Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Splashes Into Summer With The New Sunset White Pocket 2
123Next >
34086 89 2021-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

OP2_white_单机正面.jpg

Hey world, meet DJI Pocket 2 Sunset White. Named after those gorgeous summer sunsets, the new beautiful Sunset White color combines hues of pink and purple with crystal white just in time for the upcoming season. Pocket 2, launched last autumn as the second iteration of the popular Osmo Pocket, merges creative design and outstanding performance features so creators can easily vlog their everyday lives and create professional-level content. Weighing only 117g, the new Pocket 2 Sunset White fits perfectly in your summer shorts, beach bag or purse, and can capture up to 140 minutes of your summer adventures.

木质背景.jpg

A lot has changed since we released the Pocket 2 last fall, with big enhancements on autofocus, added HDR Video, better tracking and more. DJI Pocket 2 Sunset White is the perfect sidekick to handle this summer’s heat. Equipped with a 3-axis gimbal, 4K camera, large sensor, and wide lens, Pocket 2 Sunset White captures fantastic image quality in both photo and video modes compared to Osmo Pocket. The DJI Matrix Stereo system, which consists of four microphones that are strategically placed clear of a hand holding DJI Pocket 2, ensures footage sounds as great as it looks.

粉色房间02.jpg

Capturing and creating professional-level content has never been easier thanks to the camera’s intelligent pre-programmed modes such as Pro Mode, ActiveTrack 3.0, Slow Motion, Timelapse, Panorama and livestreaming. Simple to use and easy to understand, Pocket 2 Sunset White was built for those creators who want smoother footage than their smartphones offer or want to up the visual appeal of what they capture.

配件系列_03.jpg

The DJI Pocket 2 Sunset White Combo is available starting today from the store.dji.com and authorized retail partners. The Sunset White Combo includes a Pocket 2, Mini Control Stick, Cover, Do-It-All Handle, Smartphone Adapters, Power Cable, Wrist Strap and a Sling Strap for accessibility for the retail price of $479 USD. Additional details can be found here: https://store.dji.com/product/pocket-2.

2021-7-7
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Looks great in white!
2021-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

maddox Posted at 7-7 19:10
Looks great in white!

Hello there maddox. Good day and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries with the the new Sunset White DJI Pocket 2. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you and keep filming.
2021-7-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice in white!
2021-7-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's the white idea...  might help with cooling on a hot sunny day.
2021-7-8
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Looks great in white also, but what I heard it's only for China mostly
2021-7-8
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

"A lot has changed since we released the Pocket 2 last fall, with big enhancements on autofocus, added HDR Video, better tracking and more."  This was updated in the latest firmware.

2021-7-8
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

It looks cool!
2021-7-8
Use props
chainmon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

The white looks tight.
2021-7-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

John Walker Posted at 7-8 02:11
"A lot has changed since we released the Pocket 2 last fall, with big enhancements on autofocus, added HDR Video, better tracking and more."

Why haven't existing owners had these updates?

That's a great question.  
2021-7-8
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Norway

"A lot has changed since we released the Pocket 2 last fall, with big enhancements on autofocus, added HDR Video, better tracking and more."

Because it seems to me, DJI has chosen a tricky way here. They made some necessary hardware upgrades, they called the new device the same Pocket 2, and they have painted it in white...
Well, mainly a speculation, because we do not know yet how this white version may function, if indeed it not have the black version issues, and it may be or not another upgraded firmware as well for this white model...
In my opinion, Pocket 2 black it has reached its capability to be improved by firmware upgrades. This model it suffer for hardware limitations (processor), and it will most likely, remain so as it is, with the last firmware as it is as well... And the customers who have bought it, will regret their investment forever.
It was the white painting the most required upgrade by so many Pocket 2 users? NO!
It was necessary indeed this colour?NO!
It works tracking well in the white model?
It provide the white model eficient working HDR video function? By the way, HDR it was also advertided for black Pocket 2 model as well, while it was in fact not implemented at all, but after a later firmware upgrade, and the result it was a bad joke only...
It were fixed in the white model, the bunch of issues claimed by so many users for the black model of Pocket 2?
Let`s wait for the first reviews...

2021-7-8
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

"A lot has changed since we released the Pocket 2 last fall, with big enhancements on autofocus, added HDR Video, better tracking and more."

Probably a marketing strategy
2021-7-8
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

We have. It is the latest firmware released moths ago. It is just commercial text. White is the same device with the same firmware and hardware.
2021-7-8
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 7-8 09:35
We have. It is the latest firmware released moths ago. It is just commercial text. White is the same device with the same firmware and hardware.

I'm still very pleased with the video quality achieved by these tiny cameras.  I used two on a couple of video shoots with great success.
2021-7-8
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

John Walker Posted at 7-8 10:25
I did wonder - very disappointing

I'm actually very surprised and sad they did not released all mighty firmware at the same time.
2021-7-8
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

COOL GADGET!
2021-7-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Alvara74 Posted at 7-8 06:24
Probably a marketing strategy

Indeed, market strategy, and very successful too, judging by the sudden burst of YouTube reviews for a device which has been available in black for months, and which is now... just white.

I'm not inclined to be too hard on DJI for this.  If they make a bit more profit from this 'relaunch' which they can then spend on the Pocket 3, fine.

2021-7-8
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-8 22:18
Indeed, market strategy, and very successful too, judging by the sudden burst of YouTube reviews for a device which has been available in black for months, and which is now... just white.

I'm not inclined to be too hard on DJI for this.  If they make a bit more profit from this 'relaunch' which they can then spend on the Pocket 3, fine.

Yup, always good to have the most recent and up to date features on a device you use for filming!
2021-7-9
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 7-8 10:45
I'm actually very surprised and sad they did not released all mighty firmware at the same time.

I think that might reduce their sales
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_4s5dqel81xto
New
United States

I see the wireless mic is not included in the creative combo like it is for the black version. Shame cause I just bought the black version and was about to exchange for the white one.
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_4s5dqel81xto
New
United States

Noticed the wireless mic is not included in the creative combo for the White one like it is for the black one. Can someone confirm this ?
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_kUSDhINfBYNZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77844 ft
Netherlands

How can i set date and time on the video s and photo s? Made whit dji osmo pocket?
2021-7-9
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

My boss ordered me one as a thank you gift, It arrives on Monday, I'm super excited.
2021-7-9
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

And in a few days they will release Mini SE.. and after 4 month next 2 products with short time between.

I just want OA 2!
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

Golf clap. Did you fix the atrocious face tracking yet?
2021-7-11
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

Is it coming with the same issues?
2021-7-11
Use props
Game Start
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Quite shocked they hardly released any updates for the Pocket 2... its been months now. The original pocket got a bunch of updates that improved it so much.
2021-7-12
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

chririva Posted at 7-11 23:07
Is it coming with the same issues?

nothing changes but the color
2021-7-12
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Game Start Posted at 7-12 17:30
Quite shocked they hardly released any updates for the Pocket 2... its been months now. The original pocket got a bunch of updates that improved it so much.

True. The feeling is they abandoned it already and are working on Pocket 3. When they stopped developing Pocket 1 after 1,5 years took only half year and then Pocket 2 came.

It is nearly 6 months nothing updated or fixed anymore for Pocket 2.

I have also reported two known and repeatable bugs in Pocket 1 but they never fixed those. Anyways Pocket 1 support was insanely good they patched and fixed it like 1,5 years. This is the reason why Pocket 2 feels so disappointing.

I have seen some DJI commercials on Facebook about FaceTrack 3.0 with Pocket 2. Was it yesterday last time.. but the truth is it is FaceTrack 0.3. I just don't know how they can keep marketing that Tracking since it is just not working at all at 4k while recording. Pocket 1 Tracking is a way better and works.

Lets see what autumn brings.
2021-7-12
Use props
RNajmanovich
lvl.2
Canada

Hi, I have a question regarding the advertised Active Track 3.0 in the Sunset White Pocket 2. Is it the same as the Active Track currently available in the Black Pocket 2?
2021-7-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

RNajmanovich Posted at 7-13 02:58
Hi, I have a question regarding the advertised Active Track 3.0 in the Sunset White Pocket 2. Is it the same as the Active Track currently available in the Black Pocket 2?

Hi there, the Active Track 3.0 of the Sunset White Pocket 2 is as same as the Black Pocket 2. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
2021-7-13
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 7-13 03:15
Hi there, the Active Track 3.0 of the Sunset White Pocket 2 is as same as the Black Pocket 2. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

I have a question, and I contact you:
Why this face tracking (Active track 3.0) it still not working properly since Pocket 2 it was released? Even thought the very few firmware upgrades since then, this major issue it still be not fixed.
It is confortable for DJI  advertising for a Pocket 2 function which is obvious not working? Not talking more about the joke of a HDR function...
2021-7-13
Use props
RNajmanovich
lvl.2
Canada

RNajmanovich Posted at 7-13 02:58

thank you.
2021-7-13
Use props
RNajmanovich
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 7-13 03:15

Thank you.
2021-7-13
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The only change they would have had to make is to change the colour of the plastic.  The tooling would be the same.  
2021-7-13
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

John Walker Posted at 7-13 14:03
I wonder if DJI has no plans to produce any further updates on P2.  Maybe, they realise that there are major hardware issues that can't be corrected by firmware.   They have produced the white version to move the remaining electronics to make way for P3.  The only change they would have had to make is to change the colour of the plastic.  The tooling would be the same.  I hope I'm wrong and just wish DJI would inform us of the situation regarding the future of P2.

This is just what I believe. It just looks like running a new game in PC with old graphics card. When the highest settings P2 can't handle it anymore. FaceTrack is so important for them that they could have fixed it earlier than after 1 year after release..

Or it is like CPU throttling. It slows the CPU power down when its getting heated. Like modern mobile devices do. But FaceTrack works when not recording so I believe that it is overall CPU just not enough.

Another thing what came to my mind is that P3 could be different case and model so they made white version to sell out P1 / P2 fitting components. P3 starts a new era of cases and accessories, nd filters and all. Borderless screen and different lens size etc. I like to speculate
2021-7-13
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 7-13 22:31
This is just what I believe. It just looks like running a new game in PC with old graphics card. When the highest settings P2 can't handle it anymore. FaceTrack is so important for them that they could have fixed it earlier than after 1 year after release..

Or it is like CPU throttling. It slows the CPU power down when its getting heated. Like modern mobile devices do. But FaceTrack works when not recording so I believe that it is overall CPU just not enough.

I would be pretty pee’d off if my new Xbox couldnt play a game so soon after its release due to hardware limitations. Its not fair on the thousands of P2 owners to release a product if the specs dont even allow it to run the advertised features flawlessly. DJI have seriously dropped the ball recently when it comes to software and fixing bugs.
2021-7-14
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Switzerland

Hi DJI Thor (administrator),

As I can see, not any answer yet to my questions (above).  I am feel free to ask it here once again...
Why this face tracking (Active track 3.0) it still not working properly since Pocket 2 it was released?
It is confortable for DJI  advertising for a Pocket 2 function which is obvious not working?
2021-7-15
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

If this camera is exactly the same as the black one, dji just realeased a camera full of issues, and they are aware of that.
2021-7-15
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

What I find disappointing is that DJI could knock this uncertainty on the head with an explanation.  It's still a great camera.
2021-7-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules