DJI magic air 2 RC suddenly does not connect anymore to my Ipone
1787 6 2021-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DannyBO
lvl.1
Belgium

After using my new DJI Mavic air 2 for a couple of months without any problems with my Iphone 11 max Pro, suddenly during a flight i got the red message on my phone "RC not connected to m..." i still could land my Drone. Trying to reconnect my Iphone to the controller is till now unsuccesful (1 day later). Installed DJI GO 4 on the OnePlus of my wife and using the usb-c to usb-c cable i was also not able to connect the RC. It looks like the RC is having problems with the USB-connection, or he needs somehow a hardware-reset.
Please help, i'm leaving on holiday to Italy and wanted to use my Drone.  Thanks, Danny
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Danny, just to double confirm, Mavic Air 2 uses DJI Fly app instead of DJI GO 4 app. Please check if you are using the correct app. Besides, may I know the iOS version you are using on your iPhone 11 Pro Max?
If the controller is unable to connect to different mobile devices, you may need to send the controller back for further diagnosis, please start a case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Sorry for the issue.
2021-7-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try using the latest version of the DJI Fly app on your wife's phone and see if it will connect to RC then.  Mavic Air 2 is not compatible with the DJI Gof 4 App.  Hope you get the issue sorted out soon.
2021-7-6
Use props
DannyBO
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Susan Posted at 7-5 19:07
Hi Danny, just to double confirm, Mavic Air 2 uses DJI Fly app instead of DJI GO 4 app. Please check if you are using the correct app. Besides, may I know the iOS version you are using on your iPhone 11 Pro Max?
If the controller is unable to connect to different mobile devices, you may need to send the controller back for further diagnosis, please start a case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Sorry for the issue.

Hi Susan,

Many thanks.
I’m using DJY FLY app and latest IOS version 14.6.
In the mean i’ve seen on this forum, that i’m not the only one having this problem. Appearently it is a know issue by DJI. And  most people have to return the controller for repair…
So i’m a bit dissapointed,

Wkrgds,
Danny.
2021-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DannyBO Posted at 7-7 13:07
Hi Susan,

Many thanks.

Hi Danny, sorry for the inconvenience caused. If the issue occurs after removing and inserting the remote controller cable into the mobile device multiple times, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Ensure that the remote controller is powered on correctly.
Press the power button once, then press and hold the power button for two seconds, and then release it until the remote controller make a beeping sound.
2. Install the latest version of the DJI Fly app.
3. Inserting the remote controller cable in the opposite direction.
Try to insert the remote controller cable in a different direction into the remote controller port as shown below:

If the issue still persists, please send the remote controller and the cable back to DJI for service. We'll do our best to help this out.

2021-7-7
Use props
DannyBO
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-7 22:59
Hi Danny, sorry for the inconvenience caused. If the issue occurs after removing and inserting the remote controller cable into the mobile device multiple times, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Ensure that the remote controller is powered on correctly.
Press the power button once, then press and hold the power button for two seconds, and then release it until the remote controller make a beeping sound.

Hi Susan,

Many thanks for your help. Appearently it works now again, but only with an original Apple USB-C to Lightning cable. A bit bizar, because it was working for a couple of months perfect with the DJI-cable.
And… i’m very caring/cautious about/with all my Stuff
2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DannyBO Posted at 7-8 04:23
Hi Susan,

Many thanks for your help. Appearently it works now again, but only with an original Apple USB-C to Lightning cable. A bit bizar, because it was working for a couple of months perfect with the DJI-cable.

Hi, thank you for getting back with the update. If it is confirmed that the issue is with the cable, you don't need to send the controller back. May I know when did you purchase the drone? If needed, you can get a new cable from DJI Store https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air-2-rc-cable?vid=90891
2021-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules