What to expect? (Flying in rain)
1609 7 2021-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satchit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1020479 ft
India

Hi there, good day! I was flying my Mavic Mini 2 and then it started raining. I was in the air in the rain for about a minute or so, and on landing the Mavic Mini 2 looked completely drenched. I wiped the hood off and then the arms. After it looked completely dry, I took it out for an indoor flight and saw everything perfectly working fine. Would this flight in the rain cause anymore problems in the future? What to expect?
2021-7-12
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Rain is (almost) like distilled water. Not an expert but since you run it indoors afterwards the airflow should have dried out the residue water. Detach the battery and store the drone in a dry and warm place to evaporate the last possibly parts of water.
2021-7-12
Use props
red_canyon16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Depends on the amount of rain. If it was a lot, I'd let it dry for a couple days and then do  a few short test flights. You'll know if there is something wrong fairly quickly.
2021-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Remove the battery and keep the flap open to help the internals dry out if needed.
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

It is possible that you have lost your warranty. There are several stickers inside the drone that turn from white to red when exposed to water, even in the form of very fine drops. One sticker is visible in the load compartment of the battery. It should be white, circular with black lettering DJI, and taped to the ESC power board.
2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Satchit. Good day and thank you for reaching out.  Just a reminder that the DJI Mavic Mini is not waterproof and with any complicated piece of electronics water saturation can cause shorting and malfunctioning. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-7-12
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I agree with djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg that keeping sealed parts open will better help it to dry without condensation building up.
2021-7-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The soaking can result in failures many weeks in the future. I had a Mini that was probably drenched (shifted internal stickers) and both front motors locked up several weeks after I bought it used. The metal in the motor cores had started to disintegrate and came loose, jamming the motors. At the very least, after thouroughly drying, check the motors for any unusual resistance to turning before every flight from now on.
2021-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules