Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Smart Controller Firmware Released (04/11/2024)
123Next >
38665 114 2021-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BesfCMB4M2kp
New

United Kingdom

THX FOR SHARING
2021-7-23
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

lsarribanca Posted at 7-23 05:35
In this flight no issues at all. Check the distance, no lagging.[view_image]

Thanks for sharing.
2021-7-23
Use props
djiuser_b794LfW25s8x
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55768 ft
Italy

I risked crashing the Mavic 2 Pro after this update.

The SC have lost the signal and there is no way to restore it, in the first case the drone did not even activate the RTH procedure, luckily it was not far away and responded to the commands and I made it land. I had to turn the Drone and SC off and on again otherwise it would not link.

In the second episode the drone was no longer responding to commands, I had to turn the SC off and on again and fortunately it started working again.

I risked crashing the drone twice after this update, also putting people in danger, as the fall would be uncontrolled.

How can I go back to the previous firmware? It is not possible to do this on DJI Assistant.
2021-7-24
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_b794LfW25s8x Posted at 7-24 15:25
I risked crashing the Mavic 2 Pro after this update.

The SC have lost the signal and there is no way to restore it, in the first case the drone did not even activate the RTH procedure, luckily it was not far away and responded to the commands and I made it land. I had to turn the Drone and SC off and on again otherwise it would not link.

Update through the PC.
2021-7-24
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

dr6583 Posted at 7-22 18:15
Hi GeoDrone4K,

How is the signal (range) and any lag with the A2S?  Thanks.

Hi,
Is the same bugs as before, nothing changed...
At 1.5km the SC is red in signal, there is lag when you re-pair aircraft with remote, the custom mode sticks still not working...

The message is a joke at DJI Stephen address and all like him that lie to us in our face that bugs will be fixed...
Still, after 3 versions of FLY and 2 FW updates, same bugs...

INCOMPETENTS !!!!!! That is what defines DJI TEAM...100%
2021-7-25
Use props
Raven850
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Greece

All these clowns losing their husbands, pi66 off, cant blame them in the first place for leaving if your lives consist of posting this ...e on unrelated forums, now go cuddle up to your sucker husband.
2021-7-25
Use props
vgphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55768 ft
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 7-24 17:32
Update through the PC.

Is all updated, for downgrade DJi assistant 2 not show old firmwares for the SC
2021-7-25
Use props
straks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1523573 ft
Austria

vgphoto Posted at 7-25 15:54
Is all updated, for downgrade DJi assistant 2 not show old firmwares for the SC

Is there something new about Mode 4 with the SC and Fly App ?

Only my Mavic 2 Pro works in Mode 4 with GO 4 App, with my Mini 2, Air 2 and Air 2s its not possible to use Mode 4 with the Fly App on SC, with RC-N1 controller there are no problems.
2021-7-26
Use props
coldfire22x
lvl.2

United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 7-22 04:19
The last firmware fixed following bugs:
1. Signal is increased with 50%
2. No more black screen or FLY restart on SC

Custom stick mode works for you?  Didn't work for me with the bundled 1.4.2 or when I updated to 1.4.8 :/
2021-7-26
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Colin Watts Posted at 7-18 13:25
I have just tried to do the update and it has stopped at 98% and will not now do anything else.  Completely locked in the update process.  So what do I do now??

Update via DJI Assistant 2. Mine went fine with no issues.
2021-7-26
Use props
straks
lvl.3
Austria

coldfire22x Posted at 7-26 15:47
Custom stick mode works for you?  Didn't work for me with the bundled 1.4.2 or when I updated to 1.4.8 :/

RC-N1 controller with Smartphone and Fly App custom stick mode works well.
Smart controller with Fly App custom stick mode does not work (Why not ? - seems to be a bug).
Smart controller with GO 4 App custom stick mode also works well.

Always with newest version:
Fly App 1.4.8
GO 4 App 4.3.42

2021-7-26
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

straks Posted at 7-26 21:46
RC-N1 controller with Smartphone and Fly App custom stick mode works well.
Smart controller with Fly App custom stick mode does not work (Why not ? - seems to be a bug).
Smart controller with GO 4 App custom stick mode also works well.

In FLY will not work.
DJI Holland just confirmed that there is not possible to get this bug fixed in DJI FLY with SC.
2021-7-28
Use props
mmarquez93
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27897 ft
Canada

Sold my Mavic 2 Pro because I couldn’t fly it enough due to my city & suburbs being almost entirely NFZ.  Bought a Mini 2 and wanted to get the Smart Controller.  Don’t plan on adding any apps except maybe Litchi.  How has the Smart Controller been with the Mini 2?  Any lag?  Disconnections?
2021-7-28
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

lsarribanca Posted at 7-23 05:35
In this flight no issues at all. Check the distance, no lagging.[view_image]

Nice shots.  I noticed your flight path took you mostly over water so not much in the way of interference.  My area is mostly woods and crop fields and I do get some lag with the A2S even with the stock RC depending on which direction I go.  I have noticed shortened range for some reason the last few days.  I can be less than 2000 ft out and my signal strength bars will all turn red and although I can still see the video it may lag somewhat.  Today I was about 2500 ft out when it lost connection completely and initiated RTH.  This is disappointing considered I have flown the same drone farther with more stable signal and video feed in the past.  The only thing that's really changed is a couple of firmware updates.

These sound a lot like the same type of range and lag issues many have reported with the SC and the A2S.  I'm starting to think maybe I should get one.  At worse, it lags and has limited range (like my current setup is doing) or at best I could have results like you.
2021-7-28
Use props
straks
lvl.3
Austria

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 7-28 02:29
In FLY will not work.
DJI Holland just confirmed that there is not possible to get this bug fixed in DJI FLY with SC.

I'm very sad about this !

After some tries I got mode 4 (custom modes) working in the FLY App on SC, but after starting (auto start) I recogniced that all functions are reversed (stick up - Air 2 went down, stick right - Air 2 went left, and so on ....).
Auto landing saved the Air 2.

I can really NOT understand why DJI ist not able to fix this bug:
They develop such great software like GO 4 App and FLY App, and it works great and stable, but this small bug cannot be fixed ?
There are many pilots who use mode 4, but they will be excluded from the great products of DJI.

2021-7-28
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

mmarquez93 Posted at 7-28 09:21
Sold my Mavic 2 Pro because I couldn’t fly it enough due to my city & suburbs being almost entirely NFZ.  Bought a Mini 2 and wanted to get the Smart Controller.  Don’t plan on adding any apps except maybe Litchi.  How has the Smart Controller been with the Mini 2?  Any lag?  Disconnections?

The Mini 2 works fine with the SC. However, currently Litchi does not support the Mini 2.
2021-8-1
Use props
djiuser_ukbxNYxWytu3
New

United States

I have tried to update my smart controller 6 times now.  It fails and DJI support is of no help.  I set the screen to never sleep.  I factory reset the controller and it still fails.  I have a new Mavic Air 2 S that I cant fly.  When I try to download the DJI assistant 2 onto my mac, it says that it is not from a trusted source and will not load.  DJI's support is crap!
2021-8-5
Use props
straks
lvl.3
Austria

djiuser_ukbxNYxWytu3 Posted at 8-5 17:09
I have tried to update my smart controller 6 times now.  It fails and DJI support is of no help.  I set the screen to never sleep.  I factory reset the controller and it still fails.  I have a new Mavic Air 2 S that I cant fly.  When I try to download the DJI assistant 2 onto my mac, it says that it is not from a trusted source and will not load.  DJI's support is crap!

Try to update your SC directly over connecting it to your local WLAN, you only have to enter the password of your router, so Assistant 2 is not necessary.
2021-8-5
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

I have tried to update my smart controller 6 times now.  It fails and DJI support is of no help.  I set the screen to never sleep.  I factory reset the controller and it still fails.  I have a new Mavic Air 2 S that I cant fly.  When I try to download the DJI assistant 2 onto my mac, it says that it is not from a trusted source and will not load.  DJI's support is crap!

Apple-->System Preferences-->Security and Privacy-->General

Look for anything asking you to run the software from the untrusted source.
2021-8-5
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

I have an Air 2S.  Which version of the DJI Assistant 2 do I need, the one for Mavic?  The regular one?  The one for consumer drone series?  Thanks.
Edit--  After research I found for the A2S its the consumer drone series, V2.1.5.
2021-8-5
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 7-25 01:49
Hi,
Is the same bugs as before, nothing changed...
At 1.5km the SC is red in signal, there is lag when you re-pair aircraft with remote, the custom mode sticks still not working...

I have to agree.  The range with the SC and my A2S is less than the range with the RC.  At a little over 1000 ft. today (that's only 300 m) the signal bars turned red and flashed.  I managed to get the signal back by adjusting the antenna, but really?  At less than 2000 ft flying another direction the signal dropped completely.  I don't think RTH automatically engaged.  When I flew the drone a little closer towards me it re-established the connection with the SC but there was no indication that RTH was ever initiated, and I waited for it before taking manual control to give it time to get close enough to re-establish the connection, but it never did.

There were also lag issues, some happening as close as 1000-2000 ft.

The current firmware combination for the SC/A2S just doesn't seem to work well at all.  I updated the firmware on the SC using the DJI Assistant 2 as instructed here.  I chose the latest version ending .64.  I'm wondering if a previous version would work better.  Does anyone have a good firmware version known to work well with the A2S?  The DJI Assistant 2 allows for installation of previous firmware versions.

Also, does anyone here use the AlienTec antenna mod on the SC?  PM me if you want.
2021-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for the difficulties you experienced and the belated reply. May we know if there is an error message when the update failed? Could you please provide a screenshot to us for further confirmation?
For installing the DJI Assistant 2, if the reminder pops up when you install the application, as long as you install the software from our official website https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic, you can Go to Security & Privacy, Click the Open Anyway button in the General pane to confirm your intent to open or install the app. See if this helps.
2021-8-13
Use props
djiuser_14bmFQBM1l7U
New

United States

Andrews Imagery Posted at 7-13 12:28
I can't tell you how sick I am of receiving the dreaded "insufficient memory available, cannot update"   I'm currently using 7.68gb  of 11.24gb, which according to my math is 3.56..  Which is greater than 3gb. Tell me again why I spent so much money on this controller?

Dude i thought i was going crazy! I was starting think I got some knock off version.  Is there any hope insight? From day one my memory have been maxed out.  I have know idea how many times I've wiped the thing.
2021-9-10
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

Please update on the autonomous mission (waypoints) for the dji mini 2.
2021-9-12
Use props
susanhedstrom70
lvl.1

United States

Life has not been easy with me after my marriage was broken when my husband filled for a divorced but I thank God for using LORD ZAKUZA who's like a God on Earth to get my broken marriage restored with his powerful spell. I suffered for depression for 6 months but today, I am so happy for getting to know LORD ZAKUZA for his spell has really made me to believe that of a truth spells are real and they work. I adhered to every bit of instructions given to me by LORD ZAKUZA for he promised me that he will make me happy and proud and really, all that happened and my husband came back to me with his knees on the ground begging me for forgiveness within 48 hours after I got in touch with him and now we are perfectly bonded again for life. I can boldly say to everyone out there that LORD ZAKUZA spells is really the best and most powerful. I'm forever grateful to him till the end of time. So, you can get connected with him on Email via: Lordzakuza7@gmail.com or WhatsApp with this number +1 (740) 573-9483.
2021-9-15
Use props
KTM80PT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 743235 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone confirm if the orientation indicator has been fixed? For well over a year the handset direction has been 90d out when pointing at the drone
image shows drone looking at me & handset to drone, yet the indicator on map is incorrect.
2021-9-21
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

KTM80PT Posted at 9-21 09:56
Anyone confirm if the orientation indicator has been fixed? For well over a year the handset direction has been 90d out when pointing at the drone
image shows drone looking at me & handset to drone, yet the indicator on map is incorrect.
[view_image]

I don't have that problem with my SC. Did you calibrate the compass of the SC?
2021-9-22
Use props
KTM80PT
lvl.3
United Kingdom

MeAtHome Posted at 9-22 04:32
I don't have that problem with my SC. Did you calibrate the compass of the SC?

Yes, several times and after each update.
It is a problem with the fly app, as I ran a compass app and that points in the correct direction (say north for example) yet the fly app would show pointing east.

I have not updated yet to the latest firmware/app. But I have had this issue for nearly 1 year on the controller- it used to be ok.
68D8D82C-1BA7-47D3-A255-2A7A13BE39E1.jpeg
2021-9-22
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Fly App on Smart Controller is still 90 degrees off.  Not sure why they can't get this fixed after all this time.
2021-9-23
Use props
KTM80PT
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JEZ2 Posted at 9-23 11:00
Fly App on Smart Controller is still 90 degrees off.  Not sure why they can't get this fixed after all this time.

sent another report to dji, with photos, and explained the controller compass is ok its somewhere when the app gets the direction and code is slightly wrong. fingers crossed.
2021-9-24
Use props
ericco inertial
New

China

that is great
2021-9-25
Use props
SNASH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301230 ft

United States

Update went smooth. Thank you
2021-10-4
Use props
Raw_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1494190 ft
United States

much appreciated
2021-10-10
Use props
ruthbreen465
New

Nigeria

It still feels incredible that my life has changed and I thank Lord Zakuza everyday for his help. It is the best feeling in the world knowing that I am financially secure. Lord Zakuza prayed and prepared a lottery spell for me and he gave me some numbers to play on the Euromillions game. I played the game and I was sent an email after 3  days regarding that I was the winner of ONE MILLION POUNDS. So I rang them up and they confirmed that I was the very lucky one to have won on the EuroMillions Raffle draw. I was shocked, surprised and couldn't believe what my eyes saw and what my ears were earing  and I stopped work at where I was a working as a midwife and ever since then, I have been winning in every game I played whenever I decide to. My life and that of my family has changed ever since that day and I want to say a very big thank you to Lord Zakuza. WhatsApp him for help via +1 (740) 573-9483 or email: ( lordzakuza7 @ gmail. com ) or visit his website on: lordzakuzaspells.com
2021-10-20
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

ruthbreen465 Posted at 10-20 17:57
It still feels incredible that my life has changed and I thank Lord Zakuza everyday for his help. It is the best feeling in the world knowing that I am financially secure. Lord Zakuza prayed and prepared a lottery spell for me and he gave me some numbers to play on the Euromillions game. I played the game and I was sent an email after 3  days regarding that I was the winner of ONE MILLION POUNDS. So I rang them up and they confirmed that I was the very lucky one to have won on the EuroMillions Raffle draw. I was shocked, surprised and couldn't believe what my eyes saw and what my ears were earing  and I stopped work at where I was a working as a midwife and ever since then, I have been winning in every game I played whenever I decide to. My life and that of my family has changed ever since that day and I want to say a very big thank you to Lord Zakuza. WhatsApp him for help via +1 (740) 573-9483 or email: ( lordzakuza7 @ gmail. com ) or visit his website on: lordzakuzaspells.com

Of course, after you did a handjxxx to Lord Yakuza, he told you how stupid you are and that Santa Claus does not exist...
2021-11-2
Use props
djiuser_Hlfcbw2HIwPK
New
France

Est ce qu'une vrersion en Français est prévu ?
2021-11-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

KTM80PT Posted at 9-22 09:20
Yes, several times and after each update.
It is a problem with the fly app, as I ran a compass app and that points in the correct direction (say north for example) yet the fly app would show pointing east.

maybe you are doing the compass calibration wrong, maybe you should change whatever you did to something you've never done before then let us know if it is fixed
2021-11-2
Use props
KTM80PT
lvl.3
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 11-2 16:29
maybe you are doing the compass calibration wrong, maybe you should change whatever you did to something you've never done before then let us know if it is fixed

Compass calibration, is completed correctly.
Just a question- are you using the smart controller? If so sen a photo please of the screen with the controller pointed at the drone (10m away or so) so we can compare orientation.

Just to inform you as well dji engineers are aware of this Issue that the fly app does not translate the actual smart controller handset direction correctly.

And the way to get it working would be to use a year old version of the app. You think that’s reasonable
2021-11-4
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7006224 ft

United States

I can confirm compass calibration is NOT fixed for some of us.

If I rock the controller slowly as the video suggests, it fails 100% of the time. If I rock the controller violently, it passes before I finish the first tilt - but the compass points east, not north.

Also - using the DJI Fly app, the compass is always off at least 20 degrees, sometimes as much as 90 degrees.

Here's my evidence things are messed up: look close at the first image - the blue dot arrow is greenish against the white north indicator - but the arrow points sideways. The next two images show the blue dot arrow more clearly. The second image, I am almost due orth of the drone. Note the blue dot arrow pointed away from the drone when it should be pointed at the drone. I've found most DJI tech support people do not understand how the attitude/compass indicator should work. Several have said there is no blue dot arrow. lol.

ps: I can add that I think the color change of the blue dot arrow is correct - it turns greenish when the controller is pointed at the drone, blue or pink when the controller is pointed away from the drobe.
2021-11-17
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7006224 ft

United States

eEridani Posted at 11-17 10:30
I can confirm compass calibration is NOT fixed for some of us.

If I rock the controller slowly as the video suggests, it fails 100% of the time. If I rock the controller violently, it passes before I finish the first tilt - but the compass points east, not north.

And - here's  a compass app on my SC, controller pointed north:
2021-11-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules