Video sub menu and compass missing Mini 2
1324 9 2021-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richsub
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi, having recently started using my new DJI Mini 2 and having viewed many video tutorials, I have noticed that my device does not have a sub menu on the side when I click on video (as shown on this picture). It shows a sub menu for photos (Single, AEB and Timed Shot), but nothing for the video.
Also, the compass at the centre bottom of the screen is also missing.

I have tried reinstalling the App, but the problem persists. Is there a setting I have missed?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mini 2.jpg
2021-7-5
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

I am not familiar enough withthe app to say whether there is anything missing in the video menu.
But for the compress... press the little map and it will appear. I believe that in 1.4.8 the compass appears by default, but for other versions you have to press the little map icon to bring it up manually.

Edit. Hang on.. your compass is in the middle.. this is a really old version...upgrade.
2021-7-5
Use props
richsub
lvl.1
Switzerland

jweaver Posted at 7-5 23:56
I am not familiar enough withthe app to say whether there is anything missing in the video menu.
But for the compress... press the little map and it will appear. I believe that in 1.4.8 the compass appears by default, but for other versions you have to press the little map icon to bring it up manually.

Thanks for the reply. I have the 1.4.8 version and the compass is now on the map so all ok.

My main question is about the video sub menu as it does not appear on my app. Thanks
2021-7-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Also, kindly please update your DJI Fly app to the latest version and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-6
Use props
richsub
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-6 00:56
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Also, kindly please update your DJI Fly app to the latest version and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi, I am using the Samsung A50 and have the latest DJI Fly app installed v1.4.8
2021-7-6
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

richsub Posted at 7-6 00:55
Thanks for the reply. I have the 1.4.8 version and the compass is now on the map so all ok.

My main question is about the video sub menu as it does not appear on my app. Thanks

My main question is about the video sub menu as it does not appear on my app.

The menus shown in your original screenshot have now moved to the bottom right of the display, so tapping on the '1080P 30' will bring up a horizontal set of options. Likewise, tapping on the EV just to the right of it will bring up a set of options for that as well.

You've already noticed that the compass has moved, but the AE lock option has also disappeared, and is no longer obvious to what state it is in. Go to YouTube and search for 'dji mini 2 ae lock' and you'll see several videos explaining it.
2021-7-6
Use props
richsub
lvl.1
Switzerland

steamship Posted at 7-6 05:07
My main question is about the video sub menu as it does not appear on my app.

The menus shown in your original screenshot have now moved to the bottom right of the display, so tapping on the '1080P 30' will bring up a horizontal set of options. Likewise, tapping on the EV just to the right of it will bring up a set of options for that as well.

Great many thanks steamship. You have explained it now. All these changes all the time are crazy!
2021-7-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

richsub Posted at 7-6 01:19
Hi, I am using the Samsung A50 and have the latest DJI Fly app installed v1.4.8

We're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue by the suggestion of our fellow DJI Pilot here steamship. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2021-7-8
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

The point of this change does not make sense to me ... What should this bring the user - except that it is more difficult to recognize the status, to call up the functions (especially on small mobile phone displays)? Perhaps Asians have smaller hands and fingers and are easier to operate than we Europeans with our paws ...
2021-7-8
Use props
richsub
lvl.1
Switzerland

ozoffi Posted at 7-8 22:39
The point of this change does not make sense to me ... What should this bring the user - except that it is more difficult to recognize the status, to call up the functions (especially on small mobile phone displays)? Perhaps Asians have smaller hands and fingers and are easier to operate than we Europeans with our paws ...

Fully agreed, it looks so much easier when it was in the photo/video menu then having to click at the bottom of the screen. Bring it back!
2021-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules