DJI FPV & Reverse Pitch in Mode Manual (Acro)
5674 14 2021-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zero13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401086 ft
Spain

Hello everybody!,

I got used to flying in Manual Mode (Acro) with the right stick in Mode 2 and with the Pitch reversed, this is:

Lever up = Climb Nose Aircraft
Lever down = Low Nose Aircraft

Is there a way to be able to configure this mode?
In FPV and Taranas / Radiomaster stations it is relatively easy to reverse it.

Any ideas?

I appreciate any comments.

Thanks!
2021-7-7
Use props
caZZper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2762 ft
Germany

I Hope DJI will fix the issue with Next Firmware
But i have doubts
2021-7-10
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That is indeed reversed. Why would you want it that way? is this a bug in Manual mode? I haven't flown mine in Manual yet. We are in Lockdown here in Sydney and can't get to the club fields. This would be a PITA. Just as well I fly mode 1 I guess. Is it also reversed in normal and sports mode after you converted to mode 2?
2021-7-16
Use props
roviraleix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272982 ft
Spain

No updates on this? I can not fly the drone in Manual Mode like this, It is a feature that every FPV has! It is described in the Manual but not existing in the drone, is this a joke?
It should be an easy firmware update but DJI give no answer when writing to the customer support!
2021-7-28
Use props
Unused
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

That’s like asking can I change the brake forward and reverse on my car to the opposite.  Acro mode in a sense is like mapped how a plane behaves in real life; can you imagine jet liners when they say pull up they grab the wheel and pull back?   Same with the drone
2021-7-28
Use props
roviraleix
lvl.2
Spain

Unused Posted at 7-28 09:26
That’s like asking can I change the brake forward and reverse on my car to the opposite.  Acro mode in a sense is like mapped how a plane behaves in real life; can you imagine jet liners when they say pull up they grab the wheel and pull back?   Same with the drone

yeah sure, then Mode 1, and Mode 3 should not exist?.

I'm just saying it is not correct to describe a function in your Product Manual that does not exist, and the customer realises about that after spending 1500€/$ !
2021-7-28
Use props
caZZper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2762 ft
Germany

Unused Posted at 7-28 09:26
That’s like asking can I change the brake forward and reverse on my car to the opposite.  Acro mode in a sense is like mapped how a plane behaves in real life; can you imagine jet liners when they say pull up they grab the wheel and pull back?   Same with the drone

sorry but - NO!
A car is not comparable to a drone like that.
Its more like beeing forced to drive on the other lane of the road.
It is possibler but you need to focus the whole time and everytime something unexpected happens or just at the next corner your brain starts to go to autopilot and suddenly you are a ghostrider.

I am a IT GUY myself, and it would be EASY to just add a Checkbox  with invert X/Y axis on stick 1/2.
Others DJI drones allow it with mode 3 - but only with the IOS version.
The android is not able to change the settings.
Shows you how good the Android App support is, when the box on the outside says - made for iphone.
I changed to another drone system with a radiomaster - thats real open source - 110% customizeable every part of the radio how you like it - or more then you will ever need.

The downside of the my system, not nooby friendly - zero obstacle sensors - no onboard SD record & worse image quality.
So i also bought a mavic air2 for filming really smooth in 4K and also with reverted pitch in mode3.

Its more money spent, but now i have the right drone for every dedicated usage, that DJI FPV feels like a hybrid trying to be stuff it cannot be.
2021-8-7
Use props
roviraleix
lvl.2
Spain

I hope dji will fix this issue in firmware 1.03.. Otherwise many people will sell their dji fpv drones..
2021-9-12
Use props
Ariebaas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348251 ft
Netherlands

I’m total degree wirh all the comment. Gif us a update for the custom stick mode. Do it as soon as possible DJI. Why some drone we can changes every stick arrangment and the other not. Stupide. I do not understand
2022-1-1
Use props
roviraleix
lvl.2
Spain

I'm already selling my dji fpv drone and going to get a normal Fpv.

DJI has a good drone and a good concept but with an unfinished software and an awful support..
2022-1-6
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

It sure seems like this should be too hard of an option to include in the software. If anyone is adventurous enough to try to modify the hardware, I've read of several people who have successfully flipped an axis by flipping the magnet inside the controller. Here's a link to a thread on this topic.
2022-2-13
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I Hope DJI will fix the issue with Next Firmware But i have doubts
2022-2-13
Use props
notquitemax
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

Unused Posted at 2021-7-28 09:26

You controller purists annoy me beyond belief. Yes, if I've learned to drive a car with reversed controls for 20 years, I will prefer my car to work like I've been used to for 20 years
2022-9-8
Use props
C.Calabrese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 590013 ft
United States

I've started a petition for them to change this. I encourage everyone on this thread to sign and spread this. It's a simple software fix to allow this functionality, and ridiculous they're withholding this from their paying customers. A petition worked for Cine Mode (allegedly), let's force them to pay attention to a large subset of their customers.

https://chng.it/GZQR55tdvV
2022-9-21
Use props
fans6df3403e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 390623 ft
United States

After years of complains all around the forum and no change at all.
I did return my DJI FPV drone because of this.

MODE 2 - reverse Pitch control;
Lever up = Nose DOWN
Lever down = Nose UP

and after years i thought i should give a chance one more time.
after firmware backward compatibility i did get DJI Goggle 2 and Controller 2 for my Air Unit and Vista drone builds.
I updated all the firmware and noticed that DJI controller 2 doesn't have any option to change the Pitch Reverse settings.
I said that's fine, I will use my DJI Controller v1 (the black one) well funny part is. After you update your firmware to use google 2 your controller v1 is no longer compatible
im giving a try on RX settings via Betaflight and hopefully it will work....
2023-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules