Gimbal Calibration Error 40011
373 9 2021-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GabrielRogd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59898 ft
Greece

Hello everyone. So I have a Mini 2 since 2 weeks ago and today I got a Gimbal Calibration Error out of nowhere. Yesterday was fine. Never crashed or anything. Firmware 01.03.0000. Is there a solution around this or do I have to send it to be repaired?

Edit: My phone is a Poco X3 NFC.
2021-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the calibration again? If it still fails, perform the IMU calibration and restart the aircraft and check if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-10
Use props
GabrielRogd
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-10 02:13
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the calibration again? If it still fails, perform the IMU calibration and restart the aircraft and check if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Didn't fix it...
2021-7-10
Use props
GabrielRogd
lvl.1
Greece

Bumping this thread, hoping to find a workaround for it. Any ideas?

Question: Is this issue covered by DJI's warranty? Is it confirmed to be a defect?
2021-7-11
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

This is such a significant disadvantage that DJI has replaced my drone with a new one under warranty. I caught the error after upgrading the firmware.
2021-7-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your response. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-12
Use props
SaiKo
lvl.1

United States

Another case of Gimbal Calibration Error 40011. I guess it's the firmware which needs to be blamed. I had my drone sent back to DJI for the same issue. The error popped up out of nowhere without any crashes or any abuse to the drone.
2021-7-13
Use props
GabrielRogd
lvl.1
Greece

SaiKo Posted at 7-13 03:07
Another case of Gimbal Calibration Error 40011. I guess it's the firmware which needs to be blamed. I had my drone sent back to DJI for the same issue. The error popped up out of nowhere without any crashes or any abuse to the drone.

Yeah. I cannot even do the video verification in order to buy DJI Care in the future. The gimbal works 100% fine but that error is frustrating. DJI needs to remove that error from their database permanently cuz there's no other choice and the users who complain about it are a lot and most of which have not even crashed their drone.
2021-7-13
Use props
GabrielRogd
lvl.1
Greece

A few days later and after some flights, the error did not go away.

Then I looked closely at the drone's gimbal inside and saw these cables to be twisted and all over the place. Is that the whole cause of it?

Like I said previously I never crashed the drone. I saw this error the next day after activation.

2021-7-20
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

This is the normal orientation of the wiring harness. There is no reason here. The problem is mostly software. I could not fix this problem, but I know how to cause it on a good drone It's best to send the drone for service. You will probably get a new one.
2021-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules