Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV Controller V2 No Activation Prompt In Assistant 2 FPV Series
3651 18 2021-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Culuvun
lvl.1

United States

When I connect my FPV Controller V2 to DJI Assistant 2 (FPV Series) on my MAC or PC I never get an activation prompt. I can upgrade/downgrade firmware no problem but can't seem to trigger the activation prompt. When I connected my V2 goggles I got the activation prompt and they're working but the controller never prompts for activation no matter how many times I connect/disconnect to the assistant. Anyone else encounter same situ? Thinking I might have to return the controller.

2021-7-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are using the DJI FPV Drone or the DJI FPV Air unit? Please keep us posted so we can provide you an accurate resolution. Thank you!
2021-7-8
Use props
Culuvun
lvl.1

United States

Hello! I'm not using either, I just want to use my V2 controller with the DJI Virtual Flight sim (and other PC sims) to practice before purchasing a drone.
2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Culuvun Posted at 7-8 21:52
Hello! I'm not using either, I just want to use my V2 controller with the DJI Virtual Flight sim (and other PC sims) to practice before purchasing a drone.

Thank you for your response. The said remote controller only requires activation using the DJI Assistant 2 when using it with an Air unit. Therefore, if you are using a standard DJI FPV drone or using it with a flight simulator, you can simply connect it and it is ready to go. Just please make sure that you are using the latest firmware to avoid errors. Thank you!
2021-7-9
Use props
Culuvun
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-9 19:38
Thank you for your response. The said remote controller only requires activation using the DJI Assistant 2 when using it with an Air unit. Therefore, if you are using a standard DJI FPV drone or using it with a flight simulator, you can simply connect it and it is ready to go. Just please make sure that you are using the latest firmware to avoid errors. Thank you!

Thanks that's very interesting. My controller doesn't provide any output when I connect it to my PC or MAC. The device is recognized but there's no detected output from the sticks. Additionally DJI Virtual Flight doesn't connect to the controller. I thought this was probably because it wasn't activated but based on what you've said here it seems more likely I have a faulty controller. I'm gonna return it and get a new one.
2021-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Culuvun Posted at 7-10 12:34
Thanks that's very interesting. My controller doesn't provide any output when I connect it to my PC or MAC. The device is recognized but there's no detected output from the sticks. Additionally DJI Virtual Flight doesn't connect to the controller. I thought this was probably because it wasn't activated but based on what you've said here it seems more likely I have a faulty controller. I'm gonna return it and get a new one.

Thank you for your response. Please keep us posted once you already have your replacement remote controller. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

It must be the controller. It doesn't make sense otherwise
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-9 19:38
Thank you for your response. The said remote controller only requires activation using the DJI Assistant 2 when using it with an Air unit. Therefore, if you are using a standard DJI FPV drone or using it with a flight simulator, you can simply connect it and it is ready to go. Just please make sure that you are using the latest firmware to avoid errors. Thank you!

Oh well, perhaps add that in the manual?
2021-7-12
Use props
MHerm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18845 ft
Netherlands

I'm actually having the exact same issue as the OP and i've read in multiple places that you need to register the product first and that it started registering the input after that in the simulators
2021-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Alvara74 Posted at 7-12 05:30
Oh well, perhaps add that in the manual?

I will take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you!
2021-7-16
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MHerm Posted at 7-14 00:27
I'm actually having the exact same issue as the OP and i've read in multiple places that you need to register the product first and that it started registering the input after that in the simulators

Not sure what's going on then
2021-7-16
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 01:49
I will take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you!

Thank you!
2021-7-16
Use props
MHerm
lvl.1
Netherlands

I've also replaced the controller with a new one and same result as before. tried multiple usb cables but without any change. Also tried it on multiple mac's and on an ipad pro but again no change. Note I've no actual drone so I can't "activate" the controller. Thinking about finding someone who has one who can connect my controller to their drone in order to "activate" it.
2021-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You're welcome! Thank you for your support.
2021-7-17
Use props
MHerm
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-17 22:28

Bit weird that my comments are just being completely ignored by you..
2021-7-18
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-17 22:28

No problem!
2021-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MHerm Posted at 7-16 06:32
I've also replaced the controller with a new one and same result as before. tried multiple usb cables but without any change. Also tried it on multiple mac's and on an ipad pro but again no change. Note I've no actual drone so I can't "activate" the controller. Thinking about finding someone who has one who can connect my controller to their drone in order to "activate" it.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC or Mac and kindly please try to update the firmware of the said remote to its latest one? Also, please keep us posted once you found a user that has a drone and after you activate the said remote controller. Please hit the "reply" button so we notify you when you had responded to us. Thank you!

DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series
2021-7-19
Use props
jrstewart83
lvl.1

United States

i know this thread is old but i had to figure this out tonight and didn't find any resolutions online. I had the same issue using the fpv series version of assistant. Use the "consumer drone" version instead and it will activate. Once activated windows saw it correctly and i can play sims. I think the fpv version only works with the fpv v1 controller.
2022-9-3
Use props
fansef11fdd9
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MHerm Posted at 2021-7-16 06:32
I've also replaced the controller with a new one and same result as before. tried multiple usb cables but without any change. Also tried it on multiple mac's and on an ipad pro but again no change. Note I've no actual drone so I can't "activate" the controller. Thinking about finding someone who has one who can connect my controller to their drone in order to "activate" it.

Have you tried turning the controller on when connected as that’s where I failed,  got all working together an got the  goggles an the avata registered but failed with the remote an been bashing facebook groups for info, but then I seen this post an how if using dji drones it wont work as it doesn’t need doing once registered with your other dji products only if using the 03 air unit.
2023-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules