Best HDR lighting?
679 12 2021-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

What is the best lighting for the HDR video mode on the DJI Mavic Air 2?
2021-7-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Alvara74. Good day and thank you for this inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic Air 2 on the best lighting for the HDR video mode and with regards to this matter as well. Thank you.
2021-7-11
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-11 21:36
Hello there Alvara74. Good day and thank you for this inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic Air 2 on the best lighting for the HDR video mode and with regards to this matter as well. Thank you.

Okay, thanks!
2021-7-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sunset/sunrise….
2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Alvara74. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2021-7-12
Use props
dreamergr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047251 ft
Greece

For HDR to work the most of the sensor in my knowledge is when the light is low or high and you need to capture something dark. So the sensor takes 2-3-5 photos and "enhance" them to create a nice High Dynamic Range (HDR) photo. If you go out and take a picture of Trees on high noon the shadows is going to be very dark. But with HDR there will be less dark and maybe some more detail.
Try HDR with some low ND filters might even give you more.
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dreamergr Posted at 7-12 21:38
For HDR to work the most of the sensor in my knowledge is when the light is low or high and you need to capture something dark. So the sensor takes 2-3-5 photos and "enhance" them to create a nice High Dynamic Range (HDR) photo. If you go out and take a picture of Trees on high noon the shadows is going to be very dark. But with HDR there will be less dark and maybe some more detail.

Ah okay, thanks a lot for that! I didn't know you could use ND Filters while using HDR
2021-7-13
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-12 20:56
Hi there Alvara74. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.  .

Thanks and you too!
2021-7-13
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

dreamergr Posted at 7-12 21:38
For HDR to work the most of the sensor in my knowledge is when the light is low or high and you need to capture something dark. So the sensor takes 2-3-5 photos and "enhance" them to create a nice High Dynamic Range (HDR) photo. If you go out and take a picture of Trees on high noon the shadows is going to be very dark. But with HDR there will be less dark and maybe some more detail.

The question was HDR video, not HDR photo!
2021-7-15
Use props
samualfanny12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787 ft
United States

The DJI Mavic Air 2 has the best HDR lighting when you simply turn it on, regardless the option. This is another reason I purchased the DJI Mavic Air 2.
2021-7-15
Use props
dreamergr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047251 ft
Greece

frankymusik Posted at 7-15 10:19
The question was HDR video, not HDR photo!

Same? The HDR is an option that the drone capture more light from dark places. On the sensor it can track where is dark and tune that to get some more light.
HDR is the option that you ask your sensor to get more light and the software knows what to light up. On photos or video. So that's why  without HDR when you video a sunset the dark places are darker with it on they "fix" themselves.
2021-7-15
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

samualfanny12 Posted at 7-15 11:40
The DJI Mavic Air 2 has the best HDR lighting when you simply turn it on, regardless the option. This is another reason I purchased the DJI Mavic Air 2.

I'm tempted to go buy it right now
2021-7-16
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dreamergr Posted at 7-15 21:51
Same? The HDR is an option that the drone capture more light from dark places. On the sensor it can track where is dark and tune that to get some more light.
HDR is the option that you ask your sensor to get more light and the software knows what to light up. On photos or video. So that's why  without HDR when you video a sunset the dark places are darker with it on they "fix" themselves.

That explains it, thanks dreamergr!
2021-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules