"Outback" Australia-new version
571 25 2021-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

The Australian Outback is at once familiar... yet other-worldly strange.
6 months ago I posted this short film, I hope you enjoy the totally re-edited cinematic version.

2021-7-3
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Yes I remember that video very well and now you have definitely made it better I think by including many shorter shots of various places. It really made me feel home sick after 32 year there with the kangaroos, the eucalyptus trees and the red earth colures. Very nice indeed  and nice slow flying. Well done Cristangey.
2021-7-3
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

kyalami Posted at 7-3 07:06
Yes I remember that video very well and now you have definitely made it better I think by including many shorter shots of various places. It really made me feel home sick after 32 year there with the kangaroos, the eucalyptus trees and the red earth colures. Very nice indeed  and nice slow flying. Well done Cristangey.

Thanks Kyalami, were you working over here?
2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Marvelous footage, Christangey! Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a good one!
2021-7-3
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-3 21:12
Marvelous footage, Christangey! Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a good one!

Thank you very much Paladin, much appreciated!
2021-7-3
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

christangey Posted at 7-3 15:48
Thanks Kyalami, were you working over here?

Hi Christangey, Thanks for asking. I mainly lived in Sydney, but also in Gladstone and Townsville plus 3 years care of the Great barrier Reef on my 45ft yacht spending most time diving the reefs and filming under water which is my hobby. Now I want to learn filming from the air with my Mavic 2 Pro which is a fantastic drone and compliment my U/W videos. You can see some of the over 100 videos on https://thelningunderwatervideos.com/ starting with a Betamovie video camera and built my U/W housing starting 1985.

Are you from Australia yourself?
Cheers Tony
2021-7-4
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

kyalami Posted at 7-4 00:22
Hi Christangey, Thanks for asking. I mainly lived in Sydney, but also in Gladstone and Townsville plus 3 years care of the Great barrier Reef on my 45ft yacht spending most time diving the reefs and filming under water which is my hobby. Now I want to learn filming from the air with my Mavic 2 Pro which is a fantastic drone and compliment my U/W videos. You can see some of the over 100 videos on https://thelningunderwatervideos.com/ starting with a Betamovie video camera and built my U/W housing starting 1985.

That's interesting Tony, I'll have a look at your footage. Yes born and bred and have lived smack in the middle, Alice Springs, for 33 years now.
2021-7-4
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

christangey Posted at 7-4 00:25
That's interesting Tony, I'll have a look at your footage. Yes born and bred and have lived smack in the middle, Alice Springs, for 33 years now.

Crikey, so you are at true Aussie then mate. You definitely have some wonderful landscapes and colours outback to film, But I guess its a bit hot out there some times. You certainly have some very good footages on your web site that I have looked at. Hope to see some more here one day. Oh, forgot to mention that nice footage of the horned lizard, that was great to see.
2021-7-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely amazing footage.  
2021-7-4
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

kyalami Posted at 7-4 00:44
Crikey, so you are at true Aussie then mate. You definitely have some wonderful landscapes and colours outback to film, But I guess its a bit hot out there some times. You certainly have some very good footages on your web site that I have looked at. Hope to see some more here one day. Oh, forgot to mention that nice footage of the horned lizard, that was great to see.

Maybe you can visit us one more time too Tony!
2021-7-4
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

christangey Posted at 7-4 03:28
Maybe you can visit us one more time too Tony!

Yes I would certainly love to do that and also to see all the changes that has happened. I will definitely keep that in my mind, although there are a few Km and hours to get there. My drone will not make it on one battery for sure.
2021-7-4
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

kyalami Posted at 7-4 08:15
Yes I would certainly love to do that and also to see all the changes that has happened. I will definitely keep that in my mind, although there are a few Km and hours to get there. My drone will not make it on one battery for sure.

Ha! Not wrong there!
2021-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

christangey Posted at 7-3 22:36
Thank you very much Paladin, much appreciated!

It's my pleasure! Stay safe and happy flying always.
2021-7-4
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-4 03:05
Absolutely amazing footage.

thanks Captain, appreciate that!
2021-7-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

christangey Posted at 7-5 00:12
thanks Captain, appreciate that!

You're very welcome.    Have a great week.
2021-7-5
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-5 03:22
You're very welcome.    Have a great week.

I will Captain!
2021-7-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely work!
2021-7-5
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks Captain Montfrooij, you've been a solid supporter of what I do over the last couple of years!
2021-7-6
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

kyalami Posted at 7-4 00:22
Hi Christangey, Thanks for asking. I mainly lived in Sydney, but also in Gladstone and Townsville plus 3 years care of the Great barrier Reef on my 45ft yacht spending most time diving the reefs and filming under water which is my hobby. Now I want to learn filming from the air with my Mavic 2 Pro which is a fantastic drone and compliment my U/W videos. You can see some of the over 100 videos on https://thelningunderwatervideos.com/ starting with a Betamovie video camera and built my U/W housing starting 1985.

Some good footage there Tony, do you have anything in 4K? If so you might be able to license some of it.
2021-7-6
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Hi Christangey,
Yes, that might be a good idea. Thanks for your suggestion. I do get request from time to time for parts for various documentaries and get a few dollars per second. Everything from 2018 and up is in 4K. Before that it was done to 2012 in HD and before that HI-8 and before that the old Betamovie.
2021-7-6
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

kyalami Posted at 7-6 22:39
Hi Christangey,
Yes, that might be a good idea. Thanks for your suggestion. I do get request from time to time for parts for various documentaries and get a few dollars per second. Everything from 2018 and up is in 4K. Before that it was done to 2012 in HD and before that HI-8 and before that the old Betamovie.

That's the way it goes unfortunately, but at least for most people 8K will be a waste of space!
2021-7-7
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

christangey Posted at 7-7 00:40
That's the way it goes unfortunately, but at least for most people 8K will be a waste of space!

Yes I totally agree with you. But I guess that one day, it will eventually be there. TVs have been out for about one year now. The files will be enourmusly large and the editing computer would also require more power and cost a lot more. I am defenitely not there yet.
2021-7-7
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

kyalami Posted at 7-7 05:48
Yes I totally agree with you. But I guess that one day, it will eventually be there. TVs have been out for about one year now. The files will be enourmusly large and the editing computer would also require more power and cost a lot more. I am defenitely not there yet.

I think its more the law of diminishing returns, there's a point when the human eye can only discern a certain image quality
2021-7-7
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

christangey Posted at 7-7 16:14
I think its more the law of diminishing returns, there's a point when the human eye can only discern a certain image quality

Yes, you are right. Why spend money on something that you could hardly notice.
2021-7-7
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

kyalami Posted at 7-7 23:25
Yes, you are right. Why spend money on something that you could hardly notice.

12K really does my head in!
2021-7-10
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-4 21:37
It's my pleasure! Stay safe and happy flying always.

I'll certainly try while I patiently await the Mavic 3 Pro
2021-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules