SOLVED Smart controller not connecting to PC
11766 12 2021-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
explorermel
lvl.1

Maldives

Dear all,
My smart controller has stopped being recognised by my PC. I recently did updates on my controller. My version is V01.01.0058. I do not get the message which has 3 options (charge/transfer files) nor do I get a sound on the PC when I plug it in. DJI Mavic assistant 2 also does not detect the controller.
I have tried 3 cables. I think there is a probem with the drivers for the USB connection, but if anyone has experience anything similar, any help would be amazing!

update:

IT here at my work has struggled with this too. We have downloaded and reinstalled the drivers and we are now on the phone to DJI Australia (we are in Maldives!). Still no luck.

Many thanks in advance,
Melissa
2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 on your PC to see if the issue persists? You may refer to the link below for you to reinstall the said software. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2021-7-9
Use props
explorermel
lvl.1

Maldives

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-9 20:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 on your PC to see if the issue persists? You may refer to the link below for you to reinstall the said software. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

Hello,
Yes we have tried this, and on two different laptops, to no avail. I'm starting to think there is a corrupt driver or janky programming in the DJI update? I'm on day 3 of trying to get this fixed :p
All the best
Melissa
2021-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

explorermel Posted at 7-9 21:17
Hello,
Yes we have tried this, and on two different laptops, to no avail. I'm starting to think there is a corrupt driver or janky programming in the DJI update? I'm on day 3 of trying to get this fixed :p
All the best

We're sorry for the trouble. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-10
Use props
explorermel
lvl.1

Maldives

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-10 23:49
We're sorry for the trouble. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hi,
We figured it out. And we recon something weird is happening at the DJI end RE programming.

If you put the controller into developer mode AND enable USB debugging, it will connect.

Is this the norm for the smart controller? I seem to not be the only person with this issue.

Best wishes
Melissa
2021-7-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

explorermel Posted at 7-11 19:19
Hi,
We figured it out. And we recon something weird is happening at the DJI end RE programming.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_foq6zOf368vi
New

Germany

explorermel Posted at 2021-7-11 19:19
Hi,

Hi Melissa,

Can you please help me to resolve the issue. Even I am facing the same issue my smart controller is not detecting in my PC. I tried different cables but still I didnt find any drivers in my PC. Kindly help me. thanks

Best regards,
Praveen
2022-4-11
Use props
djiuser_foq6zOf368vi
New

Germany

Hi Melissa,  Can you please help me to resolve the issue. Even I am facing the same issue my smart controller is not detecting in my PC. I tried different cables but still I didnt find any drivers in my PC. Kindly help me. thanks  Best regards, Praveen
2022-4-11
Use props
Victor Pike
New

United States

djiuser_foq6zOf368vi Posted at 4-11 09:22
Hi Melissa,  Can you please help me to resolve the issue. Even I am facing the same issue my smart controller is not detecting in my PC. I tried different cables but still I didnt find any drivers in my PC. Kindly help me. thanks  Best regards, Praveen

Here you go, I too was stumped but this fixed it

Go to settings and scroll down to About Remote Controller... Tap it. Now scroll down to System Version and tap it (7 times) to unlock Developer Options. Go back and it will be in your list.

Then select enabling debugging
2022-7-12
Use props
reesolar
lvl.1
Canada

Use the normal cable and ADD A USB-A TO USB-C ADAPTER if your PC only has USB-C. You should then be good to go.
2022-10-16
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Very frustrating!
2022-10-30
Use props
TGale
lvl.1
United States

I took an having this same issue. I will try the developer mode but feel this is almost over my head as in technical. I have deleted and reloaded a dozen times , software updates, I hear it connect to the PC but they PC and smart controller will not talk to each other.
2023-5-2
Use props
Enrico_1964
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140249 ft
Italy

Stesso problema!!!
4-13 08:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules