Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic2 USB connection Not Recognized
2471 14 2021-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobhunt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26099 ft
United States

Brand New Mavic 2 User and I spent an hour trying to find this issue in the forum with no result.
Purchased a New Air 2 with FlyMore and been flying for a couple of weeks .I have the latest updates
Ive been recording to a Sandisk 32gb card but when connected to the computer via a USB cable, the computer does not recognise the card. (HP PC laptop)
When the card is inserted into the computer via a adaptor the computer said the card needed to be fixed. However i could open and fiew the files. Scanning the card found no errors and the card was recognised. The images and video's were fine.
Tried this on a second PC Laptop Acer Windows 10 and no message was given but the USB was not recognized.
I have not tried this with internal storage ....... probably should have before this post.
Any help would be appreciated ....Bob
2021-7-9
Use props
TomBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 913891 ft
United Kingdom

It could be the adapter that you are using. I continually have the message disc has errors, but when you run a diagnostic on it , it returns no errors.
2021-7-9
Use props
bobhunt
lvl.1
United States

That may be true, it is likely the adaptor has compatibility issues . But as you stated when it is scanned no issues are reported.
Since I posted this I did take a few snaps and saved them to the internal storage but with the USB connected it gave the same malfunction message as it did with the SD Card.
I also tried with the Dji included  USB c to USB cord ........ Same results.  I could live with this , but since I spent the big bucks on a new unit, Ill likely get it repaired under warranty ...... if it is actually a problem and not user error.
Thanks for your input on this..... Bob
2021-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may try to back up all your files on the said SD card and fully reformat it using your PC and use it again with your drone and check if the issue persists. Also, with regards to the error on your 2nd laptop, kindly please try to plug in the USB cable on different USB ports of the said laptop and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-9
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

bobhunt Posted at 7-9 10:37
That may be true, it is likely the adaptor has compatibility issues . But as you stated when it is scanned no issues are reported.
Since I posted this I did take a few snaps and saved them to the internal storage but with the USB connected it gave the same malfunction message as it did with the SD Card.
I also tried with the Dji included  USB c to USB cord ........ Same results.  I could live with this , but since I spent the big bucks on a new unit, Ill likely get it repaired under warranty ...... if it is actually a problem and not user error.

Hi Bob,

What microSD card type/class is the SanDisk? Is it the SanDisk Extreme U3/A2?  Have you tried another microSD card and are the results the same?

As for the USB type-C cable connected to your computers (HP, Acer) to the drone, have you tried all the USB ports? Make sure if possible the cable is connected to a USB 3.0 port (blue color) for best results.  If it's USB 2.0 sometimes it doesn't work properly, so if you can try another computer with a USB 3.0 port, verify if you can connect successfully to your drone.

2021-7-10
Use props
bobhunt
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-9 19:53
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may try to back up all your files on the said SD card and fully reformat it using your PC and use it again with your drone and check if the issue persists. Also, with regards to the error on your 2nd laptop, kindly please try to plug in the USB cable on different USB ports of the said laptop and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Sorry for the delayed response. I will try your suggestions but i am assuming since the computer does not recognize the internal memory either, it is  not the sd   SanDisk 32 gb  3  V30  HC1.  But stranger things have happened.
Ill post when i figure this out ........thanks for your suggestions.
2021-7-10
Use props
bobhunt
lvl.1
United States

RobZilla Posted at 7-10 06:37
Hi Bob,

What microSD card type/class is the SanDisk? Is it the SanDisk Extreme U3/A2?  Have you tried another microSD card and are the results the same?

Gonna try a different SD. Ill need to get another Micro SD . I'm also going to use a different adaptor .
Also I am using a new laptop and I just looked  to see if my USB port were USB 3 and didn't see a blue tab inside  ( I gotta check the specs it was suppose to have 2 USB 3 and 1 USB 2)
I still think my problem is likely user error which would be the easiest thing to fix.
Thanks for the input........Bob
2021-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

bobhunt Posted at 7-10 14:29
Sorry for the delayed response. I will try your suggestions but i am assuming since the computer does not recognize the internal memory either, it is  not the sd   SanDisk 32 gb  3  V30  HC1.  But stranger things have happened.
Ill post when i figure this out ........thanks for your suggestions.

Thank you for your response. Please keep us posted, Bob once you already try the said troubleshooting. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried using a different cable?
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Or its possible that your sd card is corrupted
2021-7-12
Use props
bobhunt
lvl.1
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-12 04:22
Or its possible that your sd card is corrupted

Ok I did use a different cable (2 in fact) and tried all USB ports. I also reformatted the card in the computer. Full format '
Then I connected everything and took a few still images .  Same result and the images  were on the card when using the built in reader in my computer. It did indicate that the card had errors but it was easily opened , the images were fine and easily downloaded.
I also had another image issue when flying .  when moving the gimble down I sometimes dark blinking image on the iPhone 8 I'm using for the view screen . I'm not sure if it is the phone or not but the recorded image on the card  is fine. Ill know if that's the drone or phone soon since I just got a I pad Mini , just waiting for the adaptor.
When viewing the images or video on the phone the issue is visible so im inclined to think it is something with the transmission to the phone.
Having fun learning to fly this thing ,but I need to figure this stuff out before I go out of warranty.
Thanks for all the suggestions so far........ Bob  
2021-7-13
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bobhunt Posted at 7-13 12:42
Ok I did use a different cable (2 in fact) and tried all USB ports. I also reformatted the card in the computer. Full format '
Then I connected everything and took a few still images .  Same result and the images  were on the card when using the built in reader in my computer. It did indicate that the card had errors but it was easily opened , the images were fine and easily downloaded.
I also had another image issue when flying .  when moving the gimble down I sometimes dark blinking image on the iPhone 8 I'm using for the view screen . I'm not sure if it is the phone or not but the recorded image on the card  is fine. Ill know if that's the drone or phone soon since I just got a I pad Mini , just waiting for the adaptor.

Its probably the card
2021-7-13
Use props
bobhunt
lvl.1
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-13 12:53
Its probably the card

Well I did get another card and the problem persist . I am pretty sure that its the Drone.
As mentioned in the earlier post, the USB port is not recognized so I couldn't even download from the internal memory. And the card in the adapter says it has a problem ..... but then opens OK.
I'll be sending the drone in for warranty service.
I did eliminate a different issue but discovered another "Kit " issue.
I purchased a i pad Mini 2nd gen as my view screen and although it works .....mostly it does display that the CPU is running at maximum , which presented itself with a lag.
When researching joining the Drone community, I spent a lot of time on YouTube there is a lot of info on Tablet & Phone connection for the DJI Fly App but it seems to be a "crapshoot' finding what works
2021-7-21
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bobhunt Posted at 7-21 10:59
Well I did get another card and the problem persist . I am pretty sure that its the Drone.
As mentioned in the earlier post, the USB port is not recognized so I couldn't even download from the internal memory. And the card in the adapter says it has a problem ..... but then opens OK.
I'll be sending the drone in for warranty service.

Its probably best if you get it checked with DJI then
2021-8-11
Use props
bobhunt
lvl.1
United States

Yeah that's what I will do

Flying High today , Just Passed my Part 107 Remote pilot test this morning with a 88% score  After studying, off and on, for a few weeks. But there were a few questions on the new regulations that had answers no where to be found........  Lots of Youtube prep.
2021-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules