Hot Hot iPhone. Flying days are over
829 7 2021-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

This is nuts.  After flying my Mini 2 for a very shot time using DJI FlyApp 1.4.8 my iPhone is not warm it is HOT.  Like everyone else the screen dims to dark.  I have to hit the RTH buttton and call ita day.  This phone has no SIM card and very few apps on it.  It is just a monitor for the controller.

I bought the Combo package and added an extra battery to the mix. Before this problem occured, I would fly until all the batteries were low.  A good day.

Some one here said that 1.4.2 still had the control to stop the phone from charging (something I always had turnes off).  Is that true?  If so, how does one downgrade from 1.4.8 to 1.4.2?

I am done flying until this is resolved.  What is the point in driving to an open safe area to get the drone up for a only few minutes.  The fun is gone.

2021-7-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Vote here, The more votes we get the faster we get an update from Dji to give us the charge switch back.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2513733
2021-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes.   I have been getting the same since the charging option was stolen from us.
2021-7-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 7-2 20:23
Vote here, The more votes we get the faster we get an update from Dji to give us the charge switch back.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=245663&page=1#pid2513733

thanks for setting up the poll,   just adding my vote.
2021-7-3
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

I join this idea
2021-7-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 7-3 00:15
thanks for setting up the poll,   just adding my vote.

Thanks Mate
2021-7-3
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

Hello Suren and thanks for setting up the poll.  I have added my vote asking for the charging option to appear again.  I doubt if DJI will bother to listen as this is an ongoing problem getting worse.  

I was about to purchase an Air 2S but not a chance now.  I am researching other brands at the moment.  I am no longer in any rush.  Having a NEW Mini 2 with an overheating monitor on the controller negates any fun in taking aerial images and footage.  Especially doing it safely in the limited time frame before that monitor goes dark.

DJI has a massive part of the drone market and you are getting a god product for the money spent.  Yes, their customer service is not great but the mountains of money keeps rolling despite that.   

Will the LiPo battery discharging problem finally get fixed 100%? Maybe.  Will the Android phone users have the problems with their Fly App version finally end?  Hopefully.  Will the phone charging button reappear soon? I would not hold my breath on that one!  So many people here have asked these questions and more with only deaf DJI ears listening.
2021-7-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You’re very welcome, we need this sorted.
2021-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules