Can't connect rc to phones
598 5 2021-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_koHRm84QCKeP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi

Was looking forward to my first go with mini 2 today, bur about ready to give up.

Can't connect the rc to either phone we have available - a Samsung galaxy a9, and moto g10.

I have tried another usb-c to usb-c cable and still no go.

Just doesn't register connection. Should I just send the bloody thing back
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_koHRm84QCKeP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

To expand on the above (because using these forums on mobile is awful so couldn't type more), I absolutely have the usb-c connected to the correct input on RC, have tired reconnecting, restarting, and as above tried two different phones. But every time going through the connection process in app, I get to the point it says to connect RC to phone via cable, and simply nothing happens.

The phones do detect that "something" has been connected, but I get nothing beyond that - the app itself doesn't detect the attached device as the RC for me to continue.
2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue persists? It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not compatible with the app and the unit and this might be the reason why you experience the issue. We strongly recommend using a compatible device to avoid such issues. Please refer to the link below for the list of compatible mobile devices. Thank you for your understanding and support!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_koHRm84QCKeP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-3 21:07
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue persists? It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not compatible with the app and the unit and this might be the reason why you experience the issue. We strongly recommend using a compatible device to avoid such issues. Please refer to the link below for the list of compatible mobile devices. Thank you for your understanding and support!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

As above, i tried two phones.

Honestly, if your support list is that pathetically limited, this piece of junk can go back. I'm not going to start buying new phones on the off chance it "might" work

Quite ridiculous.
2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_koHRm84QCKeP Posted at 7-3 22:46
As above, i tried two phones.

Honestly, if your support list is that pathetically limited, this piece of junk can go back. I'm not going to start buying new phones on the off chance it "might" work

We totally understand your concern. However, it shows that the mobile device that you are using is not listed on our recommended mobile device and this might be the reason why you have the issue. Please try to use a compatible device and let us check if the issue persists. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-7-4
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

djiuser_koHRm84QCKeP Posted at 7-3 07:44
To expand on the above (because using these forums on mobile is awful so couldn't type more), I absolutely have the usb-c connected to the correct input on RC, have tired reconnecting, restarting, and as above tried two different phones. But every time going through the connection process in app, I get to the point it says to connect RC to phone via cable, and simply nothing happens.

The phones do detect that "something" has been connected, but I get nothing beyond that - the app itself doesn't detect the attached device as the RC for me to continue.

Having read your attempts so far, have you tried connecting the RC to the phone first, before even starting the app (that's my order)? I know it sounds daft, but you've already clarified that you've connected the usb-c to the correct port on the RC, you've tried two different usb-c cables and you've tried two different phones, all to no avail. If that doesn't work for you, then depending on where you bought it, I'd either return it as faulty (the RC) and get another one/or a refund. This insistence by DJI that you can only use a compatible phone is beyond a joke (I use a Moto G8).
EDIT: Just stumbled across another post which may or may not help. I don't have a usb-c connector on my phone, so can't comment on whether it works or not. I've provided the link to the thread, but there are basically two suggestions. One is to rotate the cable 180 degrees when plugging into the phone. The second is to check for dust inside the connector of the phone(s).

https://forum.dji.com/thread-229328-1-1.html
2021-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules