Memory failed in DJI Air 2S
2944 9 2021-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VUE8wAQp7Yae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204049 ft
United States

Suddenly the Air 2S reported not enough storage.  Im trying to potentially fix the drone without the downtime of a warranty return repair/replacement.  Here is what's been done:

1) When looking at the SD storage via the Fly App, the SD card was not present or "No SD Card" and the 'Internal Storage" showed Chinese writing which I've not seen before (see the picture, I believe corrupted).
2)  When trying to format the "Internal Storage" from the Fly App I get the message, "Formatting Failed..........contact DJI Support".
3)  Ive tried 3 different SD cards, formatted them with Windows and still no card recognized by the drone.

4)  When connected the drone via USB to windows I do see the SD card but the Internal Storage while displayed, when access provided the message "You need to format the disk drive before you can use it".
5)  Powered everything down/up, a few times, changed Drone battery all with no success

6)  Looked at reinstalled the Air 2S firmware but that is not available.

So one thing I have not tried is reformat the internal storage?

Should I try to do the above and do you have any additional ideas.

Thank you.  

20210713_152501 (Medium).jpg
2021-7-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your post has some conflict in the description. You say you have tried to format the internal storage but then you say you have not. Did you mean that you tried to format the SD card or are you referring to different methods of formating internal storage (app versus pc) ?

In any case, this sounds like a warranty issue.

2021-7-13
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try reinstalling the app, it is the first thing that DJI will want you to try anyway.
2021-7-13
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

4)  When connected the drone via USB to windows I do see the SD card but the Internal Storage while displayed, when access provided the message "You need to format the disk drive before you can use it".

Try format on Windows
2021-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device and can you also please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/air-2s/downloads ) to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.
2021-7-13
Use props
djiuser_VUE8wAQp7Yae
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 7-13 18:51
Your post has some conflict in the description. You say you have tried to format the internal storage but then you say you have not. Did you mean that you tried to format the SD card or are you referring to different methods of formating internal storage (app versus pc) ?

In any case, this sounds like a warranty issue.

thanks,
WIndows could not read the internal storage and I DID NOT format with Windows.  I didn't think that was a good idea and was not one of the procedures DJI support offered.
I did attempt to format the internal storage using the Fly app but it gave a failure message.

I think unfortunately is a warranty issue as well.
2021-7-13
Use props
djiuser_VUE8wAQp7Yae
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-13 19:57
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device and can you also please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/air-2s/downloads ) to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.

Well color me shocked.....it worked!    I reinstalled the DJI Fly app  (I did not change the phone) and now I see both the SD and the Internal Storage.  I would have bet money the app had nothing to do with it since windows could not see the Internal Storage via the USB interface.  This saved me a lot of trouble....thanks so much!
2021-7-13
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

djiuser_VUE8wAQp7Yae Posted at 7-13 21:19
Well color me shocked.....it worked!    I reinstalled the DJI Fly app  (I did not change the phone) and now I see both the SD and the Internal Storage.  I would have bet money the app had nothing to do with it since windows could not see the Internal Storage via the USB interface.  This saved me a lot of trouble....thanks so much!

Glad you got it working!
2021-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_VUE8wAQp7Yae Posted at 7-13 21:19

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and it is great to know that the said issue was rectified. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. .
2021-7-15
Use props
djiuser_mZSXAycKo6WB
New

Ghana

I have a similar issue. I have Air 2S. I formatted the internal storage on my Mac and renamed it. I thought I could do that so that I can easily recognize which storage is my drone. After doing that I can’t access internal storage anymore. It doesn’t show when I comment to my Mac and on the Dji app on my phone it says internal storage unavailable. How can I fix this?
2022-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules