1478 8 2021-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suhartiman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1380404 ft
Indonesia

Hello.

when flying for a few minutes, the warning "compass error, move aircraft or calibrate compass" always appears.
if you check the compass indicator it shows Compass2: Disconnected

will return to normal after landing and restarting the aircraft.

I've tried refreshing the firmware.
IMU calibration > Senor > compass,

Thanks for help
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the aircraft experienced a hard landing? Could you please provide us a sample screenshot showing the error message for better assistance? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-5
Use props
Suhartiman
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-5 19:17
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the aircraft experienced a hard landing? Could you please provide us a sample screenshot showing the error message for better assistance? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Thanks Paladin.

my aircraft never crashed or hard landing, all is well.

the error message appears suddenly.

actually we have brought the drone to DJI Service but the technician said there was no hardware error, they also did a flight test with the drone, and there was no any error.

After a month of using it at my work location, the compass error message reappeared in front of me, and showing continue even though i changed location.

I can't give screenshots now, because in the next monday i use our aircraft again.
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Suhartiman Posted at 7-5 23:05
Thanks Paladin.

Thank you for keeping us posted. In this case, kindly please re-calibrate the compass of the unit in an open space away from any metals or any possible interference. You may also try to update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 software after you perform the re-calibration and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Suhartiman Posted at 7-5 23:05
Thanks Paladin.

Usually that message means you have taken off from a place that contains iron or steel and has affected the compass. That's why the message contains the phrase "move aircraft". Are you taking off from a concrete path or similar?
2021-7-6
Use props
Suhartiman
lvl.2
Indonesia

Geebax Posted at 7-6 14:47
Usually that message means you have taken off from a place that contains iron or steel and has affected the compass. That's why the message contains the phrase "move aircraft". Are you taking off from a concrete path or similar?

no, I don't fly over metal or magnets.  I fly off the ground.  it happens in other areas that are free of metal and magnetism, but it's the same.

I attached the imu indicator when the error came and it returned to normal after I restarted the aircraft.

Thanks for your help
Screenshot_20210712-162852.jpg
Screenshot_20210712-162856.jpg
Screenshot_20210712-163706.jpg
Screenshot_20210712-163647.jpg
2021-7-12
Use props
Suhartiman
lvl.2
Indonesia

Geebax Posted at 7-6 14:47

no, I don't fly over metal or magnets.  I fly off the ground.  it happens in other areas that are free of metal and magnetism, but it's the same.

Thanks for your help
Screenshot_20210712-162856.jpg
2021-7-12
Use props
Suhartiman
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-6 00:59
Thank you for keeping us posted. In this case, kindly please re-calibrate the compass of the unit in an open space away from any metals or any possible interference. You may also try to update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 software after you perform the re-calibration and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I cant downgrade firmware, because that option not show in dji assistant. already refresh firmware.

I move to another place. In the mountain i flight. But same.
2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Suhartiman Posted at 7-12 07:09
I cant downgrade firmware, because that option not show in dji assistant. already refresh firmware.

I move to another place. In the mountain i flight. But same.

Hi, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules