710 3 2021-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MotoFish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272858 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

It’s a shame that my first post is not a more positive one. I sent my mini 2 off to be replaced after accidentally hitting a branch and landing in the water.

DJI with all due respect we’re pretty quick with sending out a replacement, within a week. However as you can guess from the title the courier lost the parcel.

I have contacted DJI support and they say they are investigating it. It’s been three weeks now and UPS have admitted liability that they have lost the drone. So I don’t understand how much investigating is needed.

Has anyone got any idea how long this may take?

I can’t understand why they can’t just send out a replacement upon learning that UPS have lost he drone.

Had this been any other company such as Amazon then a replacement would have been sent without delay.

Cheers for reading

Simon
2021-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Might be worth posting this in the Service section,  its more active with DJI staff.
2021-7-12
Use props
MotoFish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272858 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks I’ll give that a go
2021-7-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen this happen before.  DJI had to file a lost item claim for UPS and then wait for it to be finalized by UPS.  At that point DJI sent out a replacement drone via an alternate carrier.  If memory serves me right the poster said it was a 5-6 week process to get the replacement.

If this was Amazon, they would have sent out a replacement as soon as they contacted UPS and UPS confirmed they lost it.  However, DJI appears to not work this way.  Big difference in business culture in US versus Chinese business culture.

2021-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules