Still Cannot Connect
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dustyrose
lvl.1
United States

I tried to use my Phantom 3 Pro, after several months and relocating 2400 miles away. After powering-up both drone and remote-control, and being on the DJI Go app, in the middle of the upper screen it says DISCONNECTED. I'm at me wits end as I've spent several hours attempting to figure this out. Would appreciate any solutions from
those with experience.

Thanks in advance...

2021-7-9
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Hi Dustyrose. It simply means that the drone and RC are not talking to each other. I get it occasionally with my Advanced. What are the status lights on the rear of the drone flashing? When all well should be GREEN - see manual -p page 12
First, try turning it all on, along with whatever you use to run the Go app on. When you get that message, turn the RC OFF and then back ON again. Works for me usually.

If not, try re linking the drone/RC - manual page 28.

2021-7-9
Use props
dustyrose
lvl.1
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 7-9 13:25
Hi Dustyrose. It simply means that the drone and RC are not talking to each other. I get it occasionally with my Advanced. What are the status lights on the rear of the drone flashing? When all well should be GREEN - see manual -p page 12
First, try turning it all on, along with whatever you use to run the Go app on. When you get that message, turn the RC OFF and then back ON again. Works for me usually.

Thanks Cheddar-man,
Offhand I don't recall the color of the status lights on the rear of the drone. Will follow your advice in a few-days, when I'll have time to make another attempt at connecting. Thanks again for taking the time to reply...

Dusty

2021-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific "Disconnected" error message did you see on the app? Is it highlighted in red or grey? If you could provide us a screenshot of the error message that would be very helpful. Also, please make sure that your remote controller is well connected with your aircraft, you may refer to the tutorial link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!  

2021-7-9
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

If it's anything like the one I sometimes get it just says "DISCONNECTED"  white text on a brown background - I think.
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_X9kemcgb1Poa
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-9 19:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific "Disconnected" error message did you see on the app? Is it highlighted in red or grey? If you could provide us a screenshot of the error message that would be very helpful. Also, please make sure that your remote controller is well connected with your aircraft, you may refer to the tutorial link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOJnUidcUk

I am new to this Forum.  I just bought a Mini2.  I charged everything out of box (controller/Drone) and inserted mini SD card.  I can turn on the controller and drone but they do not connect.  I found videos of linking and tried both in app (get error message) and the three button manual approach on controller.  Both controller and drone beep as video indicated but fly app still says no connection.  I think I need to return it or is there another way to get them
To connect?  Have never been able to fly it at all or get firmware updates as I can’t even get to a connection.   What is best thing to do??
2021-7-11
Use props
djiuser_X9kemcgb1Poa
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-9 19:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOJnUidcUk

I am new to this Forum.  I just bought a Mini2.  I charged everything out of box (controller/Drone) and inserted mini SD card.  I can turn on the controller and drone but they do not connect.  I found videos of linking and tried both in app (get error message) and the three button manual approach on controller.  Both controller and drone beep as video indicated but fly app still says no connection.  I think I need to return it or is there another way to get them
To connect?  Have never been able to fly it at all or get firmware updates as I can’t even get to a connection.   What is best thing to do??
2021-7-11
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried reinstalling the app?
2021-7-11
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_X9kemcgb1Poa Posted at 7-11 04:56
I am new to this Forum.  I just bought a Mini2.  I charged everything out of box (controller/Drone) and inserted mini SD card.  I can turn on the controller and drone but they do not connect.  I found videos of linking and tried both in app (get error message) and the three button manual approach on controller.  Both controller and drone beep as video indicated but fly app still says no connection.  I think I need to return it or is there another way to get them

Try reinstalling the app and recharging everything
2021-7-11
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

You are in the wrong part of the Forum - djiuser_X9kemcgb1Po. Start a new thread in the right place and you might get more help.
2021-7-11
Use props
djiuser_X9kemcgb1Poa
New

United States

Thank you for getting back, I have tried all the suggestions.  I get green lights on both controller and drone after turning on and waiting a little bit but they never connect for flight in my DJI Fly app.  Screen shots below of what I see.  I have tried multiple devices too (my iPhone, my wife’s iPhone and my iPad with the fly app and all give me same
Message/error about not being able to connect.  The linking failed message comes after I click the connect button in the control section of the app.
2021-7-11
Use props
djiuser_X9kemcgb1Poa
New

United States

Thank you for getting back, I have tried all the suggestions.  I get green lights on both controller and drone after turning on and waiting a little bit but they never connect for flight in my DJI Fly app.  Screen shots below of what I see.  I have tried multiple devices too (my iPhone, my wife’s iPhone and my iPad with the fly app and all give me same
Message/error about not being able to connect.  The linking failed message comes after I click the connect button in the control section of the app.
2021-7-11
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

You are posting in the WRONG FORUM - this is for the Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced as it says at the top.

Please re post in the right place and you will get more help,
2021-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules