Question on Album and SD Card
640 3 2021-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

I put the Mini 2 up last night to video the town fireworks from my property, about 3 miles away.  Did not pay atention to the max cache setting, it was 4GBytes.   I recorded for a while, came in, pulled the SD card, had 2 MP4 files, first just under 4GBytes, second less.  The first MP4 was perfect when viewed on my laptop.  Second had an error, basically corruped file.

I then checked the album in the DJI Fly app and the second video is there and looked good when I played it on my iPhone 12 that I use as a controller.

I suspect the issue happenned when the app started the second cache, my bad for not knowing to expand the cache.

I did see options in the DJI Fly app to dowload the video from the album to lots of places including my phone but seems a LOT smaller.  Have not tried anything yet.

Will the high resolution image be only on the SD card?

Any advice on the best way to procede just to get it on my laptop and the best resolution?

I am a beginner so be kind!  

2021-7-5
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

If you were still recording when the aircraft was turned off, the file can be corrupted. You can try powering up the aircraft with the SD card still in the aircraft and it may attempt to fix the file. Also, it could be the video player is not recognizing the second clip as a continuation of the first. It's best to use a video editor and put both files in the timeline in the same order as they were recorded. The video editor mayb be able to play and render the continutation clip (2nd file).
2021-7-5
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

Pappy3, I cannot thank you enough for your response.  Yuppers, Big Dummy, otherwise known as me, brought down the aircraft and powered it off without stopping the recording!  Soooo, file corrupted.

Now the good news, I did as you suggested, reinserted the SD card, powered up, connected the controller, did a 10 second video in the living room, and guess what!  The corrupted recording is now no longer corrupted, it fixed itself!!!!   Yay!!!!!!

I will eventually merge the files and then erase the end of the second file with my finger in front of the camera!!!!  
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ranger7777. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to rectify the said issue after following the information posted by Pappy3 on post #2. Just a reminder please do not to forget to hit the stop button on the DJI Fly application video record before turning off the said DJI Drone as well. Thank you and keep flying.
2021-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules