Almost an OSMO ACTION owner but have a few technical questions...
647 6 2021-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magic Fingers
lvl.1

Canada

Hi everyone...

I am looking to purchase an OSMO ACTION to replace a Hero unit on my Goldwing. This little camera has just about everything I am looking for but I have a few technical questions that are more geared for the OSMO guru's...

So, I have already learned (and correct me if I am wrong) that you can operate (record) when the battery is charging. Some people use a large battery pack to extend the record time. With some of the newer very high capacity memory cards it seems that you can record almost forever. I have seen some "Pro's" on YouTube use 512GB cards to capacity (though not officially supported) with no ill effects or issues.

My first question is... What are the power requirements for the OSMO ACTION? (both charging and not charging the installed battery.)

I am looking to build a power supply for the camera and have it run off the bikes electrical system. My background is electronics so this is a not a problem for me. I would installing a fully charge battery to lessen the load on the cameras power/charging system.

My second question is... is there a "car" or "dash cam" mode that the camera can be put into that will power up the camera and start recording when the camera sees power at the USB connection?

There are 1 or 2 cameras out there that have the ability to do this and would be most handy in my situation. I tend to get on the bike, ride out of the garage and get a few KMs down the road before I remember that I forgot to turn the camera on. The camera is located in front of the bike which means I would have to pull over, get off and turn it on.  This would be a very handy feature. "Hint hint, wink wink" to the firmware writers responsible for this camera if not a feature. hahaha

Anyhow, anyone's insights would be greatly appreciated! Have a great day guys!

Tim

2021-7-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Q1: the OA will record while charging,   can be anything that is related to 5vdc. that the cameras operate on.  

Q2. No there are no dash cam features at all.  if DJI ever listened and offers it, you will stay tuned on the official software/firmware page, that is as far as it gets
$200.00 I would not  let that stop you from purchasing, gopro GOOD LUCK! $500.00 down the drain! I own both but not the Hero 9 Lol
2021-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Magic Fingers. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference about the DJI Osmo Action I will post a link where in you can find the specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI Osmo Action. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-action?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-7-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

to me this says that  the Team does not know, they are a receptionist directing. hop we the real people answered your question

2021-7-15
Use props
Magic Fingers
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-14 19:25
Hello there Magic Fingers. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference about the DJI Osmo Action I will post a link where in you can find the specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI Osmo Action. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-action?site=brandsite&from=nav

Hey Stephen,

Thanks for the additional information. You can never know too much about a product. Thanks for the extra info.

Tim
2021-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Magic Fingers Posted at 7-15 08:55
Hey Stephen,

Thanks for the additional information. You can never know too much about a product. Thanks for the extra info.

Hi there Tim. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-7-18
Use props
Schmoof
lvl.2
United States

DO NOT buy an Osmo Action for motovlogging... you will have nothing but headaches with the well documented audio issues...  until DJI addresses this, the Osmo Action is unsuitable for this use case.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D696%26typeid%3D696
2021-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules