959 20 2021-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, I'm trying to process some camera tracking shots in davinci resolve but unfortunately I'm missing data on the exact sensor size, width x height, inches or millimteres and the real focal lens(not the equivalent one).

Without these data the algorythm can't calculate with precision pixel shifts and traslations resulting in sliding and clipping objects.
I've done some shots with the inspire 2 in the past and never had issues because the sensor size and the focal length are well know.
Does anyone have these sort of infos for the FPV?
2021-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this to our designated team and check if we could provide this information. You may also want to check the image below to see if it helps. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you!

2021-7-10
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-10 20:35
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this to our designated team and check if we could provide this information. You may also want to check the image below to see if it helps. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you!

[view_image]

I checked those info but they don't tell anything about the sensor width and height and the real focal length of the lens (not the 35mm equivalent one). Without these parameters I will never be able to do proper camera tracking in Resolve (or any other editor I guess) with the DJI FPV.
2021-7-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Thirds
2021-7-11
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Woah thanks, that helped, didn't think the sensor was THAT small, no wonders why it struggles with high contrast scenes.
So my calculations say that it's exactly 1/8 of a full frame sensor that means that the equivalent focal lens of 14,66 is a 1,8325 real(14,66 divided by 8).
I'll try this thanks.
2021-7-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-11 08:29
Woah thanks, that helped, didn't think the sensor was THAT small, no wonders why it struggles with high contrast scenes.
So my calculations say that it's exactly 1/8 of a full frame sensor that means that the equivalent focal lens of 14,66 is a 1,8325 real(14,66 divided by 8).
I'll try this thanks.

Good luck and let us know how that works for you.  
2021-7-11
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-11 11:00
Good luck and let us know how that works for you.

It didn't, for some reason those data didn't fix the math. I'm giving up hope.
2021-7-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-11 03:08
I checked those info but they don't tell anything about the sensor width and height and the real focal length of the lens (not the 35mm equivalent one). Without these parameters I will never be able to do proper camera tracking in Resolve (or any other editor I guess) with the DJI FPV.

Thank you for your response. You may try to check the post of Franky on post #4 to see if that helps while we are waiting for the response of our designated team. Thank you for your valued support!
2021-7-12
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-12 02:34
Thank you for your response. You may try to check the post of Franky on post #4 to see if that helps while we are waiting for the response of our designated team. Thank you for your valued support!

I did but it didn't help
Either my calcs are wrong or the origin data is not realistic or maybe the issue is with davinci that can't process accurate tracking with such sensor/lens type. I will contact BlackMagic Design for more info on the subject.
What I know for sure is that it works wonders with the footage coming from the Inspire 2 + Zenmuse x5s and x7
2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-12 02:48
I did but it didn't help
Either my calcs are wrong or the origin data is not realistic or maybe the issue is with davinci that can't process accurate tracking with such sensor/lens type. I will contact BlackMagic Design for more info on the subject.
What I know for sure is that it works wonders with the footage coming from the Inspire 2 + Zenmuse x5s and x7

Thank you for your response. We will keep you posted once we have the specific information. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-16
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 01:40
Thank you for your response. We will keep you posted once we have the specific information. Thank you for your understanding and support!

no info yet? how long does it take to answer 1 simple question?
2021-7-16
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-16 10:24
no info yet? how long does it take to answer 1 simple question?

1/2.3''
that's the information you'll need...

1" is well explained in the internet. So 1/2.3'' can be easily calculated by yourself!!!
2021-7-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 7-17 08:10
1/2.3''
that's the information you'll need...

is the factor by which you have to multiply the length and width of the 1- inch sensor to get the length and width of the sensor used here ...
2021-7-17
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

frankymusik Posted at 7-17 21:47
is the factor by which you have to multiply the length and width of the 1- inch sensor to get the length and width of the sensor used here ...

Thanks very much, but I needed a confirmation about the lens focal length because even with the proper math Davinci was not able to get the correct calculations.
2021-7-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-18 21:37
Thanks very much, but I needed a confirmation about the lens focal length because even with the proper math Davinci was not able to get the correct calculations.

What are you trying to do?  Also if you add EIS, Roll and Distortion Correction that will also change things.
2021-7-19
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 7-19 08:52
What are you trying to do?  Also if you add EIS, Roll and Distortion Correction that will also change things.

That must be why the math is not stacking up. I guess there is no way around that, A video without EIS is unusable. I dont use roll but I could try disabling distortion correction and then do that after the tracking to see if it helps.
Thanks, I honestly forgot about that.Btw i'm trying to track text in a video sequence like this: but this works neat because it's a zenmuse x5s prores video xD without any electronic stabilization or anything else.
2021-7-19
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-19 23:27
That must be why the math is not stacking up. I guess there is no way around that, A video without EIS is unusable. I dont use roll but I could try disabling distortion correction and then do that after the tracking to see if it helps.
Thanks, I honestly forgot about that.Btw i'm trying to track text in a video sequence like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dW92ohMxcM but this works neat because it's a zenmuse x5s prores video xD without any electronic stabilization or anything else.

It came out great, can you show how you did it from scratch w/ a screen recording from OBS?
2021-7-20
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 7-20 07:38
It came out great, can you show how you did it from scratch w/ a screen recording from OBS?

This came out great because it is inspire 2 footage xD.
There are tons of videos on youtube on how to track 3d text, I will link one for you.
2021-7-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-20 12:33
This came out great because it is inspire 2 footage xD.
There are tons of videos on youtube on how to track 3d text, I will link one for you.

Did you do the lighting too to make it look natural or it does it by itself?
2021-7-20
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 7-20 15:43
Did you do the lighting too to make it look natural or it does it by itself?

This is a quick demo, I didn't work much on the lightning at all, i added a couple of lights otherwise it would look totally flat. You can go as deep as you want with ligjts and materials at the cost of rendering time. Here is a tutorial made by someone else on how to make 3d tracking text in Davinci
2021-7-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-21 00:33
This is a quick demo, I didn't work much on the lightning at all, i added a couple of lights otherwise it would look totally flat. You can go as deep as you want with ligjts and materials at the cost of rendering time. Here is a tutorial made by someone else on how to make 3d tracking text in Davinci 3D Tracking Text

Is there any for Premiere Pro?
2021-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules