Camera reverts to Photo Mode after using RS2 to stop recording.
2039 10 2021-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xtillius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1003714 ft
Australia

I have my RS2 connected to my EOS R via MCC cable. But every time I record a video (using the record button on the RS2) and then stop the recording (using the same button) the camera switches over to photo mode.
I've checked through the menus on the camera, but I can't find anything that could affect this.

Please help!

2021-7-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, we are sorry for the problem you have encountered. To help you solve the said problem, could you record the issue and send the video to us for better assistance? You may send it to GoogleDrive or Dropbox and share an open link with us. Thanks for your response.
2021-7-13
Use props
Xtillius
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 7-13 23:41
Hi there, we are sorry for the problem you have encountered. To help you solve the said problem, could you record the issue and send the video to us for better assistance? You may send it to GoogleDrive or Dropbox and share an open link with us. Thanks for your response.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyDoXPJC9TNdIObNMuDVOcF7hfbGD2B7/view?usp=sharing

Hope this helps.
Thanks
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_USdHjDcFh0JI
New
Serbia

I have the same problem on my eos t7i, before the installation of the new firmware everything worked properly.
I'm hoping for a quick fix.
2021-7-17
Use props
Fekka
New
New Zealand

I'm having the same issue. Only happens when I use the RS2 record button with the MCC cable. Latest firmware - 01.04.00.00.

If I push video record on my EOS R camera and stop recording, it stays at the video mode I started recording with, ie normal behavior. I don't have this issue using my RONIN-S, so it must be something to do with the RS2 firmware for Canon EOS R.

I'm also hoping for a quick fix!
Thanks
2021-7-26
Use props
DJI-RS PM 铁匠
lvl.2

Hong Kong

I'm sorry for this bug. We'll fix it as soon as possible. You can downgrade to the previous firmware version for Fix this problem temporarily
2021-7-26
Use props
CCadkin
New

United States

Just signed up for an account here to try to report the same thing after doing a bunch of research and coming up with nothing. I'll downgrade now and see if it fixes the problem.
BTW: Also using a Canon EOS R.
2021-7-27
Use props
Wacko_66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 216778 ft
United Kingdom

Thank God for that - thought it was just me!

Also EOS R. Latest firmware on everything. Same issue - using RSC2 record button to stop recording, camera goes back to photo mode.

How do I downgrade the RSC2 firmware?
2021-8-4
Use props
Wacko_66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 216778 ft
United Kingdom

For anyone wondering how to downgrade:

"Hi there, we are sorry to read about the problem you have encountered. If you need to downgrade the firmware, please follow the steps below:
Please connect your mobile with RSC 2 and open the Ronin App within a stable internet condition. Click on the list in the upper left corner to enter the "About" page, click on the firmware version, press and hold the text of the firmware version for 5 seconds in "Firmware version", and then you can choose the version which you wish to downgrade to. By the way, please make sure your RSC 2 has at least 20% of battery when you download the firmware. Thank you."
2021-8-5
Use props
Xtillius
lvl.1
Australia

Wacko_66 Posted at 8-5 02:04
For anyone wondering how to downgrade:

"Hi there, we are sorry to read about the problem you have encountered. If you need to downgrade the firmware, please follow the steps below:

Downgraded firmware, seems to fix it.
2021-8-17
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

new firmware should resolve this issue:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=248176
2021-8-17
Use props