1585 18 2021-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still 1.4.8, update happened after I connected the phone to the controller...
2021-7-7
Use props
ihenni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198517 ft
United States

I can confirm this as well. I haven’t tested to see if it helps the dimming yet, but the option is back!!!
2021-7-7
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

NOT FOR ME!!!!  I just checked after seeing smbishop 's video.  I have the latest version of the Fly app for my Mini2 as well as the latest firmware.  When I plugged my iPhone into the controller it starts to charge.  The phone was at 97% charged.  I then checked for upgrades in the DJI Fly app for the Fly app and firmware and it said that I was up to date for both.

What can I do to get the phone charging option back.
2021-7-7
Use props
ihenni
lvl.2
United States

Ontario Drone Posted at 7-7 13:49
NOT FOR ME!!!!  I just checked after seeing smbishop 's video.  I have the latest version of the Fly app for my Mini2 as well as the latest firmware.  When I plugged my iPhone into the controller it starts to charge.  The phone was at 97% charged.  I then checked for upgrades in the DJI Fly app for the Fly app and firmware and it said that I was up to date for both.

What can I do to get the phone charging option back.

All I did was turn on the mini 2, plug in the controller, power on the drone, and then hit go fly. Under Control the option to turn Phone Charging on or off was back. I'm not sure what to do besides maybe power cycling everything?
2021-7-7
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

"All I did was turn on the mini 2, plug in the controller, power on the drone, and then hit go fly. Under Control the option to turn Phone Charging on or off was back."

I did all that ihenni .  I have a dedicated iPhone XR just for the Mini 2.  It gets turned on for flying and off when I am done.  It does not have a SIM card.

I do not understand this one bit.
2021-7-7
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

Option is not back for myself as well. iPhone 11 Pro, with DJI Fly 1.4.8.
2021-7-7
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

Phone charging option is back for me under Control. iPhone XR, DJI Fly 1.4.8
2021-7-7
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

RedSky119 Posted at 7-7 15:07
Phone charging option is back for me under Control. iPhone XR, DJI Fly 1.4.8

Did you just update RedSky199?  I am wondering if DJI just added it to the build.  I updated my version the day after it came out. At the point no one had reported the phone over heating and the screen dimming.
2021-7-7
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

Ontario Drone Posted at 7-7 16:01
Did you just update RedSky199?  I am wondering if DJI just added it to the build.  I updated my version the day after it came out. At the point no one had reported the phone over heating and the screen dimming.

I also updated a day or two after it came out. In my case, I didn't have to do anything. just turned the controller on, then the drone, opened the Fly App and the phone charging option was available in Control settings. It was in the off position.
2021-7-7
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPhone 11, iOS 14.6, DJI Fly 1.4.8.  Under CONTROL in DJI Fly, the Phone Charging option is back and I have mine turned OFF.  
2021-7-7
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

There appears to be different results based on the sequence of events between starting the app, plugging in the device, and connecting the drone. I have confirmed that with my iPhone6s +, if I start the DJI Fly app before connecting the iPhone, the charging option is not there. If I plug in the iPhone before starting the app, the charging option now appears. Making sure each time to close the app out and restarting it. Now, this is with the drone OFF. Not connected. The moment I turn on the drone and it connects, the charging option disappears. Completely bad behavior for an app.
2021-7-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I will have to check it!
2021-7-8
Use props
TomasP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121253 ft
Poland

DJI Fly 1.4.8 (477)  charge button is back on iOS !
On iPhone 11 & iPad4 mini, both were connected to the internet, the controller, and the drone was turned on when starting the application.
2021-7-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting find.  
2021-7-8
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

With the controller and the drone turned on then starting the Fly application, the phone charging option was back.  Yea, I can fly again without a hot phone and its screen dimming.  

I went for a test flight and all seemed good.  Landed, switched batteries and took off again.  The option was still there.  I doubled checked the battery icon on the home screen and it was not charging.  

I concur with those in this thread that the phone charging option is back for IOS.  Note, if I stared the DJI Fly app first then the charger and the drone, the charging option did not appear.
2021-7-8
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Was just a CYA move, otherwise the option would be for all users.  They didn't do us any favors, just avoiding upsetting their first love ... apple.  (and lawsuits)
2021-7-8
Use props
ihenni
lvl.2
United States

Ontario Drone Posted at 7-8 06:06
With the controller and the drone turned on then starting the Fly application, the phone charging option was back.  Yea, I can fly again without a hot phone and its screen dimming.  

I went for a test flight and all seemed good.  Landed, switched batteries and took off again.  The option was still there.  I doubled checked the battery icon on the home screen and it was not charging.  

I'm glad it ended up working for you! Enjoy your flights!
2021-7-8
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

OK, I just tested.  I have the charge button back.  And when I turn it on and off the phone reacts with the usual chirp to say charging.  Turn button off, no charge.  Here is what I did.  Connected iPhone 12 Pro to the controller.  Turned on Controller.  Powered up aircraft.  Button was there under the Control tab.  I guess this was one of those magic updates!!!  
2021-7-8
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

Ranger7777 Posted at 7-8 13:29
OK, I just tested.  I have the charge button back.  And when I turn it on and off the phone reacts with the usual chirp to say charging.  Turn button off, no charge.  Here is what I did.  Connected iPhone 12 Pro to the controller.  Turned on Controller.  Powered up aircraft.  Button was there under the Control tab.  I guess this was one of those magic updates!!!

I don't fully undestand "how" this came back... I am an Android user so it doesn't apply to me.

But I helped someone yesterday with their first flight of their Mini2..

From what I could tell (I didn't check though) they didn't have the latest version of DJIFly.. BUT.. They did have the Charging switch.

Did DJI send out a new version of 1.4.8? Or did they just enable this feature/switch remotely?
2021-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules