822 9 2021-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As per thread title I received my new Combo today to find it hasn't had its drone firmware updated to recognise the Smart controller.
The instructions i received from the retailer, authorised dealer D1 Store here in Australia, was to update it using the DJI Assistant 2, which luckily I have. I don't know what would happen if a customer didn't have it. I assumed that pairing to controllers was done by DJI before being packaged. It has in the past but this is a special Combo of course.
In any case the drone isn't recogised by Assistant at all. I know the software works because my other drones are recognised.
I'm hoping to talk to a tech tomorrow but have a feeling the drone will be going back.
BTW my Mavic 2 Zoom pairs with the controller just fine.

2021-7-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you sound competent like you know what you are doing (with the equipment) plus you're on this forum (for help).  pretty sure you can make it work.
2021-7-13
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 7-13 06:23
you sound competent like you know what you are doing (with the equipment) plus you're on this forum (for help).  pretty sure you can make it work.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but if the tools provided don't do the job it isn't possible. Wish I were a magician, but I'm not ;-)
2021-7-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

"but this is a special Combo of course."

what kind of special combo is that?  are they selling a mini2 with sc bundled together down under?

do you have the regular remote for the mini2?

customers who receive old inventory that doesn't contain the latest sw version should follow the universal instructions for almost all electronics:  update to the latest and most current version.

btw, my mini2 and sc work great!  it's like flying a new drone.

if assistance isn't working for you, just update the sw like you normally would with a regular remote controller and mobile phone.
2021-7-13
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Iman,

1. Download and install the Assistant 2 (for consumer series drones) from the DJI webside https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads
    There are 2 different assistant 2's. The one you use for the SC, Mavic 2, etc. That one doesn't work with the Mini2 and vice versa. You can install both versions of the assistent on the same device. So keep the one you use for the SC on your computer.

2. Start the Mini 2 before you connect it with the USB cable, otherwise it isn't recognised.

3. Unfortunatly the Assistant 2 (for consumer series drones) doesn't show the option to update firmware, you only have logs. Check out this video first.

Wish you success !
And I'm surprised you got the Mini 2 and the SC in a combo. Always see them sold seperatly.
2021-7-13
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

JohnDG Posted at 7-13 14:45
Hi Iman,

1. Download and install the Assistant 2 (for consumer series drones) from the DJI webside https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

Thanks, up and flying now.
I bought the Combo on special which means I now have two drones that can use the Smart Controller and i got it at a much lower price than retail.
2021-7-13
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Iman_Oldie Posted at 7-13 16:32
Thanks, up and flying now.
I bought the Combo on special which means I now have two drones that can use the Smart Controller and i got it at a much lower price than retail.

good you get your mini 2 up into the sky

I'm flying a M2P and mini 2 with the Sc

Have a good flight.
2021-7-13
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

JohnDG Posted at 7-13 18:44
good you get your mini 2 up into the sky

I'm flying a M2P and mini 2 with the Sc

Mini 2 and M2Zoom :-)
Love the controller. Pity it doesn't support earlier models like the Mavic Air and Mavic Pro. I have them as well.
2021-7-13
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Iman_Oldie Posted at 7-13 19:05
Mini 2 and M2Zoom :-)
Love the controller. Pity it doesn't support earlier models like the Mavic Air and Mavic Pro. I have them as well.

I sold off my Mavic Pro when buying the Mavic 2 pro with an SC. I had some problems with the usb connector to my phone with the Mavic pro. For connection problems between controller and phone a brighter display and a better sensor, I bought the M2P instead with the SC. No extra connection between controller and phone.
I use the drone mostly for landscape photographing.
2021-7-13
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

JohnDG Posted at 7-13 20:07
I sold off my Mavic Pro when buying the Mavic 2 pro with an SC. I had some problems with the usb connector to my phone with the Mavic pro. For connection problems between controller and phone a brighter display and a better sensor, I bought the M2P instead with the SC. No extra connection between controller and phone.
I use the drone mostly for landscape photographing.

I bought a refurbished iPad Mini 2 years ago just for flying and even though it is old now I haven't had any problems. The large screen is great and just fits in the controllers snugly.
Strangely, I haven't done a great deal of drone photography even though I do a lot of still photography on my DSLR. I just love flying them :-)
I do most video footage on an Osmo Pocket.
2021-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules