List of phone with wide angle support
3351 7 2021-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mathlau
New

Belgium

Hello,

I just bought a Osmo Mobile 3 and I saw that the Mimo app doesn't support all the cameras from my phone (OnePlus Nord with Snapdragon 765G + 12gb Ram + 48MP OIS + 8 Wide angle + 5 + 2) - Android 11

The zoom starts at 1 and cannot be reduced.

Do you have a list of phone that support the wide angle? Is is only for Iphones?
Is is a way to enable it on my phone?

Thank you.
2021-7-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. All cameras on an iOS device can be selected, based on the user's needs. However, as the compatibility of Android phones vary, DJI Mimo cannot access all cameras of an Android phone. Kindly please refer to the recommended mobile device for your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 using the link below. Thank you for your support!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _List_en_0526_1.pdf
2021-7-6
Use props
Mathlau
New

Belgium

Hello,

Thank you for this quick answer but your file doesn't show the compatibility with wide angle lenses.
Just that sentence : "When using the ultra wide camera on some mobile phones (such as iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro), the live view may be slightly blocked by the roll motor. In that case, move the ..."

I would like to know the full list and not just these 2 examples.

Thank you.
2021-7-6
Use props
Artur81
lvl.2
Hungary

Funny when people speak about wide angle and even normal angle view in the case of small cameras and mobiles, when even in 2021, only the bigger Sony Canon Panasonic professional and semi professional videocameras have such good quality lenses , which can provide picture without lens torsion at the edges of the picture.

You can test it with filming or photograhing a square booklet
2021-7-6
Use props
Mathlau
New

Belgium

Artur81 Posted at 7-6 01:16
Funny when people speak about wide angle and even normal angle view in the case of small cameras and mobiles, when even in 2021, only the bigger Sony Canon Panasonic professional and semi professional videocameras have such good quality lenses , which can provide picture without lens torsion at the edges of the picture.

You can test it with filming or photograhing a square booklet

Yes I'm well aware of the distortion and the erroneous proportions when using the wide angle lens of my phone or even Canon camera.

It can be useful to use the wide angle lens for some reveal shots.
2021-7-6
Use props
Artur81
lvl.2
Hungary

I speak about the standard built-in lenses of the best mobile phones and smaller action cam manufacturers. All suffer from lens torsion at the edges. I have no such problem with the built-in lens systems of 1000+ Dollar category of Canon Sony Panasonic or JVC camcorders.
2021-7-6
Use props
Mathlau
New

Belgium

Artur81 Posted at 7-6 04:37
I speak about the standard built-in lenses of the best mobile phones and smaller action cam manufacturers. All suffer from lens torsion at the edges. I have no such problem with the built-in lens systems of 1000+ Dollar category of Canon Sony Panasonic or JVC camcorders.

yes of course, but you don't buy Osmo mobile for these kind of cameras ;)
We will need to change my wife's phone and I would prefer to have one fully supported.

So if people have a phone which is working with the wide angle in the DJI Mimo App, thanks for letting me know.
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_IYXos7sQjV8I
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-7-6 00:53
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. All cameras on an iOS device can be selected, based on the user's needs. However, as the compatibility of Android phones vary, DJI Mimo cannot access all cameras of an Android phone. Kindly please refer to the recommended mobile device for your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 using the link below. Thank you for your support!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0526_1.pdf

Did you ever find out if you can use wide angle on Android phones?
2022-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules