Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to fly indoors
951 11 2021-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wgander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195853 ft
United States

How to fly Spark indoors? It won't take off because there's no GPS signal. What can I chanage to allow takeoff for indoors flight (in my home)?
2021-7-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Wgander. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Please be careful while flying indoors as the DJI Spark stabilization feature may experience interference and might affect the said DJI drone. If you really need to fly indoors kindly please use a DJI Spark Propeller Guard. The DJI Spark Propeller Guard protects the propellers and other objects from damage. Just a reminder that when the said drone's GPS is weak, the vision system is activated automatically when the drone is turns on. No further action is required. The vision system can be used in indoor environment where GPS is unavailable. Using the Vision System, the drone can hover precisely, even without GPS. Thank you.

2021-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It can be done, I have done it without issues a couple of times.
The only issue is that GPS could confuse the drone if you get one or two satellites and it can decide to fly away.
Best way would be to include prop guards if you have them.
2021-7-7
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
United States

I plan on using prop guards. BUT, how can I  fly? DJI says no GPS and won't allow me to take off.
2021-7-7
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-6 20:58
Hello there Wgander. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Please be careful while flying indoors as the DJI Spark stabilization feature may experience interference and might affect the said DJI drone. If you really need to fly indoors kindly please use a DJI Spark Propeller Guard. The DJI Spark Propeller Guard protects the propellers and other objects from damage. Just a reminder that when the said drone's GPS is weak, the vision system is activated automatically when the drone is turns on. No further action is required. The vision system can be used in indoor environment where GPS is unavailable. Using the Vision System, the drone can hover precisely, even without GPS. Thank you.

[view_image]

I plan on using prop guards. BUT, how can I fly? DJI says no GPS and won't allow me to take off.
2021-7-7
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Isn't there an option to disable GPS?
2021-7-10
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wgander Posted at 7-7 00:21
I plan on using prop guards. BUT, how can I fly? DJI says no GPS and won't allow me to take off.

Yeah, prop guards would be good
2021-7-10
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-10 13:36
Yeah, prop guards would be good

OK, enough about prop guards. How can I fly (indoors or out) when DJI Go says no GPS and won't let me take off?
2021-7-10
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-10 13:36
Isn't there an option to disable GPS?

That's what I've been asking!
2021-7-10
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wgander Posted at 7-10 13:43
That's what I've been asking!

I'm fairly new to DJI, have you tried contacting DJI Customer Support? They might be able to help
2021-7-10
Use props
Wgander
lvl.2
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-10 13:49
I'm fairly new to DJI, have you tried contacting DJI Customer Support? They might be able to help

Not yet. I thought they monitored the forums.
2021-7-10
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wgander Posted at 7-10 14:02
Not yet. I thought they monitored the forums.

They only monitor forums to keep them clean and relevant
2021-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules