Fly App crashing(again!)
5677 51 2021-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

iPhones are for people who have no (and want no) knowledge of technology. Don't mix tech illiteracy with drones!
2021-10-20
Use props
Mandy and Drone
lvl.1
South Africa

Mini 2
Samsung S7
V.1.4.12 (1410 official)

App keeps crashing and I keep ...ting myself! Sort it out DJI!
2021-10-20
Use props
droneriffledchi
lvl.2

Latvia

Johnny_J Posted at 10-20 05:53
iPhones are for people who have no (and want no) knowledge of technology. Don't mix tech illiteracy with drones!

Sorry but what an idiotic statement, hoped to hear a better answer than some aged stereotype that you would expect to hear from school children.

So if anyone (except you of course since you have no knowledge of iPhones and iOS) can answer my query about if DJI software is prone to have issues on iOS, I would appreciate such answer
2021-10-20
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

I tried to say it in every way: it is not permissible for us to be guinea pigs with drones that we paid with our money.
Unfortunately the app is a key part of the drone and DJI has to create an update and testing process.
They are good at making hardware but from a software point of view there are many gaps, even if only organizational.
The end user cannot be part of the testing process with their own equipment.
2021-10-20
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 10-20 07:29
I tried to say it in every way: it is not permissible for us to be guinea pigs with drones that we paid with our money.
Unfortunately the app is a key part of the drone and DJI has to create an update and testing process.
They are good at making hardware but from a software point of view there are many gaps, even if only organizational.

DJI have no clue how the software works. Why? Go figure ...
2021-10-20
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Spain

vmloureiro Posted at 10-20 03:54
Hello!
I was flyig just fine till last month but yesterday I've tried to open the dji fly app and an error pop up.
"Retrieving resource file failed..."

Can I suggest that you try an earlier version of the app.  I had no problems using  Galaxy A71 with my Mini 2 until DJI updated the app to v1.4.8, then it crashed regularly.  DJI were no help, just suggested that I bought a new phone! I had an older version already downloaded on the phone so I deleted Fly 1.4.8 and pre-installed v1.4.2, since when I have had no problems at all.  You can generally find older versions on the internet if you search for them, but I don't think that DJI let you download them.  The problem is with DJI releasing a badly written app that doesn't work on all devices.  If theybadvertised their products with a clear warning such as 'Fly is only tested on the following devices....  and may not work in others' it wouldn't be so bad, but the manual I downloaded just mentions versions of Android.  Fortunately (but with no help from DJI) I was able to find a solution and I'm very happy with my Mini 2.
2021-10-20
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Spain

I'm a actually OK with being a tester for them, but they have to provide the equipment for me to test, not have me buy it first!
2021-10-20
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Johnny_J Posted at 10-20 08:04
DJI have no clue how the software works. Why? Go figure ...

But look, I can also understand that it is difficult to develop software for such a large type of hardware.

What I don't like is that we all act as testers and endanger the safety of our drones.
If they just selected a group of people or if the people installing the software knew they were beta versions, maybe they could even give support to the development.

I take an example in the same industry: the people of Dronelink release beta versions of the product and have an ad hoc section in their forum to write reports.
Each member of the group of testers knows perfectly well what to try, what changes have been inserted and above all, does it consciously.
2021-10-20
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

I had similar issues with my Asus ZenPad 8.  Do you notice it happens when you stop recording video by chance?  If so, my solution was to turn off Video caching.  Some devices, older, can't handle the 4k Video Caching.  Just a suggestion
2021-10-20
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Spain

Mhinc Posted at 10-20 20:15
I had similar issues with my Asus ZenPad 8.  Do you notice it happens when you stop recording video by chance?  If so, my solution was to turn off Video caching.  Some devices, older, can't handle the 4k Video Caching.  Just a suggestion

I don't usually record video, but I did notice that there could be a problem when transferring high quality still imagery to the phone while flying, so turned that off and it sorted it.  I just wish that DJI had made it public that only certain phones were guaranteed to work before I bought the Mini 2.  I was waiting for it to be released when I bought my A71, which seemed ideal with a big and bright screen,  but of course the problems may only have started with later versions of Fly, as I didn't have any in the first couple of months after my Mini 2 arrived.
2021-10-21
Use props
Sidlinger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219183 ft
United States

DJI FLY crashes in-flight on my Smart Controller as well (3 times during my most recent flight.) besides the obvious issue of losing control of the aircraft for a little while, it also means I don't end up with valid DJIFlightRecord .TXT files.
2022-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules