687 8 2021-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I assumed that when I bought the All-In-One connector I would still be able to direct connect from All-In-One to my iPhone but, this does not seem to be the case. Or, am I just missing something? Instead of direct connect in wants to connect via wifi/Bluetooth. That was the whole reason I bought it. I need to run a remote mic and have a direct connection from the Pocket to my iPhone. Without being able to do that, this thing is totally useless to me.

Tom,
2021-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Just want to confirm, Tom are you referring to connecting your mobile device wirelessly at the same time connect the wireless mic via do it all handle? Or you are trying to connect your mobile device using the smartphone adapter with the wireless module connected? Thank you for your confirmation, please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-2
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-2 20:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Just want to confirm, Tom are you referring to connecting your mobile device wirelessly at the same time connect the wireless mic via do it all handle? Or you are trying to connect your mobile device using the smartphone adapter with the wireless module connected? Thank you for your confirmation, please keep us posted. Thank you!

Here is a photo of what I'm trying to do. I need a direct video connection (Not a wireless connection) from the Pocket to the phone just like it did when not using the Do-It-All adapter. It doesn't work with or without the mic attached. I was under the impression it would.

Best regards,
Tom
2021-7-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

As far as I know, it is not possible to connect the phone with physical connection and use the DIA handle simultaneously. I'd remember that trying to do so gives an error message on Pocket 2.

You probably won't like my suggestion (as it means using more money), but as far as I have understood, it would be possible using the DJI's USB-C to 3,5mm adapter (https://store.dji.com/fi/product/osmo-pocket-3-5mm-adapter) and the Rode Wireless Go II (https://www.rode.com/wirelessgo).

If I have mistaken some way or if somebody has a better suggestion for doing this, feel free to give your opinions on the matter.

IMO giving the possibility to use both USB-C and the DIA handle at the same time would be a good fix to be implemented in the next firmware update (if that is technically possible).
2021-7-3
Use props
Arc Light
lvl.4
Canada

I too would love to be able to directly connect through USBC while the do it all handle is attached. That way I could use the wireless connection as a client monitor.

I have both the original Pocket and the new Pocket 2, and the current firmware needs lots of fixes in the pocket 2 to make it is as good as the original Pocket. It’s really unfortunate, and I’m back using my original pocket patiently waiting for new firmware for the pocket 2 to correct all it’s current problems.
2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dldp-sp Posted at 7-3 02:57
[view_image]

Here is a photo of what I'm trying to do. I need a direct video connection (Not a wireless connection) from the Pocket to the phone just like it did when not using the Do-It-All adapter. It doesn't work with or without the mic attached. I was under the impression it would.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, we can't establish a direct connection (using cable) for your smartphone (App) directly to the port when using the DJI Do-It-All handle at the same time connecting your wireless mic. You can only connect it via Do-It-All handle wirelessly. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-4
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-4 00:26
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, we can't establish a direct connection (using cable) for your smartphone (App) directly to the port when using the DJI Do-It-All handle at the same time connecting your wireless mic. You can only connect it via Do-It-All handle wirelessly. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Thank you for your response. I assumed this could be done because it had the USB-C connector on it. This is something that a great number of users are wanting. Wireless is unreliable and latency is also a problem plus, there is a huge drain on the battery. Is there a chance in the future this ability will be added either to a new version of the Pocket or by a firmware update?

Regards,
Tom
2021-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dldp-sp Posted at 7-4 04:27
Thank you for your response. I assumed this could be done because it had the USB-C connector on it. This is something that a great number of users are wanting. Wireless is unreliable and latency is also a problem plus, there is a huge drain on the battery. Is there a chance in the future this ability will be added either to a new version of the Pocket or by a firmware update?

Regards,

Hi, Tom. Thank you for your response. I will take note of this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-7-5
Use props
djiuser_zSOYTJw3JEpF
New

United Kingdom

Hi!
I am experiencing the same issue, is there any solution yet or now because there's a pocket 3 our there the pocket 2 gets forgotten and basically little to no support is given.Thank you!
1-10 14:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules