1244 19 2021-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
areechonhotmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1467382 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I want to known Smart controller that include in Air2S combo set.

Is the remote the same as the original smart controller or new ? what is  Ocusync 2.0 or 3.0?
2021-7-7
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Right now there is no Fly More Combo with the SC in place of the RC.  I may be wrong, but I don't think there is anything new about the SC other than software that enables compatibility.

The SC uses OS2 wheras the A2S uses OS3.  My understanding is the A2S emulates OS2, so they are connected via OS2, the older technology.

2021-7-7
Use props
areechonhotmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

dr6583 Posted at 7-7 22:09
Right now there is no Fly More Combo with the SC in place of the RC.  I may be wrong, but I don't think there is anything new about the SC other than software that enables compatibility.

The SC uses OS2 wheras the A2S uses OS3.  My understanding is the A2S emulates OS2, so they are connected via OS2, the older technology.

They have Air2 Combo with SmartRemote in box.

2021-7-7
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

areechonhotmail.com Posted at 7-7 22:26

[view_image]

Where did you find that?
2021-7-7
Use props
areechonhotmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

dr6583 Posted at 7-7 22:33
Where did you find that?

Dealer in Thailand.
2021-7-7
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

[view_image]

That’s a cool combo
2021-7-7
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30594 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

dr6583 Posted at 7-7 22:09

"Occusync 3.0" is mainly a marketing bull.... The optimization process of the  occusync signal transmitting method is continuous. When The air2 came the name stayed OC2 but the range incresed from 8km to 10km. After a FW update the older mavic2 series also had the 10km range. The newer step is the OC3.  From this point of the development  the dji changed the name to OC3. But nothing revolutionaly (hardware)  changed, but some algorithm optimization. The range difference between the air 2 and air2s mainly thanks to the 4 antennas insead of 2. ( It has reliable connection).
Therefore the "older" OC2 technology is compatible with the "newer" OC3.  The standard remote controller of the air2s is the same with the same FW!  The standard remote controllers of the mini2 air2 and air2s are interchangable.
The smart controller also works with the air2s. There are some lagging problem with livefeed but it is independent from the occusync version.
2021-7-7
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

Fantomgep Posted at 7-7 23:51
"Occusync 3.0" is mainly a marketing bull.... The optimization process of the  occusync signal transmitting method is continuous. When The air2 came the name stayed OC2 but the range incresed from 8km to 10km. After a FW update the older mavic2 series also had the 10km range. The newer step is the OC3.  From this point of the development  the dji changed the name to OC3. But nothing revolutionaly (hardware)  changed, but some algorithm optimization. The range difference between the air 2 and air2s mainly thanks to the 4 antennas insead of 2. ( It has reliable connection).
Therefore the "older" OC2 technology is compatible with the "newer" OC3.  The standard remote controller of the air2s is the same with the same FW!  The standard remote controllers of the mini2 air2 and air2s are interchangable.
The smart controller also works with the air2s. There are some lagging problem with livefeed but it is independent from the occusync version.

My understanding is the A2S "emulates" OS2 and that's how it talks to the SC.  If the older OC2 was compatible with the newer OC3, then why does the A2S have to step down to OS2 to, say, talk to the smart controller?  Not saying you're wrong---I'm just trying to understand this stuff because I'm about to have the A2S and a SC.
2021-7-8
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

Sweeeeeet!
2021-7-8
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30594 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

dr6583 Posted at 7-8 00:01
My understanding is the A2S "emulates" OS2 and that's how it talks to the SC.  If the older OC2 was compatible with the newer OC3, then why does the A2S have to step down to OS2 to, say, talk to the smart controller?  Not saying you're wrong---I'm just trying to understand this stuff because I'm about to have the A2S and a SC.

From your point of view the airs2 also emulates the O2 while communicating its standard controller. (which would be nonsense)
As you well know the air2s standard controller is the same as the air2 and mini2 controller (utilizes OC2 system). The name of "occusync 3" just a marketing bulsh*t. There is no major difference beetween the two system. All of the OC2 system are able to upgrade to OC3, but the dji won't upgrade for marketing reasons. The only HW difference beetwen the OC3 and OC2 system is the number of the antennas of the aircraft. The current FW of the controllers (both standard and smart)  contains the optimization algorithm  (named OC3) which is activated when Air2S is connected. That's all. This is not emulation, just a bit optimized communcation  method with the craft. Other words the smart controller is able to communicate with the air2s via occusync3  transmitting method.

2021-7-8
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

Fantomgep Posted at 7-8 00:54
From your point of view the airs2 also emulates the O2 while communicating its standard controller. (which would be nonsense)
As you well know the air2s standard controller is the same as the air2 and mini2 controller (utilizes OC2 system). The name of "occusync 3" just a marketing bulsh*t. There is no major difference beetween the two system. All of the OC2 system are able to upgrade to OC3, but the dji won't upgrade for marketing reasons. The only HW difference beetwen the OC3 and OC2 system is the number of the antennas of the aircraft. The current FW of the controllers (both standard and smart)  contains the optimization algorithm  (named OC3) which is activated when Air2S is connected. That's all. This is not emulation, just a bit optimized communcation  method with the craft. Other words the smart controller is able to communicate with the air2s via occusync3  transmitting method.

Thanks for that explanation.  I'm still trying to find a reason for the lag of the SC when flying the A2S as has been reported by so many, and if it has been officially fixed.  Henrik put out a video saying they just sent him a new SC and it works much better now with the A2S.

Well, it's 4:17 am here, and my A2S and SC will be here in a few hours so bed time for me!
2021-7-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

[view_image]

Wow, nice find.  Doesn't appear to be available anywhere else yet.
2021-7-8
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

dr6583 Posted at 7-8 01:17
Thanks for that explanation.  I'm still trying to find a reason for the lag of the SC when flying the A2S as has been reported by so many, and if it has been officially fixed.  Henrik put out a video saying they just sent him a new SC and it works much better now with the A2S.

Well, it's 4:17 am here, and my A2S and SC will be here in a few hours so bed time for me!

The lag has not been fixed.
I'm in the USA and have the same problem as Henrik as I have inferred in his thread about it.
As of today my SC was sent back to dji for analysis as it should work as well as the original controller that was supplied with the A2S.

If it isn't dji should not be marketing the SC as compatible.
I would not recommend using the SC with the A2S as the experiance is less than ideal.

Maybe at some point a firmware update will fix the problem or you will get lucky as some others and not have a problem.

2021-7-8
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

TP-FPV Posted at 7-8 08:39
I'm in the USA and have the same problem as Henrik as I have inferred in his thread about it.
As of today my SC was sent back to dji for analysis as it should work as well as the original controller that was supplied with the A2S.

I believe it's a firmware issue. The video lag and the lack of range happened overnight basically and was after updating firmware on the SC.
I think sending the unit in isn't a bad idea however I also think they will say its fine and you will have wasted your time.
DJI should be listening. They have made good money on the SC now fix the issues and offer the support.
2021-7-8
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

TP-FPV Posted at 7-8 08:39

No worries!  I plan on holding onto it and use the stock RC until these issues are resolved, especially since I’m a beginner.  At some point though I will sell one of them. I really hope they fix these issues. Seems to only be a problem with the A2S I think.
2021-7-8
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

I don't suggest you get a smart controller recently. It has a severe lag issue now.  The hardware is outdated. Use regular fly more combo without the smart controller, and use the money that you saved to buy a good android phone.
2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already find the combo package that you are looking for. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2021-7-8
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-8 19:37
I don't suggest you get a smart controller recently. It has a severe lag issue now.  The hardware is outdated. Use regular fly more combo without the smart controller, and use the money that you saved to buy a good android phone.

I agree.  I've already received it along with everything else, but I just initiated a return for it.  I have not even opened the box.

You're right.  It was wishful thinking of me they would have solved these critical issues by now.  So I'm going to use the stock RC, but to get the dedicated screen I want (while not using my phone) I'm going to use my iPad with a tablet extender (plus it has a data plan when needed to connect.)  That should satisfy me much more than spending $750 for a dangerous controller, just sitting in the box, waiting for good firmware.  Or, as you allude to, it could be the hardware.  Who knows at this point.
2021-7-10
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

dr6583 Posted at 7-10 21:05
I agree.  I've already received it along with everything else, but I just initiated a return for it.  I have not even opened the box.

You're right.  It was wishful thinking of me they would have solved these critical issues by now.  So I'm going to use the stock RC, but to get the dedicated screen I want (while not using my phone) I'm going to use my iPad with a tablet extender (plus it has a data plan when needed to connect.)  That should satisfy me much more than spending $750 for a dangerous controller, just sitting in the box, waiting for good firmware.  Or, as you allude to, it could be the hardware.  Who knows at this point.

Did I mention I haven't even flown it yet?  Got it all set up with firmware updates, and some recommended changes to the Fly settings, mainly the camera settings, but the weather today was rainy and my work schedule won't let me fly until at least Wednesday.

Baby steps.
2021-7-10
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

The SC does not have Lag anymore...On 1.4.8 as same as on 1.4.4 we have experienced signal drops at 1000m.
Also a few times the FLY app from SC was just shutting down and restarted...the longest 10 seconds in my life....
Not to mention the bug with Custom mode sticks that is not working, or is just messing up reversing all commands.

Pros SC:
- screen good, easy to start, no need for extra cables and phone

Cons SC (DJI, pay attention, this is for you):
- difficulty to press in Pro Mode the buttons of SS/WB/ISO, as most times is taken as "focus" instead of that buttons (DJI, why the hell did you not defined an area to be only for this buttons instead of mixing things?)
- signal drops at 1000 m distance, antennas oriented towards drone, direct sight of drone, and still....signal is dropping.
- pairing Mini2 and A2S: at each change also NEED A RESTART after pairing, or you will have the worst freezing in video feed ever at each 7-9 seconds....after SC restart works OK, probably they forgot to clear caches/reset freq. or God knows what.
- Custom Mode sticks - not working, the bug is here from 6 months and DJI is incapable to fix it. (Dev dept.is probably made of very low skills programmers)
Cheers.
2021-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules