Dji air 2s just crashed on a wall and sensors didn't even worked.
1734 5 2021-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nicolas anst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 943320 ft
Greece

Hey i'm a dji air 2s onwer alsmot a month now and today it just crashed on a neighbors building wall and sensors never worked. it was on bypass mode N but a lot o times for bypass never worked properly all this month. And it didn'n even try to stop or hover. Just crashed a wall close to roof of the building and fall 15 meters down. All propelers damaged scrathes everywhere nd filter16 broken. i had a mavic mini for 1 year adn half flew it every where and in many trips took it with me and it never crashed. I'm just so dissapoint with technology.
2021-7-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Nicholas. We are sorry to read about the unfortunate experience you have had with your aircraft. We take reports like yours very seriously and want to provide you with the best suppost possible. If your drone is within warranty, please contact our Product Support   in creating a ticket. Our data analysis team will collect information such as your flight records during the incident. Our notification team will notify the result in a separate e-mail once the analysis is finished. Thank you.
2021-7-7
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im not trying to be rude at all when i say this.....but you was "flying" the mini, not relying on sensors. So, why trust the sensors on the drones that has sensors? The way i look at sensors is, there there to "help", but its still up to the pilot to see his/her surroundings.  I leave mine on, but i fly like i have no sensors.
2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Djimaniac Posted at 7-8 13:09
Im not trying to be rude at all when i say this.....but you was "flying" the mini, not relying on sensors. So, why trust the sensors on the drones that has sensors? The way i look at sensors is, there there to "help", but its still up to the pilot to see his/her surroundings.  I leave mine on, but i fly like i have no sensors.

Hi there, We are sorry to hear about that, DJI Air 2S configure with the Forward vision sensor, Backward vision sensor, Upward vision sensor, and Downward vision sensor. Due to the technical design, the drone doesn't have a left/right side vision sensor. So it should be careful while the drone is flying parallel, by the way, please be advised that the Vision Systems are suitable to be used in an environment with sufficient light, and the obstacles encountered during flight should have a dense texture. Thanks.
2021-7-11
Use props
Nicolas anst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 943320 ft
Greece

Djimaniac Posted at 7-8 13:09
Im not trying to be rude at all when i say this.....but you was "flying" the mini, not relying on sensors. So, why trust the sensors on the drones that has sensors? The way i look at sensors is, there there to "help", but its still up to the pilot to see his/her surroundings.  I leave mine on, but i fly like i have no sensors.

I try to understand your thoughts but I upgraded from the mini to air2 s for the better technology and features. So when I pay extra for sensors better quality and safety features that the company is advertise that offers then I expect my invest to return this. So I know that you don't have to fully relay on sensors of course but when I need them they didn't work properly. And I got response from the DJI service and I'm really disappointed.
2021-7-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Nicolas anst Posted at 7-26 04:34
I try to understand your thoughts but I upgraded from the mini to air2 s for the better technology and features. So when I pay extra for sensors better quality and safety features that the company is advertise that offers then I expect my invest to return this. So I know that you don't have to fully relay on sensors of course but when I need them they didn't work properly. And I got response from the DJI service and I'm really disappointed. [view_image]

Hello, Nicolas anst. I am sorry to read your story, but please kindly know that no matter how intelligent the drone is, personal operation plays the most important role in the flight. The aircraft cannot sense or avoid obstacles with monochrome surface (e.g. pure white,pure black). You can refer to our manual, more details can be seen through the link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... anual_v1.0_enIV.pdf
Please be cautious about the surroundings when you are flying the drone. We have checked that you have agreed the quote already. Hope you can receive your drone as earlier as possible and If you have any questions towards the data analysis, please feel free to talk.
2021-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules