Controls unresponsive during landing
371 1 2021-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmerhar
lvl.1

Netherlands

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching first and couldn't find any mention of the issue I'm having.

It's happened twice now that the controls on my Mavic Pro 2 became completely unresponsive while landing (after commencing "slide to land"). Both times I was landing in a tight space where it was very important that I keep control of the drone in order to land it safely. The first time it happened I regained control after a few terrifying seconds. The second time the drone started drifting to the side on its own accord and crashed into an obstacle as a result. It didn't respond to any controls during this time, even though both the controler and the phone had a good connection to the drone at all times. The drone was a metre away from me when it happened.

Is this some sort of "smart" automatic obstacle avoidance preventing me from avoiding obstacles manually myself? If so, can I somehow turn it off or make sure that manual controls always override it?
2021-7-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe my M2p reports that obstacle avoidance is disabled during landing. But I am not sure if that is a setup option. It's new to me ;-) So far, no problems landing, including the close confines of my boat.
2021-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules