Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 with DJI Smart Controller
1246 6 2021-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aLExnDEr72
lvl.1

Ecuador

Hello. Does anyone have experienced the DJI Smart Controller with a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0? How about it? Does it worth expend $750 on this controller, or I should keep the original Remote Controller?
In addition, one of my purposes on adquiring the Smart Controller is to use Waypoints 2.0, so can I utilize this function with the Phantom 4 Pro V2 or this is only available with Mavic models?

THanks for the help.
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there aLExnDEr72. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and uses the DJI Smart Controller when flying the said DJI drone can give out there recommendations with regards to this matter. In addition the the DJI Smart Controller provides brightness up to 1000cd/m2, showing clear details even under direct sunlight and making it an optimal tool for outdoor use. For reference, an average smartphone display offers a brightness of approximately 500-705 cd/m2. Thank you.
2021-7-5
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

I don't use Waypoints so can't comment there. But the Smart Controller is great for being able to just see. Tried a couple phones and an iPad Mini and there's just no comparison. It sets up easy - no wires.
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_DnUwdAzuunJn
lvl.1
United States

if you want the smart controller i'd be happy to trade you
2021-7-22
Use props
Bad05ford
lvl.1

United States

If you have a smart controller can you still use a tablet? Wondering because I'm looking at a pro4 v2 from a buddy with smart controller and would like the bugger screen of the tablet but still use the controller if possible.
2021-8-25
Use props
HarryUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42510 ft

United Kingdom

Bad05ford@gmail.com Posted at 8-25 09:09
If you have a smart controller can you still use a tablet? Wondering because I'm looking at a pro4 v2 from a buddy with smart controller and would like the bugger screen of the tablet but still use the controller if possible.

Yes, you can still use the tablet, as long as it's connected to a standard controller.

To answer the OP's question: Yes, I used the P4v2 with a smart controller for a while & experienced no problems. I couldn't figure out how to use atti mode with it (there is no physical mode switch to atti) but it was alright with me as I couldn't think of a situation where I really need to fly in atti mode.
2021-8-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never used the Smart Controller w/ the Phantom but it can be done.  I only use the Phantom w/ the iPad because of roof orthomosaic jobs.
2021-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules