Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Serious problems with the new dji fly app 1.4.8
20336 98 2021-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

S.T. Posted at 8-2 00:18
It seems that the "frozen" issues is related to the photos function !
when switch from video to photos and back !!
Did you noticed ?

I can confirm it. Tested 3 times and all the 3 times the app freezed doing this:

Video recording for some minute 1080 60 fps HDR
switched to photo, selected smart type, done some photo
switched to video recording again
switched to photo, selected smart type, done some photo
Freeze.

Smartphone Xiaomi  Mi Note 10
2021-8-27
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

DJI seems to like to abandon people using older drones.   Its is unacceptable that they can allow this app to continue uncorrected.

Best bet is to use the older app.   I went back to 1.4.2 and all is well again.
2021-8-30
Use props
fans9de51e87
lvl.1
Greece

Drone: Mavic Air 2 / Phone: Xiaomi Mi 10T (Android OS, with 6Gb Ram - Octa-CoreMax 2.2Ghz) / Dji Fly App v.1.4.8.
After update to that Fly App Version (1.4.8) i have started to facing several issues, such as wrong telemetry, app buttons not functioning, app freeze, interference messages, weak signals, etc.
But the worst was that last week almost lost the drone, due to total app freeze and disconnection.
Fortunately the RTH kicked in and the drone returned to Home point after a while.
Meanwhile the app was not working at all, even when i rebooted the phone.
I dont feel safe anymore to fly a dji drone with the provided company software.Does dji listening or what?
2021-8-31
Use props
fans9de51e87
lvl.1
Greece

1.4.2 or 1.4.4?
2021-8-31
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

With all of the buggy 1.4.8 reports I have seen here and at other forums you would think DJI would have posted a bug fix update within a month of the 1.4.8 release date. Yet here we are 2 months later and still no fixes.
2021-8-31
Use props
djiuser_rs74KLObMKOb
lvl.1
Russia

So i'm the guy who got his drone broken due Fly app failure: app stuck, crashed, drone activated RTH with a tree on its way.
App is 1.4.8b1120, phone is Samsung S21 5G on Exynos
Already sent question to dji support about my case, lets see how they could handle QA dept failures
2021-9-6
Use props
djiuser_rs74KLObMKOb
lvl.1
Russia

Looks like case and main board<->gimbal connector are gone
2021-9-6
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Guys we are checking the possibility that there is a correlation between some problems that are read on the app when the SD card is almost full or even full.
It seems that for some reason, the drone disconnects, or there are other errors (GPS with few satellites, low signal) when the memory card is full.

The problem is reproducible.

2021-9-6
Use props
vandalzzz
lvl.1
Russia

SD card was full around 30% of its capacity. It is Class 10 U-3 type, so no speed issues
2021-9-6
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Has anyone had any issues with the SmartController for this 1.4.8 Release?
2021-9-7
Use props
djiuser_9QIg7J0bz9BC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132477 ft
United States

NetRanger Posted at 7-22 15:08
Just uninstall the DJI Fly APP, and install an older version of it. Version 1.4.2 or 1.4.4 works fine for me.

Link for DJI Fly App Version 1.4.4 https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-4-4-release/

Thanks! I downgraded to 1.4.4 and now my quickshots do not make my app crash. FYI I am using a Mini 2 with a Samsung Note 9.

Thanks!

Charles of Dallas, Texas
2021-9-8
Use props
fans10317446
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5948530 ft
United States

All,

I had all the same issues that everyone is descriibing in multiple forums. I found this download version 1185 on another post. I used up 3 batteries without any issues. I hope this helps most of you. BTW, delete the previous app and the DJI folder first. Don't forget to backup the DJI folder before delete, so you have the history if you have additional issues to discuss with DJI.

Tested and works after 9 batteries!!
Air 2S
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro - Yes, on DJI list

No issues with 1120 version
Mavic Air 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/com ... app_version_148_on/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4 ... ficial-sec.apk?dl=0

Regards,

Gerry
2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_f6lHlADdYwDX
lvl.2

United States

S.T. Posted at 7-10 12:33
It did it again !
Frozen altitude, Frozen distance, Frozen record button, probably frozen battery indicator.
The camera was working and I managed to make the landing.

I agree with your statement. I too am having the same exact problem. At first they blame the phone, i reset & updated, and the problem still exists.  Galaxy note 10+... i reverted back to the previous revision and flawless, well flawless to DJI standards.  
2021-9-11
Use props
vandalzzz
lvl.1
Russia

So, DJi registered my issue/crash as official troubleticket. And told that new Fly app is almost ready to be released, addressing this issue as major difference. (or maybe just new ver for upcoming Mavic 3)
2021-9-13
Use props
vandalzzz
lvl.1
Russia

Update: DJI confirmed their fault and said that crash gonna be covered by warranty.
2021-9-17
Use props
djiuser_f6lHlADdYwDX
lvl.2

United States

JimDandy Posted at 7-11 05:15
Exactaly the reason I have not updated the fly app since  april of 21. I'm a few versions back from 1.48. I just keep hitting the "Not now" button when prompted. I have no issues at all. I figure if the app is working great with my current phone and quad,  and what they have to offer in an update is some lame thing that has nothing to do with the unit I'm flying, for instance the FPV model, THE MA2s model, I'm not going to update. Do yourself a favor in the future. If you have setup that is working well, leave it, wait to be sure everything is stable in future releases  before updating. I know this doesn't help you right now, do a google search for older APK downloads of fly app versions. Uninstall the current one you have and roll back to the last one that worked well for you.

I too am doing the same, as of today, DJI will no longer push safety maps with this old version of fly app 1.4.4 therefore we are not flying safely due to their current release 1.4.8 is highly unstable, crashes or freezes in mid flight preventing true altitude, speed, gps, and other sensors. Damn if you and damn if you dont. It seems this update was done on purpose, what company would release the most unsafe patch of all times.  The FAA will eventually prohibit the use and imports of these units as they aren't in compliance.  
2021-9-17
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7006224 ft

United States

bjr981s Posted at 9-7 04:50
Has anyone had any issues with the SmartController for this 1.4.8 Release?

I've been pretty happy with the SC and my Air 2 on 1.4.8.  

It was a bit laggy at times, but after I removed the U1 rated SD card things improved dramatically. We'll see what happens when I try using a U3/V30 rated SD card (today, if Amazon delivers, I hope).

As for RTH being a problem. I am totally amazed at the OA (APAS) capability. I inadvertently got behind a major hill and lost signal. The drone came home just fine. OA (APAS) saw the hill, and I was set to BYPASS, not BRAKE, and the drone flew up and over the hill without even a complaint.
2021-9-19
Use props
GCxCD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119209 ft
Canada

Any updates on the issues?
I've been waiting for what... 2 months at least. This is ridiculous.
2021-9-27
Use props
James Miller5
lvl.1

United States

All I've noticed it has suddenly become very happy and cant land within a mile (hyperbole) of where it took off from.  Meh.  And constant SD card issues on every version.
2021-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules