Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mind totally blown away, FCC mode in Europe.
10894 18 2021-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Literally the best accessory you'll ever get for your CE drone is an FCC hack, just tried it now and wow, perfect uninterrumped connection no matter what. More than 150 hours flying drones in my area and just blew my mind in the first flight.

I've flown in the areas where I allways had bad connection and interferience problems... and I got flawless connection everywhere, 5 bars no matter what at close range, rock solind uninterrumped connection at long ranges, even behind obstacles where I allways lost conection before.

The change in safety is outstanding, specially on areas with interference. No more laggy/juddery or interrumption in videofeed, no more undesired RTH due to connection problems.

Air2S CE mode had a good connection compared to my Mini 2 CE mode... but wow, now it's just out of this world.

2021-7-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad the hack worked so well for you.
2021-7-7
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

Was a bit skeptical, but totally worth it, it's like having a boosted antenna but without doing any hardware mod. The RC mode defaults back to CE every time you power off the drone, so it's completely optional to engage it before the flight, it just takes a few seconds.

Now to lose connection you nearly have to do it on purpose. I knew we got an under powered version here in Europe but wow, now I'm able to see the benefit of OC 3.0 and the 4 antennas.

In my LR flights I usually lost connection several times, now it's just a continuous flawless flight. 5 bars all the time, 3 bars when I got disconnections in CE, 1-2 bars in places where it was just impossible to flight in CE.

Pretty useful when going out to do some landscape photography and don't want to (or can't) get physically closer to the place. In CE mode you are constantly prompted with connection problems and have to perfectly point the controller against the drone all the time, but in FCC I know I can put the camera anywhere in the flight radius without worrying too much about it.

On the other hand, with the official DJI sun hood attached to the controller, the loss in signal in CE mode was quite noticeable, to the point where sometimes you had to choose between a good connection or being able to see the screen properly. Now it just doesn't matter, hood always on, and you are always battery bottlenecked.

It's like that first time you changed from the 56Kb router to broadband connection
2021-7-7
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

This sounds awesome, I want to know more
2021-7-7
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Only for IOS!
2021-7-7
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

There's another one for Android devices too, which is the one that I'm using with my Moto G8.

Another good thing about boosting the signal is that the drone always receives the commands, for example, take a picture or use the Fn button.

When flying in CE it's a common thing that some commands get lost in the interferences/distance, and you need to press the button several times to get the picture, which is quite annoying. In FCC that is way more unlikely to happen.

Did a bunch of flights today, pushing my previous boundaries a little, forcing bad connection situations... and the result is just outstanding, it's totally worth it.

In the 2.4Ghz band you go from 20dB to 26dB, wich is basically doubling the power, and in the 5.8Ghz band you go from 14dB (completelly useless) to 26dB, wich is 4 times more power.

The 5.8Ghz band in CE mode is completelly useless due to the lack of power, if you leave the drone in automatic you'll allways be flying in 2.4Ghz because it will allways outperform the 5.8Ghz/14dB, but on FCC the 5.8Ghz becomes usable at 26dB, so it will be automatically selected when needed, for example when there's a lot of 2.4Ghz interference.
2021-7-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 7-7 04:44
Was a bit skeptical, but totally worth it, it's like having a boosted antenna but without doing any hardware mod. The RC mode defaults back to CE every time you power off the drone, so it's completely optional to engage it before the flight, it just takes a few seconds.

Now to lose connection you nearly have to do it on purpose. I knew we got an under powered version here in Europe but wow, now I'm able to see the benefit of OC 3.0 and the 4 antennas.

That's more great results.  
2021-7-8
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 7-7 14:23
There's another one for Android devices too, which is the one that I'm using with my Moto G8.

From where is one for Android? Prv me....
2021-7-8
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Not to be a killjoy, but a reminder that doing so makes your operation illegal.
Not likely that you will get caught however...
2021-7-8
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

Well, drones are hyperlegislated these days... so they can catch you on so many things that no one will ever sit next to you with a spectrum analyzer to check if your controller transmitting power lands between the manufacturer's regulation or not.

eID is coming to Europe too, and it'll be mandatory for +250g drones so no one will need to pick you on little things, the moment you fly 121 meters height or 501 meters horizontally anyone using the app will send your takeoff location to the cops. It's like having your flight log available in real time to anyone with a smartphone, not just police, so constantly being harassed by random people will be the norm.

On the other hand, if your drone isn't transmitting the eID, they'll just treat you like a terrorist, no mater if you are taking pictures in the middle of a mountain. The thing is from the ground it's hard to say if a drone it's a Mini 2 or an Air2, so they'll see a drone in the air, won't see it on the app and will call the cops on you anyway.

For the most part, EASA will just copy&paste FCC eID law, and that'll be the major killer of the hobby (like it's not dead enough with everyone selling their M2Pro like there's no tomorrow while still can get a decent amount for them). And if M3 doesn't come C certified, It'll be a total failure.

Appart from famous youtubers, which get their drones free, who got an Air2S? Nearly no one. 20 Air2S opinions in my country vs 2.537 opinions on the Air 2 on Amazon, with the new rules the hobby is dying faster than ever.

We'll see, I'm not getting out of the hobby, like most people are doing and already have all the certifications available (A1/A3, A2 and STS), but depending on how eID turns out I'll just stick to sub 250g drones, don't want to be constantly harassed by random people checking drones in their area every time I lift my flying tripod to take some pictures of the landscape.
2021-7-8
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

how to FCC please more info here o private msg thanks
2021-7-8
Use props
dreamtuner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Does it work for an Android device as well?
2021-7-11
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Spain

dreamtuner Posted at 7-11 07:00
Does it work for an Android device as well?

Yes, there's a version for IOS and a version for Android, I'm using the one for android on my Motorolla G8
2021-7-11
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

O3 sure has its benefits
2021-7-11
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 7-11 14:20
Yes, there's a version for IOS and a version for Android, I'm using the one for android on my Motorolla G8

Ah thank god there's one for android
2021-7-11
Use props
DJI CE/FCC
New

Ireland

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 2021-7-11 14:20
Yes, there's a version for IOS and a version for Android, I'm using the one for android on my Motorolla G8

Hi Huginn,
I really appreciate you taking the time to inform the community of your findings, and continuing to update us after your tests. I'm also delighted to know that there is an Android solution for this upgrade.

Finally, may I have access to this information here or by pm.

Thank you
2022-7-19
Use props
G-Drone-DK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105594 ft
United States

Hi Everybody,

Anyone that can update me here or by a PM what software to use for android - THNAKS
2023-1-25
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

G-Drone-DK Posted at 1-25 13:01
Hi Everybody,

Anyone that can update me here or by a PM what software to use for android - THNAKS

Search You Tube
2023-1-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bad problems require good solutions!

This is a great example of software coming to the rescue.
2023-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules