123Next >
34122 89 2021-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EagleHigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326325 ft
Belgium

A question, maybe someone knows a quick answer to this. When I am filming with Pocket2 someone in front of me and I want to turn the camera quickly around, so it will show my face, i.e., for YT vlogging to add my comment. I do 3x press the little button, so the camera automatically turns around to face me, but then the screen flips the picture left for right etc.

Is there a way to change the setting, so it does not do this?

In my opinion, this is not natural to have that flipping in the middle of the scene, don't you think?
2021-7-17
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got mine this week. It's my first Pocket 2, so as proud owner of the original Pocket, I really love the quality of life improvements. I hate that you can't do 60p d-cinelike with the do-it-all handle, but maybe that'll be something to look forward to in a version 3.

I should've looked up what Sunset White actually looks like. The Promo images just look white on my laptop display, but the actual color is more pink than I was expecting. I don't hate it by any means, it is just an adjustment to get used to. It takes a true man to use a mildly pink camera out in public, haha.
2021-7-17
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

2021-7-17
Use props
djiuser_p7T31aeCDMNA
New
Switzerland

Major upgrade???

I just bought black version 10 days back!!! How it is even fair?????   @dji
2021-7-19
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_p7T31aeCDMNA Posted at 7-19 13:30
Major upgrade???

I just bought black version 10 days back!!! How it is even fair?????   @dji

The black and white versions are the same.  You could always spray your black one white
2021-7-19
Use props
Westameme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56657 ft
United States

John Walker Posted at 7-8 02:11
"A lot has changed since we released the Pocket 2 last fall, with big enhancements on autofocus, added HDR Video, better tracking and more."

Why haven't existing owners had these updates?

I'd imagine it's either a new chipset that allows better processing or they've locked it to incentivize the purchase of the newer model
2021-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Coris Posted at 7-8 05:47
Because it seems to me, DJI has chosen a tricky way here. They made some necessary hardware upgrades, they called the new device the same Pocket 2, and they have painted it in white...
Well, mainly a speculation, because we do not know yet how this white version may function, if indeed it not have the black version issues, and it may be or not another upgraded firmware as well for this white model...
In my opinion, Pocket 2 black it has reached its capability to be improved by firmware upgrades. This model it suffer for hardware limitations (processor), and it will most likely, remain so as it is, with the last firmware as it is as well... And the customers who have bought it, will regret their investment forever.

All updates were applied to P2 many weeks ago and although HDR is not perfect on P2 , I certainly didn’t regret buying it and mine is not under powered . Its an incredible portable video camera living up to its pocket name. Whether there will or not be further improvement made through software or hardware I’m quite happy with P2 and it lives up to my expectation.
2021-7-23
Use props
djiuser_BesfCMB4M2kp
New

United Kingdom

WOW ! thx  bro!
2021-7-23
Use props
katnip095
New

Ireland

will it be possible to buy the other accessories for this in white?
2021-7-26
Use props
djiuser_7LUhifKd1Twg
New
Spain

Hi! How can I start a new post? Thank you
2021-7-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_7LUhifKd1Twg Posted at 7-28 11:42
Hi! How can I start a new post? Thank you

When you are signed in to the DJI Forums and are in the screen that shows the list of threads, there should be a link in the upper right corner on the screen (if you are using a PC) that has a picture of a pen and says "New thread". Click on it to start a new thread and make the first post for it.
2021-7-28
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 7-23 09:54
All updates were applied to P2 many weeks ago and although HDR is not perfect on P2 , I certainly didn’t regret buying it and mine is not under powered . Its an incredible portable video camera living up to its pocket name. Whether there will or not be further improvement made through software or hardware I’m quite happy with P2 and it lives up to my expectation.

"All updates were applied to P2 many weeks ago and although HDR is not perfect on P2 , I certainly didn’t regret buying it and mine is not under powered . Its an incredible portable video camera living up to its pocket name. Whether there will or not be further improvement made through software or hardware I’m quite happy with P2 and it lives up to my expectation."  

So, you are saying that your unit does not have a heating problem, a tracking problem, an sd card problem that from time to time keeps saying that the card wont work, or several others problems we see on this forum? Was it your expectation to have a camera that tracks but with the tracking part not really working right?
2021-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

alexmbraMav Posted at 7-30 18:07
"All updates were applied to P2 many weeks ago and although HDR is not perfect on P2 , I certainly didn’t regret buying it and mine is not under powered . Its an incredible portable video camera living up to its pocket name. Whether there will or not be further improvement made through software or hardware I’m quite happy with P2 and it lives up to my expectation."  

So, you are saying that your unit does not have a heating problem, a tracking problem, an sd card problem that from time to time keeps saying that the card wont work, or several others problems we see on this forum? Was it your expectation to have a camera that tracks but with the tracking part not really working right?

Yes I’m saying all above P2 is probably the best camera in its class full stop… anyone who complains has a problem with their camera or knows ...….....
2021-7-30
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 7-30 18:28
Yes I’m saying all above P2 is probably the best camera in its class full stop… anyone who complains has a problem with their camera or knows ...….....

Really? Please, record a video showing how tracking is working for you. I think everyone here would like to see that.
2021-7-31
Use props
djiuser_Gk90GtwrbD6X
New

United States

Warmest Greetings everyone
We are delighted that your life journey has led you to the discovery of our Elite Prestigious organization.
Welcome to the Great illuminati Empire. Join and become rich and famous. Are you seeking for wisdom and knowledge? Are you a business Owner, Pastor,Politician,Musician, Doctor, Footballer,Swimmer, Golfer or an Individual?
Do you want to be a famous artist or an actor, and you want to be rich, powerful and famous in the world?
Be part of the World’s biggest society and reach the peak of your career and goals.
Become a member today and receive the sum of $1,000,000 USD , with a car initially.
This intention, is to build up your financial status as a newly recruited member, so you can live comfortably.
If interested in joining, give us a massage on WhatsApp ‪ +1 (646) 328-7046 ‬or Hangout illuminatifathernelson@gmail.com for more information and explanations about joining....
Interested minds only.
Best regards
ILLUMINATI  EMPIRE UNIT
2021-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

alexmbraMav Posted at 7-31 16:16
Really? Please, record a video showing how tracking is working for you. I think everyone here would like to see that.

It works fine for me, I certainly got what I paid for. If you want a professional camera and professional results you need to pay for it. AT has never been perfect but has improved since day one on both dji Cameras and drones and I expect it will continue to improve. “But you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear” always the same fools complaining that their purchase doesn’t operate like a professional camera.
2021-8-1
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I don't agree. Pocket 1 works a lot better in many cases than 2 like facetrack.

My OP2 was even changed core board by DJI and it did not fix it. Won't send it back anymore. Support even agreed it was not working as it should.

Advertised functions should work it is not about price and Pro things.
2021-8-1
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 8-1 03:09
It works fine for me, I certainly got what I paid for. If you want a professional camera and professional results you need to pay for it. AT has never been perfect but has improved since day one on both dji Cameras and drones and I expect it will continue to improve. “But you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear” always the same fools complaining that their purchase doesn’t operate like a professional camera.

"“But you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear” always the same fools complaining that their purchase doesn’t operate like a professional camera."

The only fool I see here is you, because you paid for a device that is not working right, and you say it is.
No, we don't want a professional camera, we want only a camera that do the things  DJI say it is supost to do. All the P2 features are supost to be working, not more or less working. Tracking for example. The camera is supost to track the subject, not track some times or stop tracking without nothing changing. At least, P2 needs to have the same tracking as OP1.
2021-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

alexmbraMav Posted at 8-1 15:22
"“But you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear” always the same fools complaining that their purchase doesn’t operate like a professional camera."

The only fool I see here is you, because you paid for a device that is not working right, and you say it is.

All cameras take photos but better cameras take better photos , thats a Fact, but you’ll find if you buy a Kodak you wont expect it to work as good as a hassleblad, but idiots like you do. My P2 tracks fine so I dont need mouthpieces like you to tell me otherwise. My Sd card is faultless My AT works and I don’t have an overheating problem. But I find every time I come to this platform the same idiots complaining tearing their hair out about anything they can whine about. Go check out your friend above hes made a career out of complaining about P1 and P2. Good day….
2021-8-2
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 8-2 02:36
All cameras take photos but better cameras take better photos , thats a Fact, but you’ll find if you buy a Kodak you wont expect it to work as good as a hassleblad, but idiots like you do. My P2 tracks fine so I dont need mouthpieces like you to tell me otherwise. My Sd card is faultless My AT works and I don’t have an overheating problem. But I find every time I come to this platform the same idiots complaining tearing their hair out about anything they can whine about. Go check out your friend above hes made a career out of complaining about P1 and P2. Good day….

"All cameras take photos but better cameras take better photos , thats a Fact, but you’ll find if you buy a Kodak you wont expect it to work as good as a hassleblad, but idiots like you do."

You can't be that dumb. How many times I have to say that is not about wanting more than what the P2 are suppost to do? How many times?  And  you are the only one right, and everyone else is wrong, right?
"My P2 tracks fine"  Prove it! Record a 30 minutes video tracking and post for us to see, without editing the video.  I'll bet you won't do it. Either you're afraid to admit you're wrong, or you know you can't prove what you say. I had already asked you to record a video and show us, but you ran away and pretended you didn't see it.
2021-8-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Namecalling ain't gonna make the discussion pleasant to anyone.

On one hand, everybody should have a right to their opinion on this subject, whether they are happy with the camera or not.

On the other hand, they are not complaining about the picture quality being not Hollywood standard nor the microphone recording not being at Dolby Atmos levels. Many have said the tracking is somewhat spotty, and DJI has not said the ActiveTrack is only working properly with certain requisites. If they advertise it works well, then the customer should have a right to expect a well-working tracking. It's not about whether that is a pro-spec or not.

Yet in the other hand, it might well be that Hallmark007's camera works just fine. We can't know for sure unless they or somebody else provide some kind of proof, but every time products are serially produced, there are ones that work just as planned and others that are, for some reason, not operating as expected.

I personally think that the camera has both it's strengths and weaknesses. For example, the gimbal stabilization works brilliantly most of the time, and I like the possibility to operate the device remotely, but I don't like that the mobile compatibility is as limited as it is (only certain phones supported), or that there occasionally is some overheating with the Do-It-All handle.

You don't have to agree with everybody, but should still have some respect towards others instead of calling them idiots. This applies to both sides of the argument.

I personally don't have much experience about the tracking, so it might well be that for some, it works just the way it should and for others, not that much. Can't say much more about it as of now.
2021-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

alexmbraMav Posted at 8-3 15:44
"All cameras take photos but better cameras take better photos , thats a Fact, but you’ll find if you buy a Kodak you wont expect it to work as good as a hassleblad, but idiots like you do."

You can't be that dumb. How many times I have to say that is not about wanting more than what the P2 are suppost to do? How many times?  And  you are the only one right, and everyone else is wrong, right?

There you go again trying to make liars of people. As I said my AT works fine for me, its what I expected and what I got. But one coincidence around here is the same people always with problems forever whining, maybe you should make the 30 minute video and lets see how bad it is. Although it will be interesting to see what it is your trying to track for 30 minutes…
2021-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HGDC84 Posted at 8-4 05:03
Namecalling ain't gonna make the discussion pleasant to anyone.

On one hand, everybody should have a right to their opinion on this subject, whether they are happy with the camera or not.

I think if I’m happy how my P2 tracks , then I don’t need to prove to anyone it does, but on the other hand if I have a reasonable problem then onus is on me to show this failing. There’s is nothing wrong with letting others know that you feel you got what you paid for. Regarding how good the tracking is. This is always going to be subjective , but having used tracking with dji products since orignal osmo and all dji drones, I can tell you that AT has improved over the years, has never been perfect has its limitations and I for one try to work within those limitations. There are now many other small pocket cameras to compare to, and its my belief that P2 will hold its own in its own category, and maybe better sensors will come along with P3 who knows…

Your right calling others idiots is uncalled for I apologize for this.
2021-8-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

hallmark007 Posted at 8-4 05:44
I think if I’m happy how my P2 tracks , then I don’t need to prove to anyone it does, but on the other hand if I have a reasonable problem then onus is on me to show this failing. There’s is nothing wrong with letting others know that you feel you got what you paid for. Regarding how good the tracking is. This is always going to be subjective , but having used tracking with dji products since orignal osmo and all dji drones, I can tell you that AT has improved over the years, has never been perfect has its limitations and I for one try to work within those limitations. There are now many other small pocket cameras to compare to, and its my belief that P2 will hold its own in its own category, and maybe better sensors will come along with P3 who knows…

Your right calling others idiots is uncalled for I apologize for this.

You are right in that you don't have any obligations per se to prove you are satisfied with your purchase, it's just that it could be more convincing to others to see your point. It also could provide useful information to others - if they see what you have or are doing differently with the tracking, they might find out a way to fix theirs.

You are also right in saying you have the full right to say that your camera serves your purposes just the way you want. We have different use scenarios and expectations, and expressing yours is perfectly allright.

Also, to me, being able to apologize when one has mistaken or done something they shouldn't have is a sign of a genuinely good guy.
2021-8-4
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

I have sent my Pocket 2 to DJI and it got Core Board replaced and the situation is the same. It is not working. Also HowToGuy, MarkusSenior, Roo'o Reviews in video "DJI Pocket 1 vs Pocket 2 - A Direct Comparison And Detailed Test" and others I don't remember channel names have done many comparisons about tracking and they have same problems. The worst is FaceTrack which starts jumping around and looses the face in no time. FaceTrack works with Pocket 1 and it can still record over 1 hour without loosing the face. I never sold Pocket 1 I'm still using it.

So it is not about "same idiots whining on the board". For me it is just "customer rights" and "advertised features".

Overall Pocket 2 is excellent camera and can't compare others even close with that price, quality, stabilization and accessories. I highly recommend it for everybody. It is the king of its kind. I still use it nearly daily even if I'm idiot here.

Plus with my friend.. tracking not working.

Nothing else with this topic. Have fun with excellent technology
2021-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aavalaakso Posted at 8-4 07:35
I have sent my Pocket 2 to DJI and it got Core Board replaced and the situation is the same. It is not working. Also HowToGuy, MarkusSenior, Roo'o Reviews in video "DJI Pocket 1 vs Pocket 2 - A Direct Comparison And Detailed Test" and others I don't remember channel names have done many comparisons about tracking and they have same problems. The worst is FaceTrack which starts jumping around and looses the face in no time. FaceTrack works with Pocket 1 and it can still record over 1 hour without loosing the face. I never sold Pocket 1 I'm still using it.

So it is not about "same idiots whining on the board". For me it is just "customer rights" and "advertised features".

For every bad review you will see more reviews that are happy with AT . Go to 17.13 on the video and this guy is raving about AT.

2021-8-4
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Thank you I will check that. I hope he had latest firmware because problems got a lot worse when latest firmware arrived with those LRF files. Before that my Pocket 2 AT/FT was working a bit better.
For iPhonedo ActiveTrack worked too like a charm when DP2 was released.

With the latest firmware FaceTracking works like an angel but as soon as start recording it starts throttling. CPU is not enough and it is getting even worse when Pocket 2 gets some heat. Usually under 2 minutes I'm totally lost and Pocket 2 is pointing to the moon or floor.
2021-8-4
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 8-4 09:05
For every bad review you will see more reviews that are happy with AT . Go to 17.13 on the video and this guy is raving about AT.

https://youtu.be/_A27Gk9rWd8

"For every bad review you will see more reviews that are happy with AT . Go to 17.13 on the video and this guy is raving about ATFor every bad review you will see more reviews that are happy with AT . Go to 17.13 on the video and this guy is raving about AT"

Come on!  You know that we are talking about face tracking. And you come here and give us an example of the normal tracking for a few seconds.

But hey, just look:  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... m-vpnJ69rsFru_/view
2021-8-4
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Like that who said it actually got even worst with latest firmware.. Correct! 10 points and a parrot badge.
2021-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

alexmbraMav Posted at 8-4 19:04
"For every bad review you will see more reviews that are happy with AT . Go to 17.13 on the video and this guy is raving about ATFor every bad review you will see more reviews that are happy with AT . Go to 17.13 on the video and this guy is raving about AT"

Come on!  You know that we are talking about face tracking. And you come here and give us an example of the normal tracking for a few seconds.

And joy wanted me to post a “30 Minute “ Face tracking video, really and they say that most people turn off after 30 seconds of continuous vlogging, not sure exactly what it is your looking for here, are you shooting some strange illegal videos :+)…..
2021-8-5
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 8-5 08:08
And joy wanted me to post a “30 Minute “ Face tracking video, really and they say that most people turn off after 30 seconds of continuous vlogging, not sure exactly what it is your looking for here, are you shooting some strange illegal videos :+)…..

"are you shooting some strange illegal videos"

Like the ones you usually do? ;-)
2021-8-6
Use props
Ali Naseer
New

Singapore

I’m having a horizontal level issue with my Mimo4 when taking panoramic photos. I’m using iPhone 12 Pro. Photo and video mode no issues.
2021-8-7
Use props
Arghyadeep Das
New

India

Can i connect DJI osmo pocket with all C type usb android phone does all c type usb port android support it. Because i have Realme 7 pro..
2021-8-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Arghyadeep Das Posted at 8-8 12:32
Can i connect DJI osmo pocket with all C type usb android phone does all c type usb port android support it. Because i have Realme 7 pro..

Hello, Arghyadeep Das. Osmo Pocket can connect to Android Phone with a Type-c port. If your cable is standard and can be supported by the phone. Then, theoretically, the cable is applicable for the Osmo Pocket, too. As for the compatibility of some specific Phone models. Please see more details from our website. The compatibility list keeps updating. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/osmo-pocket
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-8-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Arghyadeep Das Posted at 8-8 12:32

I'll revise DJI Wanda's response a little.

The Osmo Pocket and Pocket 2 will NOT work with all phones and tablets that have a USB-C connection. First of all, it must be the correct version of the USB-C connection, for instance, the Pocket 2 requires USB-C version 2.0 or later.

Second, the phone must support the proper version of DJI Mimo app. Not all versions of Mimo support Pocket 2.

The safest bet is to check out the DJI Mimo's own website's official supported list. Some others may work, but not all. If you can't get a model mentioned on the Mimo list, try to find out elsewhere if there is a mention of the Pocket 2 working with the model you are considering before buying.
2021-8-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I did some ActiveTrack/FaceTrack testing today with my Pocket 2, and after testing it out, I think I kind of see both sides of the argument.

Tested on 1080p and 4K resolutions, varying from 30 to 60fps, using both High Quality and Battery Saver modes. Also alternating between Slow and Fast Follow setting and moving in different directions at different speeds. My results were a mixed bag.

I usually keep my resolutions at 1080p and 30fps, high quality mode enabled. For those and other tests at 1080p, I mostly found the tracking to be at least adequate, most of the time even good for my purposes.

However, at 4K the struggles really started to show up. There clearly were times where the tracking was delayed, jerky or lost me completely altogether. And the most "high-end" modes won't even let you use the tracking.

I guess it really is about your expectations. For me, 1080p is enough (I don't even have a 4K tv), and I think quite many on YouTube still stick to that resolution, and on those specs, I didn't find much to complain about tracking. However, those expecting fluid tracking on 4K are quite probably going to be disappointed.

My tests, of course, weren't perfect. I shot at quite short intervals (probably most likely max at 10 minutes straight or the like), and when trying to separately activate the FaceTrack without drawing the tracking rectangle on the tablet, I couldn't tell if I got it to work. Not even sure though if it should work without drawing the tracking rectangle. Anyone here knowing better?

Also, I was using the DIA handle and had a tablet and the wireless microphone connected. Not sure how leaving some or all of those out would affect the outcome.

I am kind of two-sided on this. For me, I am not too unhappy for the tracking, as I mostly stick to FHD resolutions. However, the advertising won't make the limitations clear, so I am not surprised if somebody expecting to use this mostly at 4K would turn out dissatisfied.
2021-8-13
Use props
SteveMedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7448 ft
United Kingdom

I have bought a black and a white and they are fantastic for hidden cameras at weddings.  I can only control one from MiMo and I don't have the choice of which one.  Is there any way or plans to update Mimo to control multiple Pocket 2's?  I would fill my boots and buy  loads of them
2021-8-20
Use props
SteveMedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7448 ft
United Kingdom

griffdude13 Posted at 7-9 13:14
My boss ordered me one as a thank you gift, It arrives on Monday, I'm super excited.

I find it a very good camera and the size is so usable.  
2021-8-20
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

HGDC84 Posted at 8-13 09:43
I did some ActiveTrack/FaceTrack testing today with my Pocket 2, and after testing it out, I think I kind of see both sides of the argument.

Tested on 1080p and 4K resolutions, varying from 30 to 60fps, using both High Quality and Battery Saver modes. Also alternating between Slow and Fast Follow setting and moving in different directions at different speeds. My results were a mixed bag.

They should disable face track for 4k for Pocket 2.

Pocket 1 can handle easily face track at 4k.
2021-8-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Aavalaakso Posted at 8-20 06:08
They should disable face track for 4k for Pocket 2.

Pocket 1 can handle easily face track at 4k.

Yeah, I sort of agree with you on this one. On one hand, if they had the possibility to make it better on 4K then they should, but if not, then it is better to not try to make it and get it half-hearted, causing disappointments.
2021-8-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules