DJI Fly thinks I'm in NYC!
954 5 2021-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

This is the second time I've gone out to enjoy the day and DJI fly spoils it by thinking I'm somewhere I'm not. Both times it's telling me I'm restricted to fly due to a NYY vs either the NY Mets baseball game last week and now the Pittsburgh Pirates. (To my Pirates fans, I'm also a big fan since my childhood hero Roberto Clemente played.)

Anyway, I'm located 30 miles north of NYC when I get this message. What gives DJI?

Has anyone experience anything like this?
https://youtu.be/Icos4jEKVmI

2021-7-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you checked the fly safe map for it?    https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map
2021-7-12
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-12 01:51
Have you checked the fly safe map for it?    https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map

DA, thanks for the suggestion, I don't check the Fly Safe maps since I have yet to leave my Class G airspace area. But what I will do is check the map on the controller just to see if it matches my actual location. I had this same issue occur before and I wrote to DJI that I would delete DJI Fly app and re-install it. That worked for a while but it's back and even after another deletion. Very strange, since I'm so far away from NYC area. If no one else has had this happen then it has to be something simple to fix, I hope.
2021-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cacike47 Posted at 7-12 09:44
DA, thanks for the suggestion, I don't check the Fly Safe maps since I have yet to leave my Class G airspace area. But what I will do is check the map on the controller just to see if it matches my actual location. I had this same issue occur before and I wrote to DJI that I would delete DJI Fly app and re-install it. That worked for a while but it's back and even after another deletion. Very strange, since I'm so far away from NYC area. If no one else has had this happen then it has to be something simple to fix, I hope.

If it was on the fly safe map you can email them about a correction.
2021-7-12
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer

United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-12 09:50
If it was on the fly safe map you can email them about a correction.

I'm hoping someone in DJI will read this and get back with a solution. When I've gone to other locations in "G airspace" I haven't had this problem. I don't have strong enough WiFi access to check the Fly safe map when I go to that location.
I'll send DJI support an email maybe someone will provide some help.
Thanks DAflys
2021-7-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cacike47 Posted at 7-13 16:39
I'm hoping someone in DJI will read this and get back with a solution. When I've gone to other locations in "G airspace" I haven't had this problem. I don't have strong enough WiFi access to check the Fly safe map when I go to that location.
I'll send DJI support an email maybe someone will provide some help.
Thanks DAflys

Theres a special email for geo issues - flysafe@dji.com
2021-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules