123Next >
20372 98 2021-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

I have been using the same type of card for almost 1 year.  sandisc extreme pro 128gb, with no problem.  After installing version 1.4.8, and while the card was formatted, after about 10 - 15 minutes of continuous filming, i get the message: insufficient space on the card.  
Worst of all, the recording seemed to be stuck, as were the distance and height indicators, as if the phone screen was stuck.
I am very angry with what has been happening lately.  Constantly problematic versions.
2021-7-5
Use props
coldfire22x
lvl.2

United States

Yeah, the Fly App has been hot garbage for as long as I've been using it
2021-7-5
Use props
Doryphore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199626 ft
France

"..Worst of all, the recording seemed to be stuck, as were the distance and height indicators, as if the phone screen was stuck...."
Me too, i've tried many times, without success

I redownloaded and reinstalled without success, 1.4.8 is buggy !!!

I've no problem with the the latest version 1.4.6
2021-7-9
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

No app crashes for the past 9 months until the 1.4.8 update. On my second flight with 1.4.8 I noticed the height/distance numbers remained frozen and the "Fn" button no longer worked, I returned so that I could restart the app. Once over HP and descending, I got the app not responding message, close app, or wait. I continued down until the MA2 was in front of me hovering, restarted the the app, ascended and flew around for another 5 minutes without incident. Weather has prevented any further flights to see if random app crashing is a new "optimiztion" of the app or not.
2021-7-9
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

It did it again !
Frozen altitude, Frozen distance, Frozen record button, probably frozen battery indicator.
The camera was working and I managed to make the landing.
Android 11, Samsung Note 10+, and the latest DJI fly app 1.4.8. downloaded from the official DJI site.
It is the most dangerous version to date !!
And of course no explanation or answer from DJI.
And I do not mention the other problems:
Lag, range distance (significant reduction and disconnections).
Even as b-testers as DJI has become to us, we deserve better treatment ...  
2021-7-10
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Exactaly the reason I have not updated the fly app since  april of 21. I'm a few versions back from 1.48. I just keep hitting the "Not now" button when prompted. I have no issues at all. I figure if the app is working great with my current phone and quad,  and what they have to offer in an update is some lame thing that has nothing to do with the unit I'm flying, for instance the FPV model, THE MA2s model, I'm not going to update. Do yourself a favor in the future. If you have setup that is working well, leave it, wait to be sure everything is stable in future releases  before updating. I know this doesn't help you right now, do a google search for older APK downloads of fly app versions. Uninstall the current one you have and roll back to the last one that worked well for you.
2021-7-11
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which platform?

I’ve experienced more lag and more disconnects using 1.4.8 with smart controller, but no freezing.
2021-7-11
Use props
GCxCD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119209 ft
Canada

Extreme laging, not returning home, won't land, gps totally messed up, keep saying it needs network connection, camera shutter not working and my control stopped working earlier and crashed into a building. Only the props touched the building so no dammage except 1 prop.

This is unacceptable
2021-7-11
Use props
GCxCD
lvl.2
Canada

JimDandy Posted at 7-11 05:15
Exactaly the reason I have not updated the fly app since  april of 21. I'm a few versions back from 1.48. I just keep hitting the "Not now" button when prompted. I have no issues at all. I figure if the app is working great with my current phone and quad,  and what they have to offer in an update is some lame thing that has nothing to do with the unit I'm flying, for instance the FPV model, THE MA2s model, I'm not going to update. Do yourself a favor in the future. If you have setup that is working well, leave it, wait to be sure everything is stable in future releases  before updating. I know this doesn't help you right now, do a google search for older APK downloads of fly app versions. Uninstall the current one you have and roll back to the last one that worked well for you.

Can it be done by pluging the drone to a computer? I just update with the app store normally
2021-7-11
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

Exactaly the reason I have not updated the fly app since  april of 21. I'm a few versions back from 1.48. I just keep hitting the "Not now" button when prompted. I have no issues at all. I figure if the app is working great with my current phone and quad,  and what they have to offer in an update is some lame thing that has nothing to do with the unit I'm flying, for instance the FPV model, THE MA2s model, I'm not going to update. Do yourself a favor in the future. If you have setup that is working well, leave it, wait to be sure everything is stable in future releases  before updating. I know this doesn't help you right now, do a google search for older APK downloads of fly app versions. Uninstall the current one you have and roll back to the last one that worked well for you.

You are right.
But what is the most "stable" version?
Why does DJI not have official older versions so that one can download them?
In the event of an "accident" does the warranty apply or does DJI consider that due to the use of an "older" version the warranty does not apply?
It is a shame what is happening!
2021-7-12
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

Spazoo Posted at 7-11 06:04
Which platform?

I’ve experienced more lag and more disconnects using 1.4.8 with smart controller, but no freezing.

Samsung NOTE 10+ & ANDROID 11.
Same Phone for 97 flights, with no problems, except for  the DJI FLY 1.4.8  !!.
It happened (2 times) in the middle of the flights, after 10-15 minutes. (27 degrees Celsius)
The phone had not warmed up !!!
2021-7-12
Use props
AJ356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 224446 ft
United States

Thank God I read about the new update before flying! How do I go back to the previous version (1.4.6)?
2021-7-12
Use props
CatfishAJ
lvl.1

United States

Exactaly the reason I have not updated the fly app since  april of 21. I'm a few versions back from 1.48. I just keep hitting the "Not now" button when prompted. I have no issues at all. I figure if the app is working great with my current phone and quad,  and what they have to offer in an update is some lame thing that has nothing to do with the unit I'm flying, for instance the FPV model, THE MA2s model, I'm not going to update. Do yourself a favor in the future. If you have setup that is working well, leave it, wait to be sure everything is stable in future releases  before updating. I know this doesn't help you right now, do a google search for older APK downloads of fly app versions. Uninstall the current one you have and roll back to the last one that worked well for you.

Without latest update can DJI void insurance protection?
2021-7-12
Use props
Collie147
New
Flight distance : 175000 ft
Ireland

The latest version is bonkers, did they test it at all?  Mavic Air 2, OnePlus 8.  I cant draw a box on the screen around people or objects any more, when I change from photo to video sometimes the menu items get stuck on the previous function (especially between video and quickshot, the sub menu items get stuck on video options and it gets very buggy).  I've also noticed that I cant get more than 120m before I get interference, I was able to get at least 500m in the exact same location without any loss of signal or video reception only last week, same time of day, same weather, same location and now the last 3 flights since the update, same deal and today at about 300m I completely lost signal to the point where it returned to home.  How does an app upgrade affect signal?  Definitely rolling back and I'll question any updates I apply in future.  
2021-7-12
Use props
GCxCD
lvl.2
Canada

Collie147 Posted at 7-12 14:39
The latest version is bonkers, did they test it at all?  Mavic Air 2, OnePlus 8.  I cant draw a box on the screen around people or objects any more, when I change from photo to video sometimes the menu items get stuck on the previous function (especially between video and quickshot, the sub menu items get stuck on video options and it gets very buggy).  I've also noticed that I cant get more than 120m before I get interference, I was able to get at least 500m in the exact same location without any loss of signal or video reception only last week, same time of day, same weather, same location and now the last 3 flights since the update, same deal and today at about 300m I completely lost signal to the point where it returned to home.  How does an app upgrade affect signal?  Definitely rolling back and I'll question any updates I apply in future.

Lucky it retuned home lol rth been freezing for me, landind as well lol
This update is ridiculous
2021-7-13
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

It would help if posters and repliers would state whether they are droid or IOS...maybe we could narrow the problem down to one platform.
2021-7-13
Use props
GCxCD
lvl.2
Canada

Is it fixed yet?
2021-7-13
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Rustic17 Posted at 7-13 06:22
It would help if posters and repliers would state whether they are droid or IOS...maybe we could narrow the problem down to one platform.

And the model information will be helpfull as well, as low and high price devices will be affect differently, due to their chipset and memory performance.

It would be also helpfull from DJI side to provide the hardware requirements for their app instead of just saying Android 6+ what is missleading a lot of people.
2021-7-13
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

It would be really nice if someone at DJI would respond to this topic.
2021-7-13
Use props
djiuser_I4kTPYHFrPjN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 354767 ft
Hungary

Xiaomi MI9T

This version was scandalous.
The screen does not detect touch after a while.
The roughest thing was that it freeze while circling around a POI.
He did not respond to anything and there was no picture.
Luckily, he came home with RTH.
2021-7-13
Use props
djiuser_erhkpKpBRnPK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221598 ft
United States

Camera Indicator function lockup, function button not functional, no screen touch response within minutes of flying. Repeatable. Tried different controller. Same issues. Camera view and control sticks continue to function so can land. All comes back on app restart. Tried cache clear and app (DJI. Fly 1.4.8) reinstall.  Still same issues.  Samsung S10 plus, Android 11, latest patch.  So far this only on my mini 2 because I haven't flown my mavic air 2 recently.  It's keeping me low and close... Not much for filming or camera with this issue.  Hope this noise gains momentum with DJI.
2021-7-16
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

Too many crashes, black screens, unfunctional UIs on 1.4.8

Extremely disappointed and reverted back to 1.4.4.
2021-7-16
Use props
Bob H.
lvl.1

United States

I have apparently fixed the 1.4.8 DJI Fly app.  What I did was:
•        Deleted the updated 1.4.8 DJI Fly app from my phone.  Completely uninstalled it.
•        Found the old APK file still living in my phone’s Download Folder.  It is dated May 28, so it is not too far out of date, and it is apparently DJI Fly Version 1.4.2.
•        The name of the APK file is:  1621409825498-DJI-v1.4.2-210517-1006-48011-official-sec.apk
•        Find that APK file (or another old version) and download it to your phone.
•        Once it is on your phone (probably in the Download Folder), tap on that file and it will automatically do an installation of a fresh DJI Fly app on your phone.  Remember, uninstall the fouled up 1.4.8 DJI Fly app first.
•        That APK file will put a completely new, clean, DJI Fly app on your phone, version 1.4.2.  You will have to re-do all your settings, etc. as this will be a completely new app.

I test flew my Mini with the newly installed app, in my basement, tested maneuverability and app features, and it performed normally.  Then I took it outside, into some significant wind, and flew it hard, using many of the previously failed features.  The drone and the camera both performed normally.  The failures from 1.4.8 did not reappear.  I have not tested it with my Mavic Air2.

This information is provided because it worked for me.  I hope some of you will find it useful.

Equipment:  original Mini, Android Samsung S9 phone, DJI Fly v1.4.2.

2021-7-17
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

CatfishAJ Posted at 7-12 07:53
Without latest update can DJI void insurance protection?

no, they can not. Warranty is upheld by DJI in all cases that are not pilot error. The earlier flyapp versions won't cause that to happen.
2021-7-17
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-16 22:07
Too many crashes, black screens, unfunctional UIs on 1.4.8

Extremely disappointed and reverted back to 1.4.4.

Good for you Fried Chicken, If your roll back is serving you well, stick with it!
2021-7-17
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

Your avatar is awesome. Looks like your screaming "YOU CAN'T SING JINGLE BELLS WHEN YOUR HEADS ON FIRE!" Love it.
2021-7-17
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 7-13 06:22
It would help if posters and repliers would state whether they are droid or IOS...maybe we could narrow the problem down to one platform.

Good point rustic, I gave that one an upvote. My system is android 11 and I have not updated from 1.4.0 I stated earlier I was on 1.4.8. I am not, I just fired up the fly app on my phone and went to settings to check my version. It is 1.4.0(937-official)
2021-7-17
Use props
ssmiura
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1579767 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

guys follow a link to previous DJI FLY versions:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/
2021-7-17
Use props
fans71193854
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14452 ft
Indonesia

DJI firmware 1.4.8 sucks! What the heck are they doing, trying to lose customers or what?
2021-7-19
Use props
djiuser_RoD0nMiVcK0j
New

Canada

maybe unrelated, but recently updated last time i was promted to and now my DJI4 go app will crash if i download any quickshot modes. basically killed my drone since i really like quick shots most about filming
2021-7-19
Use props
TomBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 913891 ft
United Kingdom

From what I am reading the Samsung S10 + is not very good with the DJI app.
That sucks because I have just ordered one and it is due for delivery in the next few hours and my heart has just sank.

The only thing I can do is install 1.4.6 instead.
Glad I saw this post before I downloaded the latast version.
2021-7-19
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

TomBee Posted at 7-19 23:58
From what I am reading the Samsung S10 + is not very good with the DJI app.
That sucks because I have just ordered one and it is due for delivery in the next few hours and my heart has just sank.

Wait, there's a 1.4.6? never seen anywhere
2021-7-20
Use props
djiuser_JnDckV7SU7Ky
New

United States

Thanks for the link to older apps ssmiura
2021-7-20
Use props
fans732529f1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2590108 ft
United Kingdom

S.T. Posted at 7-10 12:33
It did it again !
Frozen altitude, Frozen distance, Frozen record button, probably frozen battery indicator.

Had the same problem with my A2S today
TOtally rubish app !!!!
What are they doing ... idiots
2021-7-20
Use props
Rowland Dixon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8796171 ft
South Africa

Been having endless issues with this version and relate to all the issues posted!
2021-7-21
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

I'm confused by the memory card comments?  the Fly app does nothing to the drone or memory card?  Firmware that came out in April to support Air 2S would have effect on the memory card, but not the Fly app on a smart device?
2021-7-21
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

GCxCD Posted at 7-11 14:23
Can it be done by pluging the drone to a computer? I just update with the app store normally

Fly app does not run on the drone?  Only the smart device that the controller interfaces. either Smart Controller, Android device, or iOS device.  But no need to hook the drone to anything for the "fly app".  Updated Firmware was released back in April of 2021 that added support for the Air2S, but that is "Firmware" and that does go in the drone.  The fly app is only for the smart devices, not the drone.  
2021-7-21
Use props
djiuser_PlJNyKCueGOq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 924656 ft

United Kingdom

Same thing happened to me in air after 2-3 minutes, 4 times today! I was able to return to home or fly it with a stuck OSD. Video feed working just fine. Now I noticed that the APAS icon or whatever the name is has one missing line on the right side and depends of the settings sometimes is flashing green 3 times (I don't know if it's normal or not) and I can't find any info about it. I am a new MA2 user, I had my drone delivered yesterday. I can't fly the drone if the osd is freezing (android).
IMG_20210722_161758.jpg
2021-7-22
Use props
FlyPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1125112 ft
United Kingdom

S.T. Posted at 7-10 12:33
It did it again !

Everything you have experienced i have the exact same using my Samsung S21 ultra which i believe is now on the aproved list. Do we know if there is any official response from dji?
These issues make the drone unusable i feeel like returning it to Argos as its under a years warranty and has known issues. I believe one of the youtubers i follow did this and had it swapped under warranty. I believe he just quoted his dji case reference.
2021-7-22
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I'm just amazed that Stephen hasn't show up until now.
2021-7-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules