816 9 2021-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Denndb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914688 ft
Croatia

Hello,

When looking at the live view screen in the DJI Fly app, when for instance camera looks at something that's dark, I can notice one "hot pixel" (visible as bright dot). When visible, that "hot pixel" is positioned always on the same place but the fact is - it's visible SOMETIMES, not always, even if the camera is looking at the same darker area. That's really strange.

When that bright pixel IS visible on its usual place on the screen, when I then take that same photo - that bright pixel is NOT visible on the photo (either raw or jpg). I have tested it and I have not managed to get that hot pixel visible on the photo, either raw or jpg.

I'm attaching the screenshot where that hot pixel is visible. But when I then took that same photo - the hot pixel is not visible on the photo (either raw or jpg).

Please advice, what does that "hot pixel" on the live view mean - is it some failure or it's normal?

Thanks!

hot pixel?

hot pixel?

Photo

Photo
2021-7-4
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

It can be your mobile.
I don't think it is the fly app nor the drone.
2021-7-4
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Croatia

I have tried with my other phone and the result is the same...
2021-7-4
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Know that the transmitted image has a lower quality than the original picture saved on the drone's SD card.

If only can be seen in darker circomstances, I wouldn't worry too much.
I would have tought it would be on your phone, but has you have it on two different devices it must be something that happened during transmission from drone to controller.
2021-7-4
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Croatia

Thanks, it's the most important for me that it's not some sensor failure related issue...
2021-7-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Denndb. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. Can you please try capturing different photos with different lighting scenarios to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.  
2021-7-4
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Croatia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-4 19:16
Hello there Denndb. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. Can you please try capturing different photos with different lighting scenarios to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for feedback. I have tried the following test:

The transmitted image feed in the app contains that bright dot not always but in most of the cases when the background is darker. I have tried it using different angles of view. That bright dot is always on the same place of the screen (as visible on the screenshot in my first post). The same happens using two different phones. Totally unclear what causes that bright dot to show in the transmitted image feed in the app??

Captured 40 photos (jpg + raw) in that same low light conditions, using different angles. None of the photos (either raw or jpg) have that bright dot visible - what's really good!!
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Denndb Posted at 7-5 00:14
Hello,

Thanks for feedback. I have tried the following test:

Hi there Denndb. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. If you feel that the said issue is affecting the performance of the said DJI drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Thank you and keep flying.
2021-7-5
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-5 20:29
Hi there Denndb. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. If you feel that the said issue is affecting the performance of the said DJI drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Thank you and keep flying.

OK thanks for your help
2021-7-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Denndb Posted at 7-6 00:05
OK thanks for your help

Hi there Denndb. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. .
2021-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules