Smart Controller keeps resetting with Mini 2 - BAD!
2136 13 2021-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pixdealer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945981 ft
Italy

My smart controller keeps getting a black screen (looks like reset) and goes to start app screen either mid flight or even on the ground with my Mini 2 occasionally - but on virtually every flight. BOTH Mini 2 and smart controller ARE ON THE LATEST FIRMWARE (obviously, or they would not work together). Sometimes when I press the forward thrust button (right side >> UP) it even jumps into the photo album! It happens randomly and it looks like a bug, but I hate being blacked out for 10 seconds while flying or distracted with album display (lol) - it is obviously potentially quite dangerous. The temperatures are normal, no SD card in controller for cache.
Please advise DJI and/or fix this bug ASAP!!!.

2021-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Could you please try to update/refresh the firmware of your DJI Smart Controller using the DJI Assistant 2 software that needs to be downloaded onto your PC or Mac and check if the issue persists? Please refer to the link below. Also, kindly please provide us the firmware version of your DJI Smart Controller and your DJI Mini 2. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-9
Use props
pixdealer
lvl.1
Italy

Controller: Android 7.1.2. and system 1.1.58
Drone: v01.03.0000
FlySafe: 01.00.01.23
App: 1.4.4
2021-7-9
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Just FYI the download may be labeled 1.4.4 but if you check it should be 1.4.8. A typo, I suppose by DJI.
2021-7-9
Use props
pixdealer
lvl.1
Italy

My DJI Assistant does NOT recognise the smart controller regardless of what I do???
2021-7-9
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

You are using the consumer drone version of the DJI Assistant 2, right?
2021-7-9
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried contacting DJI Customer Support?
2021-7-10
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried contacting DJI Customer Support?
2021-7-10
Use props
pixdealer
lvl.1
Italy

dr6583 Posted at 7-9 23:07
You are using the consumer drone version of the DJI Assistant 2, right?

I had to download the one for Mavic 2 to reapply the firmware upgrade again. Stumbled upon the old problem of full cache of the controller... So difficult to clear the cache simply...
2021-7-10
Use props
pixdealer
lvl.1
Italy

Did the upgrade again, now let us see...
2021-7-10
Use props
pixdealer
lvl.1
Italy

UPGRADED THE FIRMWARE VIA DJI ASSISTANT 2, THE PROBLEM PERSISTS!!!
The upgrade did not help. DJI needs to replace the controller it seems.
2021-7-11
Use props
pixdealer
lvl.1
Italy

So the issue persists even with the update to the latest newest firmware for the smart controller (v01.01.0064) that JUST came out.

It seems that the DJY FLY app crashes yet the drone can still be flown with sticks even on black screen - I got the usual black screen with updated controller once (seems to happen is S mode all the time) and then the app reopened, but on the second crash the promp said that the APP QUIT and it RESET THE HOME POINT!!!!
Were I not an experienced pilot I would have lost the drone due to depleted battery.

I am appealing at you DJI again - this issue is ULTRA DANGEROUS, please tend to this problem immediatelly. THIS IS YOUR SOFTWARE ISSUE, PLEASE DO NOT ENDANGER ANYONE AND FIX IT.
2021-7-13
Use props
pixdealer
lvl.1
Slovenia

Some news for this case.
I have found somebody online that shows how to reinstall the DJI fly app 1.4.8. (Latest build) onto my smart controller as the app cannot be deleted from there. Such information is surely something I would expect to get from DJI, but it is absolutely nowhere to be found on their part so super thankful for good and altruistic individuals who share their knowledge with us.
I have now reinstall the DjI fly app on my smart controller from the safe online downloaded APK and it seems not to be crashing anymore. I wish I would get this solution from DJI in the first go though... A case is still open.
2021-7-27
Use props
Joe_Diver
lvl.2

United States

pixdealer Posted at 7-27 05:45
Some news for this case.
I have found somebody online that shows how to reinstall the DJI fly app 1.4.8. (Latest build) onto my smart controller as the app cannot be deleted from there. Such information is surely something I would expect to get from DJI, but it is absolutely nowhere to be found on their part so super thankful for good and altruistic individuals who share their knowledge with us.
I have now reinstall the DjI fly app on my smart controller from the safe online downloaded APK and it seems not to be crashing anymore. I wish I would get this solution from DJI in the first go though... A case is still open.

Same for me. This is only since the last update I did a few days ago (Dec 23 2021).  I can't figure out what's happening.  
2021-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules