So my memory card lost the files
2104 8 2021-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AeroBear
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31588 ft
United States

So I thought I ejected the drive I had the card in, but I didn’t. Now my  computer is saying I have to format the drive (the card). Is there  anyway I can recover my files?
It has everything I have recorded, Its a Samsung 256gb EVO Select

2021-7-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Try this. It works great and is safe. I have used it many times.
https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva
2021-7-9
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

never, never format the card in your pc, even if it asks for it. Disguard the message and try to see if you can read the SD card.
I get that message too from time to time, but none of my files were defected.
Once you get the files from the SD card, reformat it on the drone.
Afways stop recording before shutting down the drone.
2021-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you were able to access the files on your SD card using your computer? If no, you may try to plug it in using a different PC or Mac to see if you can access it, and please back up your files and reformat your SD card using your PC or straight to the drone itself and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You might also like to do a google for ZarX recovery software.

However this thread demonstrates one of the disadvantages of huge capacity cards that are not backed up regularly.
2022-2-8
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

First thing to do is try JohnDG's suggestion...

Your PC could be complaining even though there is nothing actually wrong with the data on the card. So dismiss the warning message and see if you can see the card and data on it anyway.

Only if you can't see the data on it should you attempt to use recovery software. (And be careful how you use that recovery software - make sure you recover to your PC, don't let it try to repair the card until you have got your data off it as the 'repair' process could actually overwrite recoverable data!).

-N.O.T.

2022-2-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good point about actually saving any images that a recovery scan finds.
2022-2-8
Use props
ws46060
lvl.4
United States

JohnDG Posted at 2021-7-9 17:54
never, never format the card in your pc, even if it asks for it. Disguard the message and try to see if you can read the SD card.
I get that message too from time to time, but none of my files were defected.
Once you get the files from the SD card, reformat it on the drone.

Yes.  Always turn recording off before shutting down.  I lost a large video because of failing to stop recording before shutting the drone down.  The file remained on the sd card, but was unreadable.

Perhaps a firmware update could automatically stop recording when the shut down buttons are pressed.
2022-2-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

ws46060 Posted at 2-8 09:56
Yes.  Always turn recording off before shutting down.  I lost a large video because of failing to stop recording before shutting the drone down.  The file remained on the sd card, but was unreadable.

Perhaps a firmware update could automatically stop recording when the shut down buttons are pressed.

Put the card back in the drone. Power it on. Then start a new video and stop it. This should close all unclosed files on the card.
2022-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules