Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
BMPCC 6k Pro + external disk + RS2
3309 12 2021-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XfslJHW0lYv5
lvl.1

Poland

Hi,

As we all know BMPCC has only one USB-C port, so when using it for external drive it is impossible to connect it to RS2.
However, BMPCC also support control over Bluetooth, and RS2 actually has all the required hardware.

Anyone from DJI? Would you consider adding BT connection to either the app or the gimbal, to enable BOTH external drive and gimbal connection for the camera? I guess the control protocol is probably even the same... so it MIGHT be just adding connecting a serial port over BT to the camera and running existing software over this connection ?

If not, I wonder how many people would be interested in a small USB/BT dongle with internal software that would emulate BMPCC cable connection on USB-C side and communicate with the camera via BT, then it would be enough to plug it into the control port on the gimbal...
2021-7-7
Use props
illuminatedRS
lvl.2

Turkey

I think I've seen somebody use a C-fast to SATA adapter which then frees up the USB port ....you'll have to look around for it though
2021-7-7
Use props
djiuser_XfslJHW0lYv5
lvl.1

Poland

illuminatedRS Posted at 7-7 16:43
I think I've seen somebody use a C-fast to SATA adapter which then frees up the USB port ....you'll have to look around for it though

I had seen some at aliexpress, however:
1) USB-C will give more performance, and nvme drives are faster than sata
2) an adapter would need to route the cable through the card door that could not be fully closed then
3) camera control uses almost no bandwidth, so bluetooth could be a good solution here, if DJI could upgrade the software - this would make RS2 much more useful with BMPCC cameras.
2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I will note your feedback for our engineers for their notice. Thank you for your suggestion.
2021-7-9
Use props
illuminatedRS
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-9 01:39
Hi there, I will note your feedback for our engineers for their notice. Thank you for your suggestion.

That would be a good ...after all we're generally turning Bluetooth off because it was interfering with things like raveneye so if we can turn it back on and use it for the camera control....that would rock
2021-8-13
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

djiuser_XfslJHW0lYv5 Posted at 7-8 01:33
I had seen some at aliexpress, however:
1) USB-C will give more performance, and nvme drives are faster than sata
2) an adapter would need to route the cable through the card door that could not be fully closed then

your consideration is correct, but SSD or NVMe does not make a difference on a BMPCC,
since only a USB3.1gen1 is installed here.

a CFast2.0 card (e.g. from angelbird or wise) is also faster and saver.

2021-8-14
Use props
DJI-RS PM 铁匠
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Thank you for your suggestion
2021-8-19
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Hi I have same problem. I'm thinking that an Y cable with 1 usb c male and 2 usb c female will work. What do you think ?
2021-9-2
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Hi I have same problem. I'm thinking that an Y cable with 1 usb c male and 2 usb c female will work. What do you think ?
2021-9-2
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Guido-Italy Posted at 9-2 08:26

no, any control function (e.g. focus or start/stop) of the camera would interfere
with the recording and corrupt the file on the SSD.
if it will work at all.
2021-9-2
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Indio Posted at 9-2 22:43
no, any control function (e.g. focus or start/stop) of the camera would interfere
with the recording and corrupt the file on the SSD.
if it will work at all.

Thanks Indio ...... so we can wait for DJI solution
2021-9-5
Use props
natzky
New

Uruguay

Hi, any solution for this issue?
2023-3-20
Use props
teo3vs
lvl.1

Italy

Isn’t there now any software update that fixes this? RS3 is on the shelves and should work that way, but RS2 is still pretty recent and bluetooth capable…
2023-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules