App version 1.4.8 broken on Android
1428 12 2021-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adrock318
lvl.1
United States

I'm flying an Air 2S and since the latest DJI Fly update, I am having a lot of trouble with the app. First I noticed is when I try to draw a box around a subject to use active track, or POI the box doesn't show up on the screen nor does the active track menu. Apparently the subject lock still does actually occur but you don't see it and since the green box with the "x" isn't on screen, there is no way to cancel out if it aside from force quitting the app mid flight. I've also has issues with "buttons" on the touch screen becoming non responsive and not being able to record/stop, select camera modes, etc. Last night during a sunset hyperlapse, the app just stopped responding at all. The drone was still completing the task, but the app camera image stopped updating, the countdown timer stopped, and the whole app was pretty much frozen and I had no idea of what was happening with the drone. Once again I had to force quit and re-open the app to regain control.
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_J1qlj6i2WWVR
New
Flight distance : 1166125 ft
Brazil

I have the same problem, i have a mini 2 with a samsung s10e.
2021-7-8
Use props
fans8d9499c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Hi guys,
i am looking to upgrade my phone to S21 ultra ,should i go ahead or wait? i am using Android forever and i do not wanna go to IOS ,because of incompatibility issue with DJI Fly app. I really apreciate your opinion.

Thanks,
George
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_yILEoDr26Syy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 412162 ft
United States

Please help app keeps crashing while flying. Unbale to switch from video to photos. Setting not reponding when in flight. Have to keep restarting app. I have the samsung s21 ultra 512gb app is not good 1.4.8. Un able to use my drone rjght now. Mavic air 2
2021-7-19
Use props
Adrock318
lvl.1
United States

fans8d9499c7 Posted at 7-9 09:25
Hi guys,
i am looking to upgrade my phone to S21 ultra ,should i go ahead or wait? i am using Android forever and i do not wanna go to IOS ,because of incompatibility issue with DJI Fly app. I really apreciate your opinion.

The Ultra is an amazing phone. Don't let its incompatibility with one app deter you from purchasing it. Just downgrade to version 1.4.4. I've had zero issues with my S21 Ultra with this version of the app. I've expressed my disappointment to DJI over the past few weeks and they have promised that they are working on making the official version of the app compatible with the Ultra. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-4-4-release/
2021-7-20
Use props
Adrock318
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_yILEoDr26Syy Posted at 7-19 09:15
Please help app keeps crashing while flying. Unbale to switch from video to photos. Setting not reponding when in flight. Have to keep restarting app. I have the samsung s21 ultra 512gb app is not good 1.4.8. Un able to use my drone rjght now. Mavic air 2

1.4.8 is crap with the Ultra. Downgrade to version 1.4.4. I've had zero issues with it.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-4-4-release/
2021-7-20
Use props
fans8d9499c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Adrock318 Posted at 7-20 05:48
1.4.8 is crap with the Ultra. Downgrade to version 1.4.4. I've had zero issues with it.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-4-4-release/

I had stattery video feed and in general the aircraft was not responding well with S21 ultra and AIR2S ,fly app 1.4.4. We need and official support of the phone asap. I recently bought the S21 ultra and i am flying with my old S8!
I cant believe it! And in general 1.4.8 was better in the video feed ,but i lost connection to the aircraft multiple times using S8 ,witch was a first i must say. Not normal to lose the aircraft at a distance of less than 100m!
2021-7-21
Use props
djiuser_P7xloteGpDJg
New

Australia

Hey Guys, I recently bought air 2s and it wasn't connecting to my huwaei phone. Can you recommend a phone that supports the newer version of the dji fly app for air 2s?
Had to try it on my friend's phone which was a samsung and it worked fine on it.
2021-8-31
Use props
Adrock318
lvl.1
United States

Try this version of the app.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4h3hmb6kmc/1627872707034-DJI-v1.4.8-210801-1185-48348-official-sec.apk?dl=0
2021-9-1
Use props
djiuser_jN3LaBnINO9t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9161358 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8d9499c7 Posted at 7-9 09:25
Hi guys,

Hello.  I fly my air 2s and mini 2 with the s21 ultra.  amazing phone! And have no problems at all. I know is not listed in dji compatibility phone list but it works very well or perfectly. Plus not to say that that phone is the best camera phone out there. Just got the new z fold 3 foldable phone and it doesn't compare to the s21 ultra ( camera wise). Good luck
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_jN3LaBnINO9t
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_yILEoDr26Syy Posted at 7-19 09:15

Sounds to me like some incompatibility with your phone. I've heard many similar cases with the s21 ultra and the dji fly app. But personally i fly with the s21 ultra and dji fly app and no problems at all except that it won't let me sceen record while recording with the drone at the same time. Try any other Android phone to see if the problem persist.  Also you can download the new fly app version on the dji page. Good luck
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_jN3LaBnINO9t
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans8d9499c7 Posted at 7-21 12:26
I had stattery video feed and in general the aircraft was not responding well with S21 ultra and AIR2S ,fly app 1.4.4. We need and official support of the phone asap. I recently bought the S21 ultra and i am flying with my old S8!
I cant believe it! And in general 1.4.8 was better in the video feed ,but i lost connection to the aircraft multiple times using S8 ,witch was a first i must say. Not normal to lose the aircraft at a distance of less than 100m!

Have you tried the new version yet? 1.4.12 im flying with the s21 ultra and have no problems; but I've heard some incompatibility issues in some ultras but not in my case. Good luck
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_jN3LaBnINO9t
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_P7xloteGpDJg Posted at 8-31 20:06
Hey Guys, I recently bought air 2s and it wasn't connecting to my huwaei phone. Can you recommend a phone that supports the newer version of the dji fly app for air 2s?
Had to try it on my friend's phone which was a samsung and it worked fine on it.
Pretty much any android phone that supports 64bit. List of compatibility phones are on the dji web page. Good luck  and of course,  the app isn't on the play store,  you have to download it from the dji web page itself...
2021-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules