Pontiac G8 Video from P3P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nephew of mine wanted me to take some shots of his Pontiac G8 with my P3P. Before you even say it, he requested this song . Anyway, I think I am closer to getting all of my video settings correct, but I have a lot of work to do in editing. I got a little carried away with the "Stabilization" feature inside of FCP and it definitely did some wonky things in the video. Also, this is just a rough draft for now. All video was taken from the P3P, even the ground shots (Elephantom).Constructive feedback is welcome on my P3P work.

2015-7-22
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-7-23
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

i can see you holding the phantom and your reflection on the body, no shots showing the power of the car, no fly by, all slow speed, not a good location to shoot a car, you need to be by some kind of landscape or country road tracking it going on high speed doing tight corners like a police chopper following it, good beginning but shots are repeating with no purpose.
2015-7-23
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-7-24 05:01
First, I've never heard of the Pontiac G8 until now. This is one reason you're not getting any feedb ...

Nah you aren't hurting my feeling one bit lol. I have only had the Phantom for 2 weeks now so I am working my way up to some more challenging things. This was just a little side project that he wanted to show his friends, etc. Also, I did a video of the building in the back, but you would probably also find that boring
2015-7-23
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-7-24 05:13
i can see you holding the phantom and your reflection on the body, no shots showing the power of the ...

I think you are speaking a little above my experience level. Guess I should have been a little more clear on ho new I am at this. Anyway, thank you for the feedback, and I will try to get some better shots of some more interesting subjects in the future.
2015-7-23
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2015-7-24 05:26
I think you are speaking a little above my experience level. Guess I should have been a little mor ...

Practice is good, keep flying and remember that anything can be made interesting, its how you present it, just make sure you don't make it obvious you are using a quadcopter to film, make people think its professional job, the more you head that way and be smooth the more you get appeal.
2015-7-23
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Nice work!  I especially like the fly around at 1:50.  Almost makes your Nephew look "gangsta cool".  ;-)

In general...  Shoot it again at twice the speed.   (Preferably while the car is drifting sideways in a circle.)    ;-)
2015-7-23
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

Great beginning.   Tough shoot with a boring subject.   But, that's been said.  I'm a newbie as well, and enjoyed some of the footage.  Especially your practice at keeping the subject while panning.   Keep on movin' on!
2015-7-24
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the great feedback guys. I will definitely keep working on this. The good part is that this thing is so fun to practice!
2015-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules