123Next >
20374 98 2021-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NetRanger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 924656 ft

United Kingdom

I went back to DJI Fly App version 1.4.4. It seems OK! But I can't figure out why the right line on APAS icon is missing! Picture attached! Drone is MA2.  I am using Android!
IMG_20210722_161758.jpg
2021-7-22
Use props
Macinfo
lvl.3
United States

Just as an aside,  the DJI Fly App is NOT firmware, it's an application. Firmware is software that runs specifically on the device for low-level controls in programmable memory.  They are two different things..

You also really need to define what version your using when discussing this, the IOS version as near as I can tell is working fine, and all the issues appear to be on the Android side, which for some reason, I am not surprised..  

I have  read there is a new "build" and this is a DJI problem, if DJI is going to release fixes for Fly for Android, they need to make it obvious, roll the # to 1.4.9 or have a it say 1.4.8.1 or something, not a build # that you cannot see until the app is installed and running..  reportedly the Current one is = 1120. The previous version 1116, which is probably the broken one..
2021-7-22
Use props
FlyPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1125112 ft
United Kingdom

Bob H. Posted at 7-17 05:49
•        Deleted the updated 1.4.8 DJI Fly app from my phone.  Completely uninstalled it.
•        Found the old APK file still living in my phone’s Download Folder.  It is dated May 28, so it is not too far out of date, and it is apparently DJI Fly Version 1.4.2.
•        The name of the APK file is:  1621409825498-DJI-v1.4.2-210517-1006-48011-official-sec.apk

Hi there, thanks for this info i have wound back to the same version as you and will give it a try asap and report back. Thanks again
2021-7-22
Use props
djiuser_yUZKkm8nulw9
New

Brazil

I was flying at 400m and the app just crashed!  nothing worked.  Aircraft returned alone.  And before that, I couldn't take any pictures because nothing worked.  Sad this... and dangerous!
2021-7-22
Use props
NetRanger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 924656 ft

United Kingdom

djiuser_yUZKkm8nulw9 Posted at 7-22 14:46
I was flying at 400m and the app just crashed!  nothing worked.  Aircraft returned alone.  And before that, I couldn't take any pictures because nothing worked.  Sad this... and dangerous!

Just uninstall the DJI Fly APP, and install an older version of it. Version 1.4.2 or 1.4.4 works fine for me.

Link for DJI Fly App Version 1.4.4 https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-4-4-release/

Link for DJI Fly App Version 1.4.2 https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-4-2-release/

Probably DJI will fix this soon!
2021-7-22
Use props
NoSpHieL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2094314 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I had a gig today, my first flight since the update...
It's been a nightmare !

Lost signal, app crash regularly, UI unresponsive, FN button stopped working, overlay disappearing, format got stuck in 3:2 after switching to picture mode and back...

My drone is basically unusable
2021-7-22
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

After some weeks of bad weather and time constraints i updated today to 1.4.8 Build 1120 on my Galaxy S20 5G.
I did fly with my MA2 and Mini 2 two batteries each without any issues even up to 300m away and 50m hight.
The only glitches i expierenced was a for less than half a second in the video stream everytime an airplane was passing by.
I was flying close to the approach zone of a big airport which is 20km away from my home.
My conclusion is that the radar of the planes does interfere the 5GHz connection between the  drone and the RC.
Over all everything works as it should.
What i really appriciated is, that now the obstical avoidance warnings will be shown in the attitude indicator on the bottem left as a red line on the front or rear of the drone icon.
2021-7-25
Use props
djiuser_0Xr4QRmVgYIG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89006 ft
Spain

S.T. Posted at 7-12 02:49
You are right.
But what is the most "stable" version?
Why does DJI not have official older versions so that one can download them?

Si que hay versión anterior estable, vais a https://www.dji.com/es/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly, y bajáis la versión beta la última en azul. El proceso borrar la aplicación del móvil, descargá está que te indico y listo. Te pedirá tu registro de Dji (correo y clave), lo escribes y te recupera tus datos de vuelos anteriores.
Prueba y verás como funciona....
Un saludo.
2021-7-26
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

MySky Posted at 7-25 03:40
After some weeks of bad weather and time constraints i updated today to 1.4.8 Build 1120 on my Galaxy S20 5G.
I did fly with my MA2 and Mini 2 two batteries each without any issues even up to 300m away and 50m hight.
The only glitches i expierenced was a for less than half a second in the video stream everytime an airplane was passing by.

I had similar experience with very high flying Gripens of our army, a few glitches when I heard jet fighters operating (no visual contact) in my area. But 1.4.8 Android app works good with my Xperia phone. The only safety issue is lack of ADS-B, in Fly app as well as in hobby aircrafts equipment, as there are many planes and copters in air these days...
2021-7-27
Use props
djiuser_hfvbVchEp3WJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102156 ft
Bolivia

I go back to 1.4.2 but after updated the battery firmware versión 1.4.8 is come back...
2021-7-27
Use props
djiuser_hfvbVchEp3WJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102156 ft
Bolivia

djiuser_0Xr4QRmVgYIG Posted at 7-26 13:49
Si que hay versión anterior estable, vais a https://www.dji.com/es/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly, y bajáis la versión beta la última en azul. El proceso borrar la aplicación del móvil, descargá está que te indico y listo. Te pedirá tu registro de Dji (correo y clave), lo escribes y te recupera tus datos de vuelos anteriores.
Prueba y verás como funciona....
Un saludo.

Si, pero si actualizas el firmware de las baterías, se vuelve a la versión 1.4.8

2021-7-27
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

MySky Posted at 7-25 03:40
After some weeks of bad weather and time constraints i updated today to 1.4.8 Build 1120 on my Galaxy S20 5G.
The only glitches i expierenced was a for less than half a second in the video stream everytime an airplane was passing by.

Where in the app can you see which build it is? I've been flying ok with mine. went up to 2.5km a few weeks ago while on 1.4.8Looking at the downloaded apk it does read 1120 in the file name. So I guess I do have the latest version. I renamed the previous downloads to just 1.4.2, 1.4.4 etc and I already downloaded one 1.4.8 version before but can't remember which build it was.
2021-7-28
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

doglaboi Posted at 7-28 07:19
Where in the app can you see which build it is? I've been flying ok with mine. went up to 2.5km a few weeks ago while on 1.4.8Looking at the downloaded apk it does read 1120 in the file name. So I guess I do have the latest version. I renamed the previous downloads to just 1.4.2, 1.4.4 etc and I already downloaded one 1.4.8 version before but can't remember which build it was.

If you go to profile on the start screen (bottom, middel), then scroll down to settings and then scroll left side to the bottom, there you can find the version.
I hope the naming in the english version is the same, as i have translated it from the german version.
2021-7-28
Use props
fans690558c0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1071650 ft
Canada

S.T. Posted at 7-10 12:33
It did it again !
Frozen altitude, Frozen distance, Frozen record button, probably frozen battery indicator.
The camera was working and I managed to make the landing.
Me too .. if i touch the camera settings, it does the same thing to me ... still have visual, but everything else is screwed. Arg!!!
2021-7-28
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4

Suriname

MySky Posted at 7-28 09:13
If you go to profile on the start screen (bottom, middel), then scroll down to settings and then scroll left side to the bottom, there you can find the version.
I hope the naming in the english version is the same, as i have translated it from the german version.

Ahh yess thank you very much. Didn't even know there was app related info there. Version 1120-official.
2021-7-28
Use props
djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276473 ft
Slovenia

S.T. Posted at 7-12 02:49
You are right.
But what is the most "stable" version?
Why does DJI not have official older versions so that one can download them?
Well, I think we all still have older versions downloaded on our phones, in the "downloads" folder. Adleast I have them all, since they removed the app from google play store... Check your phone, if you did't delete them, they are still there.
2021-7-29
Use props
djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ
lvl.2
Slovenia

AJ356 Posted at 7-12 03:51
Thank God I read about the new update before flying! How do I go back to the previous version (1.4.6)?

Check the 'downloads' folder on your phone, or enywhere where your browser stores downloads, I have them all waiting there ;)
2021-7-29
Use props
djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ
lvl.2
Slovenia

CatfishAJ Posted at 7-12 07:53
Without latest update can DJI void insurance protection?

I am afraid of that too, they say they check if you had the latest version if you want to use dji care refresh... Not making sense, as the new version 1.4.8 is completely dangerous... freezes again and again...
2021-7-29
Use props
GCxCD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119209 ft
Canada

Fly_Hazr_Air Posted at 7-21 10:24
Fly app does not run on the drone?  Only the smart device that the controller interfaces. either Smart Controller, Android device, or iOS device.  But no need to hook the drone to anything for the "fly app".  Updated Firmware was released back in April of 2021 that added support for the Air2S, but that is "Firmware" and that does go in the drone.  The fly app is only for the smart devices, not the drone.

Yeah I know lol
I don't know what I was thinking haha. For some reason when I wrote that, I thought it was a firware update. I just bought my drone so I did the firmware update just a few days before the 1.4.8 fly app update and my brain got mixed up haha.
2021-7-30
Use props
ToBAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2548638 ft
United Kingdom

1.4.8 is one of the buggiest pieces of software I've known and I started working life in 1979 as a trainee developer. Written & used lots of software across a lot of years and this is up there with the worst.

Not just crashing but losing control of photos mid-flight. Even the controller's photo button stops working.

Not sure I'm looking forward to another version but I've got 1.4.2 & 1.4.4 downloaded just in case
2021-8-1
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

It seems that the "frozen" issues is related to the photos function !
when switch from video to photos and back !!
Did you noticed ?
2021-8-2
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

S.T. Posted at 8-2 00:18
Did you noticed ?

I cannot confirm.
On my S20 everything works as it should.
2021-8-2
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

Bob H. Posted at 7-17 05:49
•        Deleted the updated 1.4.8 DJI Fly app from my phone.  Completely uninstalled it.
•        Found the old APK file still living in my phone’s Download Folder.  It is dated May 28, so it is not too far out of date, and it is apparently DJI Fly Version 1.4.2.
•        The name of the APK file is:  1621409825498-DJI-v1.4.2-210517-1006-48011-official-sec.apk

Hi Bob

I did exactly the same as you.  I'd been flying my Mini 2 with no problems usnig a Samsung A71 - until v1.4.8 came out.  I tried various changes to settings suggested by people here, but was still getting regular app crashes which is unacceptable.  DJI were no help, just saying that my A71 wasn't on the approved list and suggesting that I get another phone.  I found that I had v1.4.2 apk stored on the phone and after a particularly problematic app crash (flying out over the sea, app refused to re-boot) I flew back visually, deleted 1.4.8 and re-installed 1.4.2.  I'm now twenty flights down the line with no app crashes.  I think that 1.4.8 is seriously flawed and that DJI should not be offering it as it has flight safety issues.
2021-8-2
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

GCxCD Posted at 7-30 17:35
Yeah I know lol
I don't know what I was thinking haha. For some reason when I wrote that, I thought it was a firware update. I just bought my drone so I did the firmware update just a few days before the 1.4.8 fly app update and my brain got mixed up haha.

All good, no worries, I was just making sure there was not a different issue outside the 1.4.8 FlyApp you were having that might have been firmware related, or something.  But I agree as everyone else does, full of bugs and the DJI App software QA needs to do a better job.  
2021-8-2
Use props
TB-AV
lvl.1
United States

Same issues here. Galaxy S7 MA2.

Screen would freeze, If I took a photo it would freeze on the screen and the shutter might take 30 seconds to actually cycle. It seemed to fly somewhat ok, but was to afraid to try. Got up about 50' and had to bring it back. Simply unsafe to try to fly.

Thanks for links to old versions. I'm rolling back and that's the last time I will ever update simply because DJI post a new version.  This is totally unacceptable, dangerous, and unprofessional.
2021-8-2
Use props
BlairwareVision
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16780791 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issues or worse.  App locks up all the time, including in the middle of intelligent flight modes.  Drone becomes unresponsive,  won't land, or stops in the middle of a routine.

This is unacceptable!  Please back off this development branch before Someone loses a drone or more people do since thus is a terrible state for safety. I keep rolling back to v1.4.4 or 1.4.2. I would like to stay there until Stability returns, but the App continues to re-install 1.4.8 and its getting really wearisome.

Please please please... fix the app so I am not afraid to fly it.

best regards

John B.
2021-8-2
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

OMG! MONTH !!! Passed since 1.4.8 was released and NOTHING was made to improve situation. DJI! Where are you? I having all issues above. Have almost no issues with 1.3.
2021-8-3
Use props
Garinhais
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24065 ft
Latvia

Hello.
Well I also have a problem with the 1.4.8 app, maybe not as critical, but still. A jerky video image on the screen. It doesn't matter if the distance is 10 meters or 2000 meters. Whether video or photo mode. Feeling that the video card is not working properly on the phone.
No problem returning to the 1.4.4 app!
We are careful!
Phone: Galaxy S21 Utra 5G. Soft build: RP1A.200720.012.G99BXXU3AUG4
2021-8-10
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4

Suriname

I can confirm 1.4.8 is dangerous to use. I did a last test flight with the drone I'm selling and which flew fine when I just installed 1.4.8. When flying yesterday I just went 50 meters up and about 300 meters away. Suddenly my altitude, distance and speed indicator (as far as I could tell) froze. The only way to know how high I was, was through the video feed. Brought it down immediately and didn't fly again. MA2 is sold now so can't test anymore at the moment.
2021-8-11
Use props
Swhip
lvl.1

United States

I do auto download on iphone.  I am on 1.4.8 DJI Fly.  Now my flight distance is very limited.  I could fly for 2000 feet in same location now I am limited to 600’ to 1000’.  The video feed is jerky as well.  I cannot see the screen very well with brightness turned up to max.  The phone heats up.  Called support, they said send the drone and controller in but it worked fine on earlier release.  Is this a ploy to get me to upgrade controllers?  I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max.  Auto download for Fly app.  I saw the link for older versions.  Can one use this for iphone or is this link for android only?
2021-8-12
Use props
Swhip
lvl.1

United States

Does DJI read any of these posts?  
I have a DJI Mini2, 1.4.8 and latest firmware.  IOS phone 12 pro max 14.7.  
Issue, since 1.4.8:
Video feed is broken or freezes all the time.  I cannot fly more than 1000 feet and loose signal (anywhere).  What happened to 10k?  My display brightness goes very dim.  My phone heats up now; I do not charge phone.  Called support, they want me to send in the controller and drone to have a look.  It worked fine before.  Because I use iPhone I cannot revert to previous release.  I am reluctant to send in.  Support said there is a one month turnaround.  What now?  I am afraid to fly the drone.  
2021-8-12
Use props
Adrock318
lvl.1
United States

For anyone having issues with the app version 1.4.8(1120) on Android, DJI sent me a new beta version of 1.4.8(1185) that I've been testing out today. So far it seems very solid. None of the issues I was having with build 1120 are present. No app crashes, master shots, quick shots, and hyperlapse all worked normally. Also had zero issues with subject selection for active track. No video breakup, black screens and no disconnects from the drone. I have created a link here for anyone wanting to test it out. It would be a good idea to report back to DJI support about your experience with it. I think they are getting close to releasing it as long as the feedback is positive. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4h3hmb6kmc/1627872707034-dji-v1.4.8-210801-1185-48348-official-sec.apk?dl=0
2021-8-14
Use props
djiuser_INLb85qKiCMZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281020 ft
Greece

Adrock318 Posted at 8-14 17:23
For anyone having issues with the app version 1.4.8(1120) on Android, DJI sent me a new beta version of 1.4.8(1185) that I've been testing out today. So far it seems very solid. None of the issues I was having with build 1120 are present. No app crashes, master shots, quick shots, and hyperlapse all worked normally. Also had zero issues with subject selection for active track. No video breakup, black screens and no disconnects from the drone. I have created a link here for anyone wanting to test it out. It would be a good idea to report back to DJI support about your experience with it. I think they are getting close to releasing it as long as the feedback is positive. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4h3hmb6kmc/1627872707034-dji-v1.4.8-210801-1185-48348-official-sec.apk?dl=0

Just installed I hops everything it's ok
2021-8-14
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

NetRanger Posted at 7-22 10:21
I went back to DJI Fly App version 1.4.4. It seems OK! But I can't figure out why the right line on APAS icon is missing! Picture attached! Drone is MA2.  I am using Android!

I have the same. Have you solved the mystery of the disappearing line?
2021-8-15
Use props
sibers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 560003 ft
South Africa

I'm seeing less and less support from DJI for this product and its bothering me to no end. The app is dangerous and poses a legal liability for me if I exceed flight heights if the readouts freeze, which they do.
spares in my country for this product are not available and have to rely on over priced third party imports. Sadly I will not be purchasing a DJI product to replace my drone once it has ceased to function.  
2021-8-17
Use props
scorpio3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281020 ft
Greece

this is unacceptable for a month
2021-8-18
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

I don't really know why some have problems with 1.4.8.
I have made several flights with the DJI Mavic Air 2 drone and two phones:

IPhone 8
Mi Note 10

The only thing I noticed are some very light lags while the drone flies but they happened even before, with the last version.
This may mean that on some smartphones there is some conflict, which can be CPU, memory or some app installed on it.
I use the iPhone8 only for the drone, while I use the Mi Note 10 also for work and video editing. While flying the drone, I close all background apps.

CORRECTION: see my last message. Tested a procedure that freezes the app.
2021-8-18
Use props
delboyuk2508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161804 ft
United Kingdom

I have had the same issues as everyone else, tried with 3 differnt phones, 1 brand new and have rolled all the phones back to 1.4.4 (1172) until DJI bring out a proper update to 1.4.8 I even tried out the new BETA version of 1.4.8  (1185) but still had problems.

I would recommend that you all roll back to 1.4.4 (1172).

Cheers

Derek
2021-8-20
Use props
djiuser_SoCg48edwJ3q
New

Sweden

Have a samsung s20, had same issues with the fly app flying a mini 2, gui stuff freezing, app hanging 3-10 times per flight. It is basically broken. It works when i revert to 1.4.4 no issues, also notice much lower gui latency on menus. There is a log file with a stacktrace mentioning some widget error. Front end stuff can be tricky with all the android and ios versions, but until there is an official new version to solve the android issues im staying on 1.4.4 fly app. Would love to hear from support about it.
2021-8-27
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

S.T. Posted at 8-2 00:18
Did you noticed ?

I can confirm it. Tested 3 times and all the 3 times the app freezed doing this:

Video recording for some minute 1080 60 fps HDR
switched to photo, selected smart type, done some photo
switched to video recording again
switched to photo, selected smart type, done some photo
Freeze.

Smartphone Xiaomi  Mi Note 10
2021-8-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules