There IS a way to FaceTrack stream with MIMO, but...
2590 5 2021-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
groovdafied
lvl.1

United States

I tried researching this, but didn't find any results to what I'm posting here. Apologies if it's already been discussed.
tl;dr: Use Streamlabs (or similar), screenshare MIMO. Feature request at bottom to hide UI for screenshare.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I was looking for ways to multi-task the MIMO app in order to do Face Tracking with a streaming application. However, there's an issue with the iPhone OS (and Android); it doesn't multi-window apps like Android. But not even Android can do it with, especially with Samsung's floating app window due to multiple apps requesting the Cam API.
The clunky band-aid solution for iOS (and Android): Screen sharing.

Here's the "BUT..."

I was using an app called StreamLabs, that allows you to set up screensharing (for both platforms) and live stream to a platform or available RTMP server.

This actually works!  I use Streamlabs to share my iPhone screen using the Mimo app with Active Face Tracking enabled, but the clunky issue is that the Mimo user interface is 100% visible with the floating green box.

Performance wasn't bad, but may need to plug into the Osmo USB for power using a light weight cable.

There's a huge outcry (and demand) of users who want live stream capabilities via Mimo, but there hasn't been a feature update for years. Possibly because:

• Adding a bunch of API access to the stream platforms (and User Token passing for authentication) takes work and troubleshooting
  • Not all streaming platforms has direct API/RTMP access (I.e. Cisco Webex, which I've seen requested here too)
  • Streaming platforms change, therefore would need a quick response team to update the app
  • It's impossible to share the Camera API over multiple running apps (Mimo just closes, or becomes unstable if running in the background. It's also probably resource intense)
  • Maybe some reliability issues as well, where they wont be able to provide much support for being the middle man.
  • The list goes on...

To the MIMO app dev team, this is a quick and possibly easy solution that sort of removes the burden (but not all of it) to offer streaming capabilities via Mimo for Face Tracking: Hide the UI

Removing the Mimo UI will offer a quick solution for users to use screensharing features from apps such as Webex and Streamlabs, where we would be able to display and actively use the MIMO face tracking while live streaming or hosting remote meetings. This should be a very simple method/solution to implement with minimal (if not any) bugs since the app is just hiding the UI.

FEATURE REQUEST:

1. Add a software button to hide the UI
2. Make the live preview full screen.
2. Double Tap or add a button gesture to the Osmo to reveal the UI (back to default)

So what do you say, Support & Developers? It's not a direct solution, but it will make A LOT of people happy (and buy you time) until you implement a real live stream feature.

LONG TERM OBTAINABLE GOAL IDEA:

Instead of developing API access to streaming platforms, just add an RTMP server option. There are services such as Restream, Streamyard (and many others) who already did the work to provide a reliable streaming solution.  Ya, it's not the user friendly approach, but with simple videos and documentation, it'll be a successful step to Mimo's growth.

2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific Osmo product are you using? Please keep us posted for better assistance. Thank you!
2021-7-8
Use props
groovdafied
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-8 21:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific Osmo product are you using? Please keep us posted for better assistance. Thank you!

Hi, I'm using the Osmo mobile 3.
2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

groovdafied Posted at 7-8 21:37
Hi, I'm using the Osmo mobile 3.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 doesn't have the capability to perform a live streaming function. In addition, we cannot guarantee the stability of the DJI Mimo app when used with a 3rd party live streaming software. However, we can take note of this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you!
2021-7-9
Use props
groovdafied
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-9 22:34
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 doesn't have the capability to perform a live streaming function. In addition, we cannot guarantee the stability of the DJI Mimo app when used with a 3rd party live streaming software. However, we can take note of this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you!

That's pretty much what you're telling everyone else, but it's been years since you've provided a solution. I dropped money on this device, and I can't use it in my livestreams. Apparently, this was not an issue when it was capable of operating on the other mobile app.

You got my money...oh well I guess.
2021-7-10
Use props
djiuser_MjMOtv5tC1r0
New

Philippines

Up! Best solution im looking.
2023-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules