Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Give back the charge button
12Next >
4854 50 2021-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I just want to create this poll for Dji Mods to see how many of their customers want the option to be able to chose if the Fly app charges their iphones or not. I do not want it to be set to always charge and as many other users have posted it cause the iphones to over heat because this is putting the phones under stres being charged and heavily stressed when flying at the same time. Will Dji replace our expensive iphone 12 Pr Max if their apps cause it to burn out? No they wont so gives us back the toggle switch. We DEMAND it as your long standing customers.

Single SelectVote, Total 67 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

88.06% (59)
0.00% (0)
1.49% (1)
10.45% (7)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will take note of this and forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2021-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks Suren for setting his up.  Its been a nightmare since the option was forced upon us,   I also suggest leaving a review in the App Store.
2021-7-3
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328163 ft
Netherlands

There are a lot of app users, having the problem of over heating  their phone and shutting down the app. Like mine. Sometimes causing a crash.
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_shogomino
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10347710 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Please bring back the charging function OFF menu as soon as possible.
Before the summer comes...please help me.
2021-7-3
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-2 19:43
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will take note of this and forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
Spread this as much as possible, because DJI is very slow in this matter. and i dont wanna crash my bird...........
2021-7-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-2 19:43
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will take note of this and forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Thank You. Please advise them that this is an urgent issue that needs urgent attention. I flew 4 batteries today and during my 4th battery my iPhone heated to an extent it gave me a warning of overheating on the phone screen.
2021-7-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 7-3 00:16
thanks Suren for setting his up.  Its been a nightmare since the option was forced upon us,   I also suggest leaving a review in the App Store.

Its about time Dji listens to their customers that keeps them in business. They have to make changes to their software, I understand but when it comes to something like forcing our phones to stay charging while flying- no I want to control this.
2021-7-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Paul Mavic Posted at 7-3 00:45
There are a lot of app users, having the problem of over heating  their phone and shutting down the app. Like mine. Sometimes causing a crash.

I experienced this first hand today.
2021-7-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_shogomino Posted at 7-3 01:20
Please bring back the charging function OFF menu as soon as possible.
Before the summer comes...please help me.

We are in winter here and today was quite a warm day and my phone overheated on the 4th battery. Never had this issue before.
2021-7-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I did not update my app but it seemed that it auto updated itself in the background, so now I'm on V 1.4.8 which is terrible and no way to go back on iPhone.
2021-7-3
Use props
michaeljelvesme.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1506699 ft
United States

I had the screen dim after 10 mins on 1st battery. Had to quit flying. Pretty much useless. To be honest, at first I thought my iPhone screen had stopped working.
When will DJI address this major F/Up?
2021-7-3
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

michaeljelvesme.com Posted at 7-3 03:47
I had the screen dim after 10 mins on 1st battery. Had to quit flying. Pretty much useless. To be honest, at first I thought my iPhone screen had stopped working.
When will DJI address this major F/Up?

Totally agree! It's straightforward dangerous to fly that way. Midflight got the screen so dim couldn't see a thing. Returning like that can cause a lot of incidents if you're far away!
2021-7-3
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

O join this idea
2021-7-3
Use props
fans30a49f78
lvl.1

Canada

My conversation with DJI...Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that the said phone charging on the said mobile device can not be turned off. The reason why your mobile device ( Tripltek  ) is discharging your DJI remote controller. This is because the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you.
2021-7-3
Use props
fansf7821213
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198517 ft
United States

I’ve experienced the overheating and issues with my iPhone XS Max since 1.4.4. Dimming of the screen was occurring, but on warmer days my phone would lose fav entirely due to the phone overheating and the app crashing. The option to turn it off needs to come back, especially since it’s in the manual still!
2021-7-3
Use props
Jefe-Part107
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165394 ft
United States

I haven’t seen this heating / charging issue until now. I suspect the DJI FlyApp 1.4.8 has some flaw causing the iPhone processor to get pegged. DJI needs to roll back to 1.4.4 and add the charging button back.
2021-7-3
Use props
Apollos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216640 ft

United States

This is a safety issue! Please give us the option to turn charging off! Otherwise I predict some very unhappy customers and potentially some unneeded time in court. This is a simple firmware update, don't sit on this DJI, get it done now!
2021-7-3
Use props
dancrab
lvl.1

United States

I had this happen to me on the last flight.  After about 10 minutes my iPhone screen dimmed and was slow to react to my inputs on the controller.  Fortunately I was able to visually see the drone and flew it back without looking at my screen and I didn't have to use Return to Home.  Please make the option to charge or not available again.  I won't be flying until this is fixed.
2021-7-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Today I flew again and by the end of my 2nd battery my iPhone screen dimmed quite a bit and the phone at the rear was very hot to touch. My phone is not cheap and this really worries me to continue flying using my phone as it could cause sever damages to it.
@DJI - We Demand confirmed Action as your customers. I have never come onto this forum in all my years and complained but this is going to far.
2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Paul Mavic Posted at 7-3 01:58
Spread this as much as possible, because DJI is very slow in this matter. and i dont wanna crash my bird...........

Thank you. We will surely keep you posted once we have information regarding this matter. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2021-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Suren Posted at 7-3 02:34
Thank You. Please advise them that this is an urgent issue that needs urgent attention. I flew 4 batteries today and during my 4th battery my iPhone heated to an extent it gave me a warning of overheating on the phone screen.

You're welcome. This is duly noted, Suren. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you!
2021-7-4
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-4 00:12
Thank you. We will surely keep you posted once we have information regarding this matter. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Dear DJI Paladin, I don't want to be impolite, but can you give us a date of repair?
Should not be that difficult, because early versions had this option, working like a charm.At least for my Android phone.
2021-7-4
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Netherlands

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2021-7-4
Use props
Michael-J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1506699 ft
Germany

Paul Mavic Posted at 7-4 04:35
I am going crazy or DJI is lying.
On former Fly apps it was possible to switch this on or off.
And I NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 ANDROID phone.

I wonder if China is experiencing this issue?
2021-7-4
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Italy

There is another issue phone charging continuos, iphone be hot and go under protection, come on dji do something or i will sell my mavic and buy autel evo
2021-7-5
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Netherlands

cicciopilota Posted at 7-5 05:39
There is another issue phone charging continuos, iphone be hot and go under protection, come on dji do something or i will sell my mavic and buy autel evo

DJI did'nt like my comment #24

In Chinglish it says: "Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield"

In English this means: "This Post had been hidden by aMod or Admin"

The fact is: I don't want my MINI 2 to crash, due to overheating my phone.

2021-7-5
Use props
Hutch360
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-4 00:12
Thank you. We will surely keep you posted once we have information regarding this matter. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

After updating Fly app on July 4th, my XS Max overheated today after 10 mins - the screen was so dim I had to land ASAP.  
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Paul Mavic Posted at 7-4 04:11
Dear DJI Paladin, I don't want to be impolite, but can you give us a date of repair?
Should not be that difficult, because early versions had this option, working like a charm.At least for my Android phone.

As of the time being, we don't have a timeframe about the said issue but this has been forwarded. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2021-7-5
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-5 22:52
As of the time being, we don't have a timeframe about the said issue but this has been forwarded. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Dear DJI Paladin,
Imagine someone is flying in a urban situation, the phone gets overheated and shuts down.
At this moment the newbee pilot has no image and panics, making a wrong decision and the drone crashes, causing a fatel accident.
As an experienced flyer, I know and I will wait till the drone kicks in the RTH.
But............. will the newbee react likewise?
Just a question: "Who's responsible when a person gets injured due to DJI fly app failing?"
2021-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just voted to get the switch back.
2021-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have been using SC so haven’t really noticed it. But it certainly needs fixing , we need choice to switch off or just turn off charging altogether. “good Job”
2021-7-7
Use props
Pete McArthur
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has to be fixed NOW! What crazy assed developer would release such a flawed app. I am effectively without a drone now, what a way to keep your customers happy/
2021-7-7
Use props
ihenni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198517 ft
United States

It appears to be back. I’m not sure how, but I checked it this morning and the option is back. I’ll test it out more this evening.
2021-7-7
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Netherlands

STILL ONLY ON IOS.
Just installed the latest version, but NOT on Android.
2021-7-7
Use props
TomasP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121253 ft
Poland

DJI Fly 1.4.8 (477)  charge button is back on iOS !
super, many thanx DJI

2021-7-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

So it does seem that the option to charge or not has been put back to Fly 1.4.8. Thank you very much Dji.

To all my fellow pilots, Thank you for contributing to get Dji to move on this so quickly, together we all have the power to make our voices heard.
2021-7-7
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I voted to get it back BUT. the word "demand" is a bit strong and counter productive when dealing with a company like DJI., and damages the chance that it will happen. "Request" would have been more appropriate. Nice Benz BTW
You got there in the end. Good Job.

2021-7-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

bjr981s Posted at 7-7 15:38
I voted to get it back BUT. the word "demand" is a bit strong and counter productive when dealing with a company like DJI., and damages the chance that it will happen. "Request" would have been more appropriate. Nice Benz BTW
You got there in the end. Good Job.

Thanks. Yeah sometimes we have to be a little stern even with big companies because if we are not it takes longer to reach your goal.
2021-7-7
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Netherlands

Is there anybody out there having a video or something, where you can see that the option existed in the Android version of the fly app?Somewhere, somehow DJI is blocking this in Android, because I had it in anearlyer fly app. (and I'm NOT lying. It worked well)
2021-7-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules