I am so disappointed in DJI's Customer Service/support
3282 36 2021-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

My DJI Osmo Mobile 2 stopped charging. I decided that I would go through the process of seeing if it could be repaired. I spoke to customer service and they provided me the instructions on how to send it back. They received my Osmo within a week and they notified me it was being looked at for repair. About a week later I received a quote for the repair which is $83 USD and it was nearly the cost of a new DJI OM4 $130 USD. $47 USD difference. Which, I thought they mentioned they would replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in the repair instructions below.
"Dear Customer, After carrying out the damage assessment, we found that, as your product is out of warranty, we will provide a paid repair service to you. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy) - DJI North America"

Great I thought why not get a new Osmo, I was looking at the DJI OM4...

The first thing I tried to do is follow up on this repair case, this is when I started to realize there were issues with customer service. I couldn't respond to the repair case to speak to this department, I contacted customer service who kept telling me this ticket is with another department I would need to contact them. So I asked, "Can you give me their contact information so I can contact them?" I then started to get the run around ie "just respond to the email they sent you" it was a "DJI Support <notification@dji.com> email address which would bounce back, which I had to explain to them. Then they said while I was on the phone with them "you will have to contact customer service" I said I just did, I am speaking to you. Then they said they will update the ticket and someone will get back to me. I still have not hard back from this department. I did ask for a manager to call me who called from a strange number so I did not answer it. They left a message trying to explain the issue and they did not even know the situation talking about I would need to send my OM4 in for repair and they can have a technician look at it and send me out a quote for repair. I was like WOW you did not read the ticket/case and do not know what is going on.

This is customer support issue started on June 21st, 2021, it is now July 5th, 2021 going on week 3. This case has cost DJI at a rough estimate:

30 min phone call daily Monday to Friday x 10 days of calling would equal about 300 mins. (60 mins in an hour / 300 mins = 5 hours roughly)
$15 per hour for a customer service person x 5 hours = $75
Repair technicians and other departments who have touched my cause let's estimate 3 hours at $20 per hour = $60

= $135 USD so far and this is a low estimated cost to the business.

As you can see up to this point it has cost the company the price of a DJI OM4 up to this point just to provide me support. This means their customer service process appears to not be profitable for DJI. This should have been a week to two weeks turn around mostly automated.

1) Send in my Osmo Mobile 2 for repair
2) They review it and provide me a status update either fix it at $83 or we can replace it. Contact us and let us know what you would like to do.
3) Contact them and tell them my decision
4) They either repair or send me out a new Osmo
5) case closed

Here is the thing that really bothers me. I told them I would pay for the OM 4 just send me the quote and instructions on how I can pay for it. This should have been pretty easy.

I was reading through all the reviews while I was going through this and their experiences are real. The DJI doesn't seem to realize how bad their customer service is for the business and over the years do not appear to be improving the KPI's that matter

1) Customer service deliverables
2) Processes that are streamlined and repeatable
3) The customer service/repair flow of information and SLA
4) Easy payment process through the repair cycle for new replacement devices vs the repair itself.

I am so disappointed with DJI and how they have handled my case. I assumed they cared about their customers and this would have been an easy case for both of us... which has not been the case.

2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, BrandonKNSS. I am really sorry about the thing you encountered. For your issue, we've escalated to our designated team and I will keep eyes on it. We will have some one to contact you once there is any update. Feel sorry about that again.
2021-7-5
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-5 03:11
Hello, BrandonKNSS. I am really sorry about the thing you encountered. For your issue, we've escalated to our designated team and I will keep eyes on it. We will have some one to contact you once there is any update. Feel sorry about that again.

Hi Wanda,

I appreciate your response to my post. This comment has nothing to do with you personally. This appears to be the standard response for all customer service people that they will escalate the issue to the department/team...etc and someone will get back to me. I have been hearing that for 10 days now. you can look up my case and see that has been the situation.

How do I know this is going to be any different?

2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BrandonKNSS Posted at 7-5 03:23
Hi Wanda,

I appreciate your response to my post. This comment has nothing to do with you personally. This appears to be the standard response for all customer service people that they will escalate the issue to the department/team...etc and someone will get back to me. I have been hearing that for 10 days now. you can look up my case and see that has been the situation.

I totally understand your situation and feel deeply sorry about your unsatisfied experience. I will keep eyes on your case and follow it till it close. Rest assured.
2021-7-5
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-5 04:04
I totally understand your situation and feel deeply sorry about your unsatisfied experience. I will keep eyes on your case and follow it till it close. Rest assured.

Thank you Wanda,

What I wrote about regarding my situation, is my request that unusual and hard to process procedurally for the team?  
2021-7-5
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

I had a similar experience when my mini 2 crashed unexpectedly back in late February. Since the filing of the issue to me receiving a new drone back was around 4 weeks. And as per your say, I totally agree that DJI support isn't profitable and that it should have been resolved in under 2 weeks. You know, my 4 weeks of experience with DJI support felt forever as I had a lot of money on the line. I'm sorry it is happening to you.
2021-7-5
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

Jackie-Gan Posted at 7-5 09:07
I had a similar experience when my mini 2 crashed unexpectedly back in late February. Since the filing of the issue to me receiving a new drone back was around 4 weeks. And as per your say, I totally agree that DJI support isn't profitable and that it should have been resolved in under 2 weeks. You know, my 4 weeks of experience with DJI support felt forever as I had a lot of money on the line. I'm sorry it is happening to you.

Thanks Jackie, Since you got your drone back I hope everything is ok?

2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BrandonKNSS Posted at 7-5 04:10
Thank you Wanda,

What I wrote about regarding my situation, is my request that unusual and hard to process procedurally for the team?

Sorry again, we will learn from the details while researching your case. Feel regretted about the delay brought by the holiday. Our related team will keep following your case during working hours.
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Jackie-Gan Posted at 7-5 09:07
I had a similar experience when my mini 2 crashed unexpectedly back in late February. Since the filing of the issue to me receiving a new drone back was around 4 weeks. And as per your say, I totally agree that DJI support isn't profitable and that it should have been resolved in under 2 weeks. You know, my 4 weeks of experience with DJI support felt forever as I had a lot of money on the line. I'm sorry it is happening to you.

Sorry for your under-satisfied experience. We will forward your advice to our designated team. Please feel free to contact us if you have any question!
2021-7-5
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

Hi Wanda, any update on my case?
2021-7-6
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

Hi Wand it appears the case is now just with another repair department and they are going to send me out the same quote as before. It looks like this case is just going to be the same situation?

Can you please look into this?
2021-7-6
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

As I thought, sure enough the repair team sent me a second quote to repairing the OSMO 2 instead of what I asked for.

This is terrible support! It appears again we will be running around in circles for days if not weeks.

Let me make this clear so your support team can understand

1) I do not want to repair my OSMO 2 due to it costs $83 USD to repair it.
2) I asked if it is possible instead of repairing the OSMO 2, can I get a quote for a new OM4,

It appears what I am asking for is so confusing for the team to understand that they do not know what to do.  That a customer would want to pay for a new update version. It's like the DJI team does not want to sell me a new OM4 and they are doing everything they can to stop me from buying one.

2021-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BrandonKNSS Posted at 7-6 07:36
As I thought, sure enough the repair team sent me a second quote to repairing the OSMO 2 instead of what I asked for.

This is terrible support! It appears again we will be running around in circles for days if not weeks.

Hi, we are deeply sorry for the error, we understand your request and will have the team follow up on your case. Apologize again for the inconvenience caused.
2021-7-6
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 7-6 19:37
Hi, we are deeply sorry for the error, we understand your request and will have the team follow up on your case. Apologize again for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Susan,

This has nothing to do with you, I just keep hearing the same response from the email and phone support. The challenge is I keep receiving the same outcome.

Can you please find a solution and respond with that vs a standard DJI templated response?

2021-7-7
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Mexico

BrandonKNSS Posted at 7-5 09:34
Thanks Jackie, Since you got your drone back I hope everything is ok?

Yeah, no problems since I got it back. Let's hope it stays that way.Thanks for asking!
2021-7-7
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

Jackie-Gan Posted at 7-7 07:54
Yeah, no problems since I got it back. Let's hope it stays that way.Thanks for asking!

hopefully! as we both can see working with DJI support is currently an issue.
2021-7-7
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Mexico

BrandonKNSS Posted at 7-7 08:18
hopefully! as we both can see working with DJI support is currently an issue.

Indeed. There needs to be a change.
2021-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BrandonKNSS Posted at 7-7 02:18
Hi Susan,

This has nothing to do with you, I just keep hearing the same response from the email and phone support. The challenge is I keep receiving the same outcome.

We fully understand how you are feeling. We have escalated your case to our supervisor team to follow up. We'll have someone contact you within working hours. Thanks for your patience.
2021-7-7
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

WOW, I really do not know what is going on with DJI and their support team as well as the breakdown in communication?

Yesterday I got a call from John a manager who understood my issue, was going to work on exactly what I was looking for being I just wanted to pay for the upgrade to an OM 4. He was going to offer me a discount and he was going to update me in 24 hours.

I can't believe what happened next.  In about a few hours I received a quote to repair my OSMO Mobile 2 with the discount we discussed. Not a quote for the OM 4 with the discount as he agreed.

Let's recap to share how this experience with DJI is going

1) My Osmo Mobile 2 was not charging and I sent it in for repair on June 18th, 2021
2) I received an invoice to repair my Osmo Mobile 2 on June 21st, 2021 for $83 USD with the option to upgrade if I would like. All I would have to do is contact them to let them know. Which there was no way to contact them. First issue
3) I had to contact customer service and let them know I wanted to upgrade to the OM 4 and this is where it started to get worst. At this point, I called almost daily to get a confirmation/update that they confirmed they understood my request and they were going to send me out a quote for a new OM 4.
4) I have spoken to numerous support people either via phone, email and now a few supervisors
5) on July 7th it appeared the Manager I spoke to understood my request and was going to get this resolve in 24 hours. Which was:
-- Send me a quote for a new OM 4 with a discount.
6) I received a quote to repair my old Osmo Mobile 2 with that discount that same day.

Now we are here today.

To give you an example of what I expect customer service to be like would be like a company called Bombas who sell socks. They sell premium socks that are durable. I had an issue with a pair of socks that I just purchased and one sock was damaged. I contacted customer service and within a day they got back to me to collect details on what happened. I sent them pictures of the damaged sock and within 24 hours they are sending me out a new pair. Which I already have the tracking number to confirm they have sent it.

Bombas case took 2 days to resolve and I only spoke to one customer service person

DJI case is now going on 4 weeks since they received my Osmo Mobile 2. I have spoken to numerous support people, as well as managers and my case is still ongoing.

From my experience so far it appears that DJI has a major issue with their customer service, a breakdown in internal communication, and currently do not have the ability to resolve this.

Natalia, Susan, Wanda, and any other administrator who is going to comment on this. I ask you this

1) What would you do if you were in my situation as a customer for a smaller $150 device have to spend 4 weeks trying to get the case resolved. Going through the same situation?
2) How would you feel?
3) What would you want to be done?

At this point due to my inconvenience of spending 4 weeks of my time following up with this case on a daily basis. Trying to get my case resolved due to DJI's internal challenges and not being able to resolve this case. Would it be crazy for me to think at this point DJI should just be sending me a new OM 4 at no cost just to get this case resolved and rectify this terrible experience?

2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BrandonKNSS Posted at 7-8 03:19
WOW, I really do not know what is going on with DJI and their support team as well as the breakdown in communication?

Yesterday I got a call from John a manager who understood my issue, was going to work on exactly what I was looking for being I just wanted to pay for the upgrade to an OM 4. He was going to offer me a discount and he was going to update me in 24 hours.

Hi there, we are deeply sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience, and thanks for reaching out. If I were you, I would be frustrated as well. So I will give your comments to our corresponding team and urge them to contact you as soon as possible. We will try our best to help you with the problem. Thanks for your understanding.
2021-7-8
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you Thor for your message. I know you are just doing your job by responding to the posts here in the community. Think about how your response and what I stated. I keep getting contacted by customer service people, managers...etc all saying pretty much the same thing.

At this point, I just would like to get this resolved and someone at DJI to run with this case until it is resolved. Like the example I provided from Bombas, one person, 2 days, and the issues is resolved.

Would it be possible for you to make that happen?

2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BrandonKNSS Posted at 7-8 04:29
Thank you Thor for your message. I know you are just doing your job by responding to the posts here in the community. Think about how your response and what I stated. I keep getting contacted by customer service people, managers...etc all saying pretty much the same thing.

At this point, I just would like to get this resolved and someone at DJI to run with this case until it is resolved. Like the example I provided from Bombas, one person, 2 days, and the issues is resolved.

Hi BrandonKNSS, we had checked the case and noticed the payment of the OM 4 had been confirmed. Your unit will be shipped soon. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to let us know or reply to our email, we will do our best to help.
2021-7-9
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

You are correct Susan, I finally was able to get the upgrade I asked.

To provide you an update. I was told by the managers a few times now that the OM 4 was going to be shipped from the USA warehouse. I asked because of COVID the courier companies are behind and having something shipped from China could take 4 to 6 weeks+ to deliver. On top of that, they decided to choose the worst courier company DHL to ship it out. Each electronic device I have received from DHL has been broken and I had to send it back. See the numerous reviews below.

It is so bad that I had to tell the companies I shopped with online if they use DHL as a courier I can not purchase from them because It was doubling the cost of the item to have to ship it back for repair and get it shipped out again by another courier company.

Which this now goes back to customer service, service delivery, and overall customer care. Everyone says the right things at the start, in email, on the forum, and on the call. Which to be honest does not matter if the actions are not aligned with the outcome. DJI as a whole has to review their internal customer service process, KPI's, SLA's, and partners they use to provide better more efficient customer service.  

Would it be terrible to tell you that I am not an angry customer, I am actually a customer who truly cares to help DJI improve and I'm trying to provide senior management areas to focus on to improve this situation quickly. This way DJI's customer service reviews and perception of their service will improve, which will increase sales/profits.

As for me, it appears this case is still not finished as you can see... I am just really disappointed at this point

Reviews:
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/delivery/dhl.html

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/dhl-express-canada-brampton

https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/www.dhl.ca

https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/brampton/profile/delivery-service/dhl-express-canada-0107-1131290/customer-reviews

2021-7-10
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

I guess my last comment is, has anyone at DJI through this entire process took the time to think

"How is this customer feeling through this entire process?  What can we do to over-delivery on service to change their experience so that they can share how good of experience they had at the end?"
Then say to themselves, "let me find out what I can do, then get it all set up ready to go so that I can tell the customer exactly what is going to happen and make sure it is above their expectations"

I just wondering if that was ever thought through, It doesn't appear to be the case from what we just experienced?
2021-7-10
Use props
djiuser_gu5RnVFLoqHf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My Osmo Action stopped working within 7-8 months. It was within warranty but I neglected to contact them. I contacted them today, 13 months after purchase and they refused to take responsibility. I have Gopro 4 and 5 still working for so many years. I am going to wait for the new GoPro10 that will come soon and forget the poor experience I had with DJI products and customer care. Yaqov
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_gu5RnVFLoqHf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My Osmo Action stopped working within 7-8 months. It was within warranty but I neglected to contact them. I contacted them today, 13 months after purchase and they refused to take responsibility. I have Gopro 4 and 5 still working for so many years. I am going to wait for the new GoPro10 that will come soon and forget the poor experience I had with DJI products and customer care. Yaqov
2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_gu5RnVFLoqHf Posted at 7-12 02:31

My deepest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. Surely, this is not the DJI experience we want you to feel. May we know have you send the Osmo action back to us? Rest assured that we will do our best to provide assistance.
2021-7-12
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

This just keeps continuing I am really not sure what DJI customer support is doing and/or thinking they are saying when they respond?

This is the response I received below. Regarding a concern I had about:

"Can you please make confirm that the order went through and there are no issues with the OM 4, as well I receive everything that is included in the box?"

How confident would you be if someone told you "Should be complete" isn't that more of a guess than actual confirmation? Also "processed accordingly" accordingly to what?

"Hi Brandon,

Good day.

Thank you for the information. I was able to confirm that the package should be complete and rest assured that your order will be processed accordingly.

Thank you for choosing DJI products.​​​​

Best Regards,

Manager, DJI Customer Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

------------------------------------------------

What I was expecting from a professional customer service response would be:

Hi Brandon,

Due to all the issues around your case, I had my team confirm that everything is in the box and will be shipped the OM 4 out to you. Your shipment has not left the warehouse as of yet and you can follow the tracking number for the latest updates.

If you run into any problems please let me know and I will make sure we get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Thank you,
DJI
2021-7-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

BrandonKNSS Posted at 7-13 05:30
This just keeps continuing I am really not sure what DJI customer support is doing and/or thinking they are saying when they respond?

This is the response I received below. Regarding a concern I had about:

Hi there, we are sorry for any misunderstanding phrase that confused you. We will urge our team to check the box and send you the product as soon as possible. Your patience and understanding in dealing with this matter are highly appreciated. Should you have other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us back. Thank you.
2021-7-13
Use props
BrandonKNSS
lvl.1

Canada

This issue can be resolved due to I just received the new DJO Osmo OM 4 .

I hope DJI took these lessons learned and apply them.
2021-7-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BrandonKNSS Posted at 7-15 03:17
This issue can be resolved due to I just received the new DJO Osmo OM 4 .

I hope DJI took these lessons learned and apply them.

Hi, thank you for your update on the case. We will learn from the details and keep improving our service.
Should you have any further questions or assistance needed, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2021-7-15
Use props
djiuser_CdaTNsn1RJOu
New
Flight distance : 7257 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-5 04:04
I totally understand your situation and feel deeply sorry about your unsatisfied experience. I will keep eyes on your case and follow it till it close. Rest assured.

I am having trouble with my recent Costco purchase of a mini mavic 2. Is there a number to call to look into it? Gimbal stuck? No it moves manually...
2021-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_CdaTNsn1RJOu Posted at 7-18 06:52
I am having trouble with my recent Costco purchase of a mini mavic 2. Is there a number to call to look into it? Gimbal stuck? No it moves manually...

Hi there, could you please tell us more details of the issue you encountered? If there is an error message showing 'Gimbal stuck' when flying the Mavic Mini, please check whether a foreign object has jammed the gimbal. If so, please clear it, restart the aircraft, and then recalibrate the gimbal. Check whether there is an updated version available for the aircraft firmware. If so, update the firmware to the latest version. If the issue persists, you can also contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support and send the aircraft for further diagnosis.
2021-7-18
Use props
djiuser_IjLCCjxoZp7x
lvl.1
Canada

I have ordered the DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo from canada too it's been over a week now they taken my money and it's still not ship and now they are said that a free gift that supposed to come with the order is out of stock and that why they are not sending my order. and they have been giving me the runaround since wha a bad first experience with this company. Quick Reply Here#
2022-4-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_IjLCCjxoZp7x Posted at 4-18 07:18
I have ordered the DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo from canada too it's been over a week now they taken my money and it's still not ship and now they are said that a free gift that supposed to come with the order is out of stock and that why they are not sending my order. and they have been giving me the runaround since wha a bad first experience with this company. Quick Reply Here#

Hi, there. Sorry for the unpleasant experience caused. Could you please tell me the order number via PM, we'd like to help you.
2022-4-19
Use props
djiuser_H3LojL5IPtPu
New

United States

DJI has a great product concept and it's enjoyable when it works, but both the drone and their service are unreliable. Problems due to no fault of your own are likely to occur with their product, and when trying to get issues addressed, they will likely send you on a wild goose chase and charge you for things they should cover themselves. DJI is a highly problematic luxury item. If you have disposable money and time, go for it—it's a lot of fun. However, if wasting time and money is a pain point for you, avoid DJI.

I've owned my Air S2 for just over a year and have only flown it about three times. The expensive smart controller with a built-in screen won't charge after being connected to the charger for over 20 hours. It's just a cool paperweight now, and getting help, whether climbing the walls of DJI's support maze website, is really hard. They hide so far behind chatbots and message boards that don't address your issue. DJI = Disappointing Joystick Irritations.
4-25 01:19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_H3LojL5IPtPu Posted at 4-25 01:19
DJI has a great product concept and it's enjoyable when it works, but both the drone and their service are unreliable. Problems due to no fault of your own are likely to occur with their product, and when trying to get issues addressed, they will likely send you on a wild goose chase and charge you for things they should cover themselves. DJI is a highly problematic luxury item. If you have disposable money and time, go for it—it's a lot of fun. However, if wasting time and money is a pain point for you, avoid DJI.

I've owned my Air S2 for just over a year and have only flown it about three times. The expensive smart controller with a built-in screen won't charge after being connected to the charger for over 20 hours. It's just a cool paperweight now, and getting help, whether climbing the walls of DJI's support maze website, is really hard. They hide so far behind chatbots and message boards that don't address your issue. DJI = Disappointing Joystick Irritations.

Hello, there. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
It seems that you encountered issues in charging with the DJI Smart Controller.
May we know if you contacted our support or created a case?
Please let us know if you have any questions.
About the charging issue, you can change a charger or charging cable to try again.
Please charge it overnight and see whether it responds.
4-25 01:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules