Computer remote control software (Quadriplegic in need!)
929 7 2021-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PatricioEscobar
lvl.1

Colombia

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find a way to control my camera without using my hands. I have a head mouse Quha) which makes it easy for me to control any software on my computer (MAC). So doing a little bit of research I found the Ronin gimbals has a way to control camera movements, focus, zoom etc. remotely. However, I have yet to find an integration between the Ronins' and a computer software which lets me control all these parameters. At the moment I use the Sony imaging software which lets me record video and photo, plus change focus, F stop, shutter speed etc., however, I cannot point my camera to where I wanted it to shoot and I rely on people to do that for me.
My vision is to be autonomous taking photos and videos even though I cannot move my hands. Any help pointing me to the right direction would be really appreciate it.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 9.15.22.jpg
2021-7-14
Use props
Zott1k
New

Ukraine

Not about software, but systems looks so good!)
2021-7-26
Use props
DJI-RS PM 铁匠
lvl.2

Hong Kong

hello ,you can see this  
2021-7-27
Use props
PatricioEscobar
lvl.1

Colombia

Yes, has anyone made the development?
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI-RS PM 铁匠
lvl.2

Hong Kong

PatricioEscobar Posted at 7-27 05:09
Yes, has anyone made the development?

I know that some companies have used this SDK for customized development of RS2, but there is no project of your application at present
2021-7-27
Use props
PatricioEscobar
lvl.1

Colombia

Hi guys, any updates on this? Now that the RS3 pro is out is there maybe some light on how to control the DJI Ronin using my computer?
2022-6-15
Use props
starphan
New

Japan

Also interested in this. Currently using a RONIN S, which can apparently only be controlled remotely via a smartphone app with bluetooth- this leads to the signal cutting out in certain environments. So I'm looking at the DJI RS 2, but is it really capable of allowing me to control remotely via a LAN connection or other means with low latency, high range and high signal stability? I saw this on the Japanese product page:

translation: 1. Build a virtual studio system using a PC or console to control DJI RS 2. The system can also control multiple RS 2 units online, allowing a single operator to manage multiple devices at once.

which seems to indicate I'd have what I need, but @PatricioEscobar 's question and the lack of replies seem to indicate it's not a readily available feature. @rileycoyote 's recently announced Python SDK also seems to be mainly for logging and replaying- not for live controlling of the camera's position. Any information is appreciated!

2022-12-8
Use props
FredBGG
lvl.3
United States

HI

Maybe you can indirectly control a DJI gimbal using the Quadstick. It is a mouth controlled gaming controller. It's very ingenious and even allows for some quite fast game controlling.

There would be potential for some pretty cool camera control but this unit is USB based so I'm not sure if you could connect it with bluetooth to the gimbal.

Another option that my be good for you that you could operate through your mouse in the Camranger and it's motorized tripod head.
It is a relatively inexpensive option, but not as mobile and fast as a DJI gimbal and only has pan and tilt.
Camranger has a Mac and Windows interface as well as iOS and Android.
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules