Signal Repeater Drone
4045 6 2021-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDewey
lvl.1
United States

A great next-gen OccuSync project would be a designated signal repeater drone to eliminate most obstacle interference with the primary drone. Just hover the repeater a hundred feet or so overhead and relay signals between the controller and the primary. Separate frequencies for the controller-repeater and repeater-primary, with coordinated switches between 2.4 and 5.8 GHz. The range extension would open a lot industrial, first responder and military capability; not to mention a whole new generation of range test videos on YouTube. I would buy one today if I could.
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JDewey. Good day and thank you for these interesting information that you have shared with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-7-5
Use props
JDewey
lvl.1
United States

Awesome, thanks!
2021-7-6
Use props
JDewey
lvl.1
United States

It could also be as simple as a small device attachable to anything like a tripod, tree, etc.
2021-12-21
Use props
redang
New

Switzerland

anything new on this? i really need this option. If dji isn't offering any option we could build or at least some proprietary stuff that's overprized i will have to change to some other competitors. I bet i am not the only one with JDewey who would love tho have something like that.  I need something like this and there is sadly no way around that.
2022-5-2
Use props
andychryst
lvl.1
Flight distance : 387730 ft
Australia

Even better, if the drone could act as a repeater for a 4G cellphone.  So when we are hiking in the valleys, no reception, send the drone up high enough to get reception
2022-6-9
Use props
fans93492ae5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 486503 ft
Brazil

andychryst Posted at 6-9 19:14
Even better, if the drone could act as a repeater for a 4G cellphone.  So when we are hiking in the valleys, no reception, send the drone up high enough to get reception

How about attaching an android phone with the 4G sim card and personal hotspot enabled to the drone? Then you connect with your phone to the wifi.
2022-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules