Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I've had an Osmo Action for quite some time and frankly, because of it's foot print, it's my goto camera for a lot of things. Long story short, it met the end of its life. So I ordered a new one. It was supposed to be delivered 07.03.2021. I got the Care Refresh on both my drones and in the way my old one met it's maker, I thought it would b a good idea for the new one as well. That day came and there was a package delivered, but I noticed that it was a really big box, way too big for an action camera and Fedex just left it on my porch. I brought the package in and sat down on the couch with it and almost opened it and thats when I saw the shipping label. It was not my package. This was address to some lady in Queens New York and I live in Kentucky in the United States. I checked the tracking and it was still showing my new Osmo as being on the truck for delivery. Not knowing exactly how to handle this, I called fedex and was promised an investigation and given a case number for the package that I had and told that someone would call me back later after the investigation. So then I called the shipper that was shown on the label to see what they would want me to do with the package. They were astounded as to how I could have received someones package so many states apart, but at any rate, they collected my information and said they would send me a return shipping label to the email address I gave them and schedule a pickup. After that, checked the tracking again and it said the Osmo had been delivered. Checking the front porch, nothing. So I went about my business wondering what had happened to my Osmo but I had a sneaking suspicion that the lady in New York got my Osmo. I had a grocery store pickup later that evening and that was where I was when I received a phone call from the lady in New York. She had received the return label  instead of me. She told me that she would forward it to me and she did, and that she had also received my camera and that she would take it to her local fedex and give it to them to fix the error they had made. What else could I do besides take her for her word? After talking to her, I called fedex who opened another case with a new case number and again promised a call back after an investigation. I then contacted DJI to see if there was anything they could do which was to contact Fedex. I've been going back and forth with DJI saying they have a case open with Fedex and have to wait for them and the lady in New York saying that she is waiting on fedex to come and pick my Osmo up. I could be wrong, but I thout Fedex pickups where scheduled for a particular time window and date.

But at any rate, its been well over a week now and no news from anyone. I'm starting to get pretty frustrated as I don't seem to have anything I can do or know what to do in this situation. Last email I sent to DJI was to request they get a status from Fedex and try and put some pressure on them as we know where the package went to and if the lady is telling me the truth about waiting for Fedex to pick it up, then go pick it up. There has to be something that can be done to help in this situation.  I know it's technically not DJI's fault for Fedex's mess up, but they are their selected shipper, there should be a relationship there that they can try to do something I would think.

2021-7-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Since you never receievdd it cant you just cancel the order and order another and letbthem sort the mess out.
2021-7-12
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don't know if I can, but if push comes to shove, I will probably try very hard to do so. I just don't want this to be a case of not enough patience on my part.
2021-7-12
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

sorry to hear,   the good thing is the lady has the product,  all she had to do was walk over to a Fed ex box,  now on the other hand can you not start a dispute with the payment you give.  Hope you do get the camera. Fed ex is pretty good if asked  on things.

We are honest people here Lol , we are , keep us all posted
2021-7-12
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I agree, everyone I've dealt with from here has been very honest with me. No issues there. If I have to dispute payment I will, I just don't want to do that and get a refund and then all of a sudden a camera shows up. For the most part, I find Fedex pretty decent delivery service, but they do make their fair share of mistakes. It perplexes me how someone who lives in vastly distant states and receive each others packages though. The lady's order has been taken care of, however I am still without a camera.
2021-7-12
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

An update, I called Fedex prepared for a fight for information. But surprisingly, they gave me information and was very nice about it. They explained that the original case I had with them had been closed and that it was closed because the shipper (DJI) had filed a claim. The Fedex rep I spoke with said that it normally takes 5-7 days to complete a claim as well. So I asked the obvious question, do you have any idea when that will be complete. I could hear her typing on her computer and mumbling dates that did correlate to my timeline of events and then told me that the claim should be complete by tomorrow so hopefully that will happen and DJI can ship out another one for me. Out of curiosity, I did ask if they found out why these two packages got delivered to the wrong people that are so far apart and she told me that she didn't know as that part was still under investigation. I know, I shouldn't worry about things of that sort, but I can't help but wonder what in the world happened!!!
2021-7-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 7-12 15:17
An update, I called Fedex prepared for a fight for information. But surprisingly, they gave me information and was very nice about it. They explained that the original case I had with them had been closed and that it was closed because the shipper (DJI) had filed a claim. The Fedex rep I spoke with said that it normally takes 5-7 days to complete a claim as well. So I asked the obvious question, do you have any idea when that will be complete. I could hear her typing on her computer and mumbling dates that did correlate to my timeline of events and then told me that the claim should be complete by tomorrow so hopefully that will happen and DJI can ship out another one for me. Out of curiosity, I did ask if they found out why these two packages got delivered to the wrong people that are so far apart and she told me that she didn't know as that part was still under investigation. I know, I shouldn't worry about things of that sort, but I can't help but wonder what in the world happened!!!

Jody, a couple of years back a similar situation happened to me.  My package ended up in Texas and I got the Texas package in Florida.  I was able to contact the person in Texas and we both returned our packages to our local Fedex stores and explained the misdelivery.  Within 3 days we both received our own packages.  To this date I have no idea how or why this happened.  I know a couple of Fedex employees and they say this happens more often that you would think.  

Hopefully, you'll receive your OA today.  Keep us posted.  
2021-7-13
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oh I won't be getting my OA today. Fedex has to complete the claim, and that is supposed to happen today. At that point, DJI can either issue me a refund or ship out another one. The last few times I've emailed DJI support, it feels like a canned response. We are waiting on Fedex blah blah blah. I can understand DJI's response, to a point though. Either way, I'll be glad when this is finally sorted. I'm hopeful that it will be.
2021-7-13
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just another update. Seems DJI is dragging their feet. I talked to Fedex day before yesterday and told me that DJI's claim investigation was complete and that I could tell DJI to follow their reimbursement procedures to settle their claim. Which I immediately did. Their response was that they will validate and get back to me in a bit. Two days later, I ask for another update to which DJI says they are still waiting Fedex feedback. Now how is it that Fedex can tell me that they can claim their reimbursement but DJI says they are still waiting on feedback from Fedex? To be honest, I am a pretty patient guy, but I am reaching the end of that rope. I was pretty upset at Fedex for the initial cause of this whole issue, but now I am starting to question DJI's part in this. I mean, really, I'm pretty sure they know they are going to be reimbursed for the camera and care refresh so why not just go ahead and send me a replacement? I think this is pretty poor customer service if you ask me.
2021-7-16
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I really hope someone from DJI is reading this. I still have not received the osmo action that I paid for. This just seems to keep dragging on and on and its well beyond time that DJI does something in my opinion. I'm a pretty patient person, but there is a limit and that limit has almost been reached.
2021-7-20
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just an update. After several times of me telling DJI support that I just wanted a replacement for my order, guess what they did? Yup, you guessed it, gave me a refund so I had to reorder. I waited almost 2 weeks prior to doing so as I was researching other brands of action cameras, but in the end, I already have a bunch of accessories for the osmo action so I didn't really want to start over in that area. To further add to it, my latest attempt at ordering an Osmo Action left me neglecting to check the box for Signature Required. So I jumped on chat only to find out they can't add that after the order is placed. I don't quite understand that as they stated it was for security reasons. I'm wanting to add security to the delivery not take it away.... I'm left scratching my head as to the level of support that DJI is actually capable of.
2021-7-30
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

happy for you,  problem with online vs brick stores, you have the camera right away.
2021-7-30
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Very true Fishycomics. But I have dealt with plenty of other online retailers, while I've not had very many issues over the years, I can say I've never had to wait so long for a resolution. It just feels like DJI doesn't trust its customers and I'm sure they get their fair share of shady ones. In my case I offered every bit of evidence as to what happened to the package that was to be delivered to me and everything and still had to wait as long as I did. Only thing I could have done different was to drive a straight 10.5 hours and knocked on the womans door and asked for it personally. I'm just glad to have this experience behind me and hope that this one will get delivered correctly.
2021-7-30
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I feel that this is a Company that when you buy from, is not based in the North America region, but overseas, and when you look at your statement, it should say from who (Smiles. I recall in May of 2019 I returned my 1st OA for personal reasons, and the refund process was not the next day but 14-days, and every single item had to be accounted for by a serial number system.  And shipping was not free.  
The return started when it was at DJI, in Kentucky, I  believe not at the check-in of the post office.

So yes yours was a totally different ordeal,  wound up at the wrong doorsteps, whee as soon as the FedEx picked up, the next day that camera should have gone out to you than weeks later.  I guess this is how things have worked for years.  and still not have improved.   Just happy you are with a Happy ending, thank you for listening. DJI could have offeered  you a 10% discount , the least
2021-7-30
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Funny thing is, the woman in NY still has the package. According to her, Fedex has no attempt to pick it up. When she took it to her local fedex, it was an express place and told her she should take it to fedex ground which she said she didn't know where one was. Last communication I had with her was "Still waiting on Fedex". I replied to that message with an offer to send the money it would take to send it to me via USPS Priority Express mail and got no response. I maybe wrong, but I have a feeling that Fedex may never show up there.
2021-7-30
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

As it would been nice for the Staff to stop on by, they did not, that shows minimal Support to anyones issue on this site
2021-7-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I agree Fishycomics, not just here on this site, but all around. Maybe I'm being too hard on them or perhaps not. In the end, I eventually came back around to DJI's product though. I do think it's a decent product but I know if I'm getting this level of support, then there are others as well.
2021-7-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I finally received my new Osmo Action yesterday. Everything is as the old one was minus the broken part, lol. With the old one being out of warranty, I've actually started digging into it to see if I can repair it, that would be cool if I could!!
2021-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules